Tuesday 20 September 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 20 September 2022 /-T for

 Hello lovely ladies,

I am writing this on Monday afternoon and beside me I have my iPad with BBC News Channel playing images of the funeral cortege making its way to Windsor. Our son and d-i-l live in Windsor so it is very familiar to us.

So you won't be surprised that my postcard today has an Elizabethan theme:

It's a card that comes to me from the USA. The card has the image of a stamp, commemorating HM the Queen's silver jubilee.

The stamps are really nice. The middle one features the Boston State Home. Wikipedia says this:
The Massachusetts State House, also known as the Massachusetts Statehouse or the New State House, is the state capitol and seat of government for the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, located in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Boston. The building houses the Massachusetts General Court (state legislature) and the offices of the Governor of Massachusetts. The building, designed by architect Charles Bulfinch, was completed in January 1798 at a cost of $133,333 (more than five times the budget), and has repeatedly been enlarged since. It is one of the oldest state capitols in current use. It is considered a masterpiece of Federal architecture and among Bulfinch's finest works, and was designated a National Historic Landmark for its architectural significance.

Here are some colour pictures taken from the Internet:




Now for some more special stamps. Thank you Elizabeth for using so many different stamps.:

The Purple Heart Medal is new to me. 


The Purple Heart Medal stamp design features a photograph taken by Ira Wexler of a Purple Heart medal awarded during World War II. The 2011 Purple Heart with Ribbon stamp was reworked in 2012 to display a slightly larger image of the Purple Heart medal on a pure white background. Designed by art director Jennifer Arnold, the stamp was given the name Purple Heart Medal.

This envelope arrived this morning! It had lovely napkins in it. Aren't they lovely. I can see myself do a lot of fussy cutting.

Haha, you can see my feet!

One of the napkins (Jo's I believe) is like a ten pound note. Here is a real bank note underneath:

And of course here are my two ATCs. The one on the right is from Jo and on the left from Elizabeth and Bluebeard. Bluebeard himself featuring in this splendid work of art.
We've just come back from the UK and I still had some bank notes in my purse. The real banknotes have a transparent part as you can see in the following photo:

And some sort of hologram in that transparent part:

Many of you will be asking how my husband is. We saw our GP last week and he revised the medication. He stopped the antibiotics that hubby had been taking for so long. But then on Friday morning in the middle of the night he woke up shaking and had very high fever. (40 degrees C or 104 F) And he has been poorly ever since. Needless to say, the antibiotics have quickly been reinstated. I did a Covid test on him but that was negative. Today is the first day he is (almost) without fever. So things are looking up. On Thursday we will be seeing the oncologist at the hospital. I hope he is well enough to start the chemo therapy.

I've had some more happy mail:

It is a postcard from Kathy in Ozark. She has made this herself and she wanted me to have one. Isn't it lovely! Thank you Kathy.


Now as this is a blog for the T-Party organized by Elizabeth and Bleubeard, I owe you all some drinks. In the following photo my drink is a cider. The waitress asked me: 'Cloudy or clear'? I said 'clear'. Very nice it was too.

This is hubby's sister and b.i.l who came to visit us when we were in the caravan in Devon on Exmoor (a beautiful part of the world). We took them to a pub that does food (very good food I might add). 
I had a crab dish with salad. And my brother in law had a hamburger.
I do like to recognize what I eat. In some places you get an undefined 'goo' on your plate and you just have to believe it is chicken (or whatever it is supposed to be). I don't often eat crab (and it was locally caught) so I really enjoyed this.
The dessert was something deliciously chocolaty with some honeycomb on top. The white orb is clotted cream. Yumm!


I really wanted to show you the lovely fireplace in the background, but when I took the picture, the waitress offered to take one. Hubby is pointing out to me that the waitress was hovering behind me.Hope you can see the fireplace better here.


The outside of the pub looks like this:





That is it from me today. I will link up with Elizabeth and Bleubeard at Altered Book Lover.

Happy T-Day all!

Hugs,
Lisca







14 comments:

  1. It's interesting that you wrote about the Massachusetts' state house in Boston. Massachusetts is my home state, and it was fun to read about a building I visited a couple of times as a child. And I'm sorry to hear your husband was having a fever. Hopefully the antibiotics can help. It must be stressful, but I do remember you had been a nurse so perhaps you deal with it better than I would. And that chocolate pie does look delicious. I hope you have a wonderful T day and week ahead. And I'm sending improved health wishes to your husband too. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy T day. Lots of lovely items you shared today. Thank you for the update about Graham too. Sending all positive and healing energy to him. His sister looks like him. What a great meal. Have a very nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisca, I really enjoyed reading your post today, and am happy you received the postcard ok too-those were fun to make.
    I am sending healing prayers for your husband, hope he feels better soon. The foods all look soooo delicious! and I Love the fireplace-I do so miss our wood heat and woodstoves we had for heat at our woods home. Happy Tuesday Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good to hear that your husband traveled well — though I’m sorry he relapsed when you returned home, and I hope that the medications and chemo will soon help him more.

    Your trip sounds like lots of fun. I really have enjoyed pub food in England and also Ireland, where there’s also quite good seafood and nice open hearths to sit by.

    best…mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry that your husband had some bad days and was feeling poorly. I do hope that he will feel better and can start the chemo soon that hopefully will further help him. - Fun photos from your trip to England. Devon is a lovely area, isn't it? I've only been there once, but I remember it fondly. Happy T day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisca, You and hubby are in my prayers. I am so glad you got your napkins, and that you appreciated all Elizabeth's stamps. That was a special thing she did, putting all those stamps on the envelope. That desert with the chocolate and honeycomb looks scrumptious! Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Queen sure dominated TVs world-wide.
    What a coincidence. Dreamed this night I got up and Ingo was still home, sick (he get´s up at 04, ,me at 05:00 am).

    Glad your Hubby is better.
    And oh, I think Kathy really can´t wait for fall to arrive ;-)
    I have my deer shoes out - not so happy about it...

    Nice pub and meetup for sure.
    Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Actually, Sharon put all the pear stamps on your envelope. I was running out of stamps at that point and I know she applied them because they went on perfectly, not haphazardly like I would have. Yours was the last one because Sharon had to write your name and address on the envie.

    I loved the postcard you got. It is beautiful and just perfect for today. Those were some nice stamps, too.

    Sorry to read about Graham and his relapse. I sincerely hope he is better soon and can start chemo.

    You have made me incredibly hungry and now I want to find something either gooey or savory. Your food looks delicious. I've never heard of clear or cloudy cider. Thanks for sharing your mail art and stamps, as well as your meals and drinks with us for T this Tuesday. Be aware my prayers go out to Graham on his recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your postcard as well as the ATC's, napkins and stamps.
    That pub is beautiful, both interior and exterior. I had to laugh when you mentioned "undefined goo." I am not sure I would just go with it and take someone's word that it is what I ordered.
    Glad to hear that your hubby is coming out of the fever. Something like that can be scary.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  10. Enjoyed your photos of the napkins, stamps and art. I wasn't able to participate in the exchange so when people post their results I get a fun little peek into what went on.

    Sorry to hear you husband had a fever and hope things will go forward with his chemo as planned. This must be a great worry for you, I will keep you both in my thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got to see the coverage of Queen's funeral, it was a very historic day full of emotion and celebration. So lovely to see all your napkins and thanks so much for the ATC, that was very kind of you 😊. I hope your husband is better soon and sending you Happy T Day wishes! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely post, Lisca. Wonderful stamps, swap items, and pictures. I always love to see pictures of you and your sweet husband. I am glad he is back on the antibotics and not suffering. Keep us posted as we all think of you two.

    The food all looks so good. Your trip sounds super. I have never thought of doing a caravan like that and I think it makes a lot of sense.

    Happy T-day a bit late, and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  13. The new statehouse in Boston is impressive inside, too. It was fun to see the old stamp with my state's statehouse on it. Lovely items from the swamp. Looks like you had a wonderful time at the pub. The food looks awesome especially that dessert. Sending positive thoughts to you and your husband. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything looks good, nice napkin haul too, I think I see two of mine in there. I lived in Windsor for a while, nice town. Hope you are both well. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete