Tuesday 25 October 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 25 October 2022 - T for Hope is a thing with feathers

 Hello lovely girls,

How are you all? Today we visit Elizabeth and Bleubeard as we are invited to the T-Party. I will find a drink to share later on. But let me start with a postcard:

This is a card which I received from  Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is the poetry of Emily Dickinson in the shape of a bird. On the back of the card it says: Poems (Second Series) 1891.

The stamp is a round flower stamp. It is the orange one, which is my favorite:


Here in Caniles things have hit crisis point over the weekend. My husband had a massive bleed which came out as vomit. We had to call out the emergency services and they were brilliant. He now has a subcutaneous entry point ( a needle under the skin) through which I can give him drugs. They have been very generous and I have lots of powerful painkillers which I can give him as I see fit. I am surprised they have entrusted me with so much morphine! 

Hubby is still smiling! We have had the pleasure of all three children visiting. On son and daughter in law came on Thursday and left on Sunday, and our daughter and eldest son arrived on Sunday (from different parts of the UK), so we had one afternoon where all three were together. It was very special to have them all together. We had an amazing prayer session together and just enjoyed each other's company:


What a blessing!

Now I have to find a photo with a drink in it. Here is a photo from our holiday in England where we were eating fish & chips (perhaps for the second time, we like it so much):

There is my glass of white wine and hubby is drinking tonic water.

What else can I show you:
This is at our local fish monger. She comes Tuesdays and Fridays. 

I bought some haddock and cooked it under the grill, topped with cheese. I used a recipe from Mr Paul's Pantry. Very nice. 
The following photo was taken in Granada when hubby was in hospital.
Interesting urban art.



That is all from me. I'm going to bed (I'm writing this on Monday night). 
Happy T-Day!
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca




10 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

hugs and prayers dear Lisca

Celtic house said...

Keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. Hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Sending hugs and prayers to you and your hubby! Stay strong. Hugs, Valerie

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear about the hubby's bad weekend, but glad he is comfortable now. I am loving that postcard, and it is also wonderful that your family got to come together. I hope you are taking care of yourself too. Happy T day Lisca. Hugs-Erika

Kate Yetter said...

It's a good thing you are a nurse and able to help medicate. So glad that your family was able to be all together! You and your hubby are in my prayers.
Love the post card and the photos from the fish monger.
Happy Tea Day, dear Lisca.
Kate

DVArtist said...

Graham is in the best care. I am so glad your kids were able to visit. Much love and blessing.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So sorry to read Graham is going downhill fast. It was wonderful you have a great reunion together. He always seems to smile even when things are at their worst. He and you are still in my thoughts and prayers.

That is a beautiful postcard and really appropriate for how you are feelings.

I also love fish and chips and will join your husband drinking tonic water while you enjoy your wine.

That is a really quirky mural and HUGE, too. thanks for sharing your postcard, the mural, the fish monger, your family reunion, and your drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

Empire of the Cat said...

Good that everyone was able to visit, and that your husband is improved from the weekend, glad you are able to look after him at home. My mum did that for my dad also, and much better than hospital. Lovely postcard, one of my favourite poets and beautiful as a bird. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

Sharon Madson said...

Lisca, I am so glad your family were altogether and also that you could all pray together. That is precious, and good medicine for you and your husband. I have prayed and will keep praying for grace and strength for both of you. Love your Emily Dickinson post card. Thanks for updating us, all. Hugs!

pearshapedcrafting said...

What a lovely postcard. Family time looks and sounds so good! Fish and chips is a special treat. Also praying for, hugs, Chrisx