Friday 2 September 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 2 September 2022 - Friday Smiles and Second on the 2nd

 Hello lovely ladies,

Today I am on a camp site in Devon. I hope I can post this as there is no Internet service here and I have to rely on my phone signal, which is not so good in this area.

But here goes:

As it's Friday Smiles (hosted by Annie at A Stitch In Time), here is something to smile about:

My postcard for today made me smile so much when I received it:

It actually says: Happy Easter, but that doesn't matter. 

Three handsome young men with great big smiles on their faces, bearing beautiful roses! What's not to like!
 The stamp features Hildegard Wegscheider who I have written about in a previous blog post. 

I have also found an old blogpost from 2016. I'm posting this as Second on the 2nd:

A Postcard A Day - Friday 23 Sept 2016 - Friday Smiles

Hi folks! Are you all smiling?. Every cloud has a silver lining, as they say.
The postcard for today is a funny one. A typical British seaside card. Remember the saucy cartoon drawings? I don't think they sell those anymore but I received this one as a gift from a blog friend (Angela Radford):
I hadn't noticed the bag of cement immediately, had you?

I'm going to link up with Annie at Friday Smiles. Will you join us? Sorry Annie that I was AWOL last week...

Here are a few funnies that I found on the internet:
This one needs to be read out aloud, (because I thought 'who the heck is Philippe P....?')








And this kitty is enjoying his breakfast!


How about also heading for Rocking Your World Friday, where Virginia shares her week with you. That's where I'm going to link up after Annie's Friday Smiles.

 I hope you all have a fun weekend and a positive week ahead,
hugs,
Lisca

Virginia is no longer posting blogs, so that link won't work.
This is all from me. I will try to link up with Elizabeth and Bleubeard for their Second on the 2nd, and of course with Annie (see link at the top).

Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca



8 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I loved your second look, Lisca. It was definitely a first look for me. At first, I didn't get it, even though I saw the cement. There are times these things simply go over my head. I think it's great you also featured a postcard from our dear Angela, who Friday Smiles participants know quite well. Thanks for sharing this second look with us on the 2nd, dear.

Your postcard for today is charming. Smiling men with roses. How sweet is that. Definitely smile worthy.

Cute funnies this week, dear. Sorry I didn't leave you a comment on Tuesday. I didn't see the two posts that were run together until someone else said something. The part I saw didn't have a place to leave a comment, but I also didn't see the run on post. Please understand I tried to figure out how to leave a comment, but I finally gave up.



Empire of the Cat said...

Hi Lisca I do remember those postcards, my mum disapproved of them a lot lol. Happy second on the second, I am late for tea this week but will catch up. Elle/EOTC xx

mamapez5 said...

Well done for managing a post today. I have been following your holiday in UK on Facebook. It looks as though you are having a lovely time with Graham's family. Kate x

My name is Erika. said...

Hurrah it worked. I hope you are having fun camping in Devon. Are you in a tent or caravan? I hope you are having a good time. It was fun to see your second postcard. And those funnies were fun, even if they are older. Have a wonderful rest of your trip to England. Hugs-Erika

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Lisca, this is the third time I've tried to comment, it keeps just disappearing! Your post was fun, and I especially liked the funny with the deodorant stick, thanks for the laughs! Enjoy your time in England, hugs, Valerie

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, hope you're having a nice time. It's such a long time since I've been to Devon, it was a family favourite when I lived at home. It's great to see the old postcards. They are not so easy to find now and they certainly are not as cheeky as they used to be though we've not been to the coast since Covid started so I don't know if you can still get them. I still have afew from my last visit, who knows they may become very collectable like some of the old Victorian postcards. It's interesting what you said about the Steampunk costumes. I saw something on Facebook with the ladies bloomers on the washing line so they must intend wearing them again or selling them maybe. There were stalls selling Steampunk gear and there's loads now on-line too. Oh and you can be sure I don't allow my Schnauzers anywhere near my beds Lol! Have a great weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Mae Travels said...

Your are so persistent in the face of no internet service! It's amazing that you managed this post, and I enjoyed it -- thank you!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Celtic house said...

Im suee yiu are enjoying your family time whilst visiting the UK xx