Friday 22 July 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 22 July 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely people,

The week has flown by and it is Friday again. This blog is about the smiles and the silver linings etc. I have lots of smiles and the fist one of course is my postcard. 

I belong to an online postcard exchange community called Postcrossing. Sometimes groups organize to meet. I have never been to any of the Spanish meets as they usually take place in the larger cities which are more than a day's travel, (Too far for me).
This card is from a meeting of Postcrossers in Bengaluru in India. Bengaluru (also called Bangalore) is the capital of India's southern Karnataka state. The center of India's high-tech industry, the city is also known for its parks and nightlife. It has more than 8 million inhabitants.

The images on the card are all stamps from different countries to celebrate Postcrossing. The Netherlands have issued quite a few (top right and top middle)


 and Guernsey has two fun ones too (bang in the middle and also middle left). 



Finland has a lot of Postcrossers and have issued some stamps too (bottom middle).

Below you can see some signatures of members.


The info at the bottom of the card reads: "India has over 10,000 active Postcrossers as on 11 June 2022 who sent close to 400,000 postcards from India to all over the world. PSOI (Indian post office) and Postcrossers hope that India releases an attractive commemorative stamp on Postcrossing soon."

The stamp is cute and shows the Lesser Sulphur-crested Cockatoo. According to Wikipedia, they are found in Indonesia (Not India?) and are critically endangered. There are apparently only 2500 left. The yellow-crested cockatoo is critically endangered. 
Numbers have declined dramatically due to illegal trapping for the cage-bird trade. Between 1980 and 1992, over 100,000 of these birds were legally exported from Indonesia.

What have we been doing? We saw the oncologist yesterday morning and he suggested a new type of chemotherapy that shouldn't affect the platelets (that has been the problem in the past). So we are now waiting for hubby to be fitted with a special contraption directly into the vein.  Also his painkillers have been changed, so I hope that will keep him going for a while longer. We see this as good news so smiles all around.

After the hospital visit we met up with two of my friends and decided to have a drink so that we could catch up:


The other smile is that hubby's daughter is on her way from the airport and will be here any minute.
I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time. Please join us with your smiles. Of course there will be some funnies at the end. Not many as I haven't had time to gather them. I hope you don't mind.
Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs and 
Keep smiling!
Lisca
















9 comments:

  1. Oh, love the crabby mailman!
    I used to share this hobby, too. Hmmm, maybe I should resume to it.
    Beautiful stamp. Oh, I would, could and would love to collect some for my friend in Perth.
    You really make me re-consider.

    I truly admire your positive attitude. Glad you can still laugh and smile and enjoy life.

    Enjoy family visits :-) Hugs

    Oh, those milk-cartons are so clever - I would fall for that, too!
    Can relate to the book-plan. And Kevin Bacon!!! LOL!
    Interesting last one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a nice postcard. Lots of lovely postage stamps. I really enjoyed seeing all the different ones that were on the card.

    I hope the new chemo is going to work and Graham will get well. I know it's been a disappointment to you, so I hope this really IS good news.

    How nice that Graham's daughter is coming for a visit. I am sure that will bring smiles all around. Hope you have a super Friday and a great weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisca, you are so right about the postcard and the stamps too, so much to learn from them. Things are looking good for Graham and that's enough to make anyone smile and visitors too what could be better. Great funnies. I'd seen the one before about the reading Schedule and I fully understand that I fit into that category for sure. Have alovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to mention how much I enjoyed some of your funnies and the fingerprint/wood ring, which was my favorite.

    To answer your question, the flowers in my wheelbarrow are not herbs. Two are butterfly bushes, one is sedum (on the bottom), and I forget the middle one. They all flower and have at some point. I also planted one Lily of the Valley. This is for decoration, only and not for human consumption. I'll share my overgrown herb garden next week. To answer that question, right now I pick herbs as I need them. I also make sure to get herbs cut before they flower. My catnip has already flowered, but neither cat cares for it, so I can't understand why I bought a plant this year when I already had one (DUH)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisca, aren't all those stamps lovely. So colourful and with lots of information included too.
    I am glad you csn see Graham's new treatment as positive. I sincerly hope it goes well for him.
    Have a lovely time with his daughter. We ate still enjoying our son Tom's company for another week.
    You found some interesting funnies to keep us smiling.
    Sorry i am so late posting but the heat has sapped my energy and I seem to be a bit behind with everything! Stay cool and have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry I'm so late in the day leaving my comments today....I'm having to use the lap top because my Ipad doesn't allow me to leave comments on many blogs.
    I was so very sorry to read the news about Graham but will be sending you lots of positive vibes that the new treatment works miracles for him. I love your funnies.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Doing a happy dance. Your napkin package arrived today. YEA!! Now just waiting on Chris.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Collecting and exchanging postcards was a family hobby for a long time. My mother started it with her nieces, and continued it with us, and my sister has all her cards now. Until the internet I sent cards to family on every trip -- but now we are in touch by email and blogs, so I haven't been sending postcards, which take so long to arrive that we are home before they are. This new global exchange is a great development for the hobby!

    Wishing you all the best with the new treatments for your husband!

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I resemble the dog owner card... what a pleasant group you all make... I am so happy seeing your pics of going out and seeing friends... glad hubby's daughter will be there... be safe

    ReplyDelete