Tuesday 31 May 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 31 May 2022 - T for

 Hello lovely ladies, How are you all? I am usually fine but today I have to admit that I am ill in bed. I have dragged myself to the computer to write this. I tested positive for Covid on Friday night! I had a fever and I generally felt 'rough' and 'grotty'. I have no idea where I cought it, but that's neither here nor there. I am staying home and in bed until I test negative. I had a bit of a cold (runny nose) in the days before Friday so I refrained from kissing my hubby as I was afraid he'd catch my cold. Now I'm hoping he wont get it.

My postcard for today is from the USA:

It's a Lou Paper design, which I love so much. The theme is Illinois. I thought that i had never been to Illinois until I saw Chicago. I have been to Chicago (in passing) a few times. 
That was years ago, so I have never seen the Cloud Gate. It is a work of art:

Cloud Gate is a public sculpture by Indian-born British artist Anish Kapoor, that is the centerpiece of AT&T Plaza at Millennium Park in the Loop community area of ChicagoIllinois.  Constructed between 2004 and 2006, the sculpture is nicknamed "the Bean" because of its shape, a name Kapoor initially disliked, but later grew fond of. Made up of 168 stainless steel plates welded together, its highly polished exterior has no visible seams. It measures 33 by 66 by 42 feet (10 by 20 by 13 m), and weighs 110 short tons (100 t; 98 long tons).



Kapoor's design was inspired by liquid mercury and the sculpture's surface reflects and distorts the city's skyline. Visitors are able to walk around and under Cloud Gate's 12-foot (3.7 m) high arch. 


The stamps are beautiful:

The stamp on the right is one of a series issued this spring:

Each stamp features a different flower: a purple pasqueflower, an orange-red wood lily, a bright yellow alpine buttercup and a dark pink Woods’ rose. The artist’s hand-drawn illustrations, refined digitally, create a block-print aesthetic.


Pasqueflower (Anemone patens) is distributed in the Western and central states. It grows on mountain slopes, in meadows and on prairie grasslands. One of the earliest blooming wildflowers, the common name pasque refers to Easter or Passover, when the flowers first begin to appear.


So, as I've been in bed,  I don't have much to show you. But of course we did have lunch out at our favorite restaurant on Wednesday and I have some photos:
I had a glass of Tinto de Verano, which is wine with lemon juice I think. Very refreshing.

Behind us the gift section. As always there are the black dollies. They have always sold them as long as I can remember (We've been coming here since 2004).

In the car park was a trailer full of squealing pigs. What made me take the picture is the fact that they seem to have air conditioning. And they seemed to have a lot of room as they could be heard moving around.

Then on Thursday I had to go to have my bloods taken. Hubby came to pick me up and because I had been be nil-by-mouth, we had breakfast together at a nearby restaurant:



That's all from me tonight. 
As soon as I can I will link up with Elizabeth and Bluebeard to join the T-Party called T for Tuesday. Please join us if you like by posting something with a beverage (any kind of beverage).

Happy T-Day!
Hugs,
Lisca






12 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, so sorry you are ill from covid-hoping no ill effects from this.
Enjoyed seeing your Illinois postcard as my husband and I lived in northern Illinois bordering the state above it Wisconsin for many years. I worked for the phone company with a long drive before retirement.
I love those new woodland flower stamps too, I bought some to use for my slow mail.
Hadn't heard of adding lemon juice to wine but I am going to try that. healing prayers being sent your way Hugs Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

Sorry to hear you have caught covid Lisca. I hope you feel better soon. I know so many who have caught it since the start of the new year, all vaccinated so all have had mild cases. I hope your case stays mild, that your husband stays healthy, and you have a nice T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

Hope you are well again soon! Scary, still.
The Cloud Gate looks great!
As do the stamps - have a good T-Day and get well soon. Hugs.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your postcard, stamps and the photos are wonderful, but I'm so sorry that you have Covid, and hope and pray that your hubby doesn't catch it.
Look after yourself and take care, hugs, Valerie .

Mae Travels said...

Wishing you a speedy recovery! My sister (double boosted) had covid last week. She has no idea where it came from -- she lives a very isolated life. Breakthroughs like yours & hers seem to be all over.

I like your sketch of Illinois. "The Bean" is a lot of fun -- I was there with my granddaughter who loved it.

Housekeeping note: I had to comment from my laptop as your blog will not let me post from the iPad. The message says I must sign in, but I'm already signed in. I'm not the only one with this issue.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

DVArtist said...

Good post for having covid. Hope you are better soon.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How horrible that you have Covid. I hope you are better soon.

I am looking for your e-mail address because I need to ask you a question that I don't want to share with others. Sadly, I can't find it and I don't want mine on the internet, either. If you could send Julia from WOYWW fame an e-mail (julia dunnit at me dot com _no spaces in between), she will give you mine and you can contact me that way.

That's a great postcard. The last time I was in Chicago, they were in the process of installing The Bean. I missed it. Those are lovely postage stamps on the postcard.

Two drink choices this week. Nice that you were able to enjoy them before your forced isolation. Please get well soon.

Thanks for sharing your postcard, your week, and your drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.


jinxxxygirl said...

Lisca you always share the most fascinating things.. Thank you for that.. I enjoyed reading about the 'Bean'.. i didn't know any of that and now i shared it with hubby and now we both do.. Even had to look up what the difference was between a short ton and a long ton. Love learning new things. I sure hope you feel better soon my friend! Happy T day! Hugs! deb

CJ Kennedy said...

I've never been to Chicago so found the items of the city interesting. "The Bean" is quite fascinating. I love eating out, but I think eating breakfast out is my favorite. I hope you are feeling better. Happy T Day

Let's Art Journal said...

Such fabulous postcards and those flower postage stamps are so beautiful 😁. Sounds like you've had a busy week, the wine looks very refreshing with the lemon too. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Sharon Madson said...


Sorry to hear you have been ill, Lisca. Lovely post card! I had not heard of "the Bean" and wished I could have seen it when I was in Chicago. I think I have been since it was created. Thanks for the info. Get better. Hugs.

Empire of the Cat said...

oh no, I hope you are feeling a lot better since you wrote this post. I remember all the fuss about the bean, I thought it was funny. Sorry for my lateness, Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx