Friday 21 October 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 21 October 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

How are you all? Have you all had things to smile about this week? I have and I will start with some happy mail.

 I have two postcards for you today (I have such a large pile to get through, so I'm showing you two). The first one shows autumn colours and it comes to me from Finland:

The stamps are lovely. The left one is the normal Finnish stamp with the ducks but the one on the right is about glass art.

Finland’s post office, Posti, has granted its stamp art promotion award for 2021 to glass artist Alma Jantunen. Her glass sculptures will be featured on two Finnish stamps to be issued Sept. 8 - 2021.

The two stamps are these:
Then my second card comes from the US:
I love this card. I'm trying to remember if I have read Anne of Green Gables. I must have done but I can't remember. Anyway, it is a lovely sentiment.
The stamp is the lovely orange flower. (My favorite of all the flower stamps).


Here in the K household things are ticking over. Hubby is very ill and his three adult children have all booked flights to come over to see their dad (probably for the last time) One couple are coming this weekend (as in later today), then his daughter is coming on her own the coming weekend, and his eldest son will come the weekend after that and will stay the week as he works from home so as long as he has internet, he can be where he likes.

Hubby is getting palliative care from our GPs and the district nurses. I'm writing this on Thursday night and on Friday morning our GP will come and talk us through the options. We are both relieved about this. No more treatment, no more hospital admissions. This is what he wants. 
We are both calm and at peace, and are able to talk a lot. We have had 30 amazingly lovely years together and for that we are so thankful and that is certainly something to smile about.

What else can I tell you? I have made some Dutch pea soup.
I used some swede this time in stead of potatoes, but I didn't like them so I had to spend some time fishing them all out again!

Here is the recipe for those that are interested:

The recipe is for the stove top method but I nowadays use my Instant Pot (15 minutes and 10 min natural release).

We have a little boutique in our village that has lovely clothes I must admit. Of course mostly geared to younger clients, but there is also something for the more 'mature' woman. I popped in the other day and bought a pair of black trousers, a gilet with fringes, and a beautiful scarf that had my name on it. Isn't that something to smile about?
I am one of those people that never buys clothes (I hate clothes shopping) so everyone was highly surprised that i had bought something spontaneously and not under duress. Lol.

I have been able to find some funnies and I will put them in at the end.

So that is all from me now. Please join me at Annie's at A Stitch In Time with your smiles.

Take care and keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

















9 comments:

My name is Erika. said...

I'm happy to read the peace you and your husband have come to Lisca. I love pea soup, and yours looks delicious. I hope you have a wonderful meeting with the doctor and a lovely weekend. hugs-Erika

kathyinozarks said...

you both are in my thoughts and prayers-
I love pea soup to I usually like to put chunks of ham in it and I like a few potatoes too-hugs

Iris Flavia said...

I wish you strength. Hugs.
Ii understand, too.

Cute dog-mural.
Respect is something missed these days. We got "reasons" back then. Today it´s pleading.
Good you find still reasons to smile.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I feel so sad for you Lisca. I know you keep saying you and Graham are at peace with this, but I am sure it is a big blow for you. You are both in my thoughts and prayers.

I would LOVE some pea soup about now. It sounds great.

I was thinking of you when I went grocery shopping yesterday. I spent an absolute fortune on eggs and thought how lucky you were to have your own chickens. I swear eggs are more expensive than gold.

I love the dog mural and the respect one, too. Please take care of YOU so you can take care of Graham.

mamapez5 said...

Lisca, know you are both held close in my prayers. I am glad you feel at peace so you can enjoy tis time with graham. Hold on to all those precious memories.
hat is is a beautiful scarf you trated yourself to. A good move!
I love the postcards and stamps this week. England are moving to 'bar-coded' stamps in January and they are not very exciting, but they are going to still produce a few commemorative ones.
Well done for still finding us some smiles. Stay strong, Kate x

Annie said...

I was so very sorry to hear the latest news about Graham but it was so lovely to know you are both being kept very strong during this difficult time with your faith. Make the best of every moment together. You will be in my thoughts.
Love and hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, sorry I'm late getting round today has just been a busy one for us. I saw that lovely photo of Grahem on Facebook. At least now you can both relax and make the most of your time together. I know you both must wish things could be different. Loving your funnies today, there are many I can relate to. Sending gentle hugs for you both, Angela xXx

Amila said...

I guess this could be my first visit to your blog. I am sorry to hear about your husband. Wishing you all good strength and happiness!
The postcard and stamps are beautiful.
Have a great weekend!

Amila - www.diaryofanewmom.com

Celtic house said...

You my sweetie are quite an amazing lady, I'm glad that Graham isn't having to worry about ongoing treatment, I hope you get to enjoy some beautiful times together moving forward and that he gets to enjoy visits from his children. I will keep both of you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie.

Biggest hugs xxxxxx