Tuesday 10 May 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 10 May 2022 - T for Tuesday

 Hello lovely ladies, 

I have no postcard for you today. I had three and I’ve used them all. So I will show you some photos of a monastery I visited last week when my husband was having his treatment.




Granada Charterhouse (SpanishCartuja de Granada) is a Carthusian monastery in GranadaSpain. It is one of the finest examples of Spanish Baroque architecture.



Exterior of the Charterhouse (viewed in the sunset)
Dome of the tabernacle of Granada Charterhouse. Frescoes by Acisclo Antonio Palomino de Castro
View of the Monastery from the south-east

The charterhouse was founded in 1506; construction started ten years later, and continued for the following 300 years. While the exterior is a tame ember in comparison, the interior of the monastery's is a flamboyant explosion of ornamentation. Its complex echoing geometric surfaces make of it one of the masterpieces of Churrigueresque style. The most striking features include the tabernacle, constructed to a design by Francisco Hurtado Izquierdothe church and the famous sacristy, built between 1727 and 1764 by Luis de Arévalo and F. Manuel Vasquez.[1] The charterhouse displays an extensive collection of paintings, prominent among which the works of Fray Juan Sánchez Cotán.










I don’t particularly like baroque but I was impressed by the beauty and the workmanship. The sacristy is beautiful. Here is the door:

It’s beautifully crafted, and all the drawers for the priest’s vestments are made in the same manner.



I spent a pleasant afternoon there. I got a guided tour on my phone after scanning a QR code. Very 21st century!

We are still staying in Granada. Hubby will have his last treatment on Thursday. Since the weekend we are staying in a lovely hotel, rather than a cramped room. My sister and her husband came to see us and we had a lovely time.



This can be my ticket to the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard. I’m drinking a Bitter Kas which is like a Campari soda without the alcohol.

I ordered a goat cheese salad, once we went inside to eat:



Very nice it was.
The next photo sees us waiting with our luggage for my sister and her husband to help us transfer to the hotel which was only a few hundred yards down the road.
This is a funny mug I found on the internet:


And finally some coffee:

The translation is: The day is yours, live it how you want. Good morning.

I have a bit of video of a rather crowded place we went to, but someone was playing a guitar on the street and the girls spontaneously started to dance. It was fun to watch.  I hope it works.

That is it from me today. It’s not easy to produce a blogpost on my iPad, and it seems the video didn’t come through. Oh well, I’ll keep trying. You never know….


Have a good week,
Keep smiling,
Happy T-Day,
Hugs,
Lisca







12 comments:

  1. That monastery was lovely. Those doors and the design was incredible. It sounds like you had a great time there, too.

    So nice to see your sister and her husband again. Lots of nice drinks and lovely looking food. Graham looked good. I have never seen him not smiling, even when he was in pain. Thanks for taking us to the monastery and the restaurant for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful postcards from the monasteedry, it looks so beautiful. Glad you are now living in a better place during the treatment. Your mea sounds geat, too. Have a wonderful T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning, thank you for sharing about the monastery Beautiful
    I am glad to read you found a nicer place to stay this week and that the treatments are almost completed. Your food looks delicious-Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Lisca, that monastery is beautiful. So much artistry in everything. TFS pictures!!!

    The food looks yummy. Glad hubby's treatments are almost done and you got to spend time with your sister.

    Happy T-day and hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear that your husband's treatment is almost finished. I hope it has the desired effect in improving his health. I think you have had a big challenge dealing with all this. Your sister really looks just like you! So great that she came to help you.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think a tour of the monastery would be fascinating. Your food looks delicious. It looks like a wonderful place to stay. I'm glad the treatments are almost at an end and trust his recovery will be complete. Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisca what a beautiful Monastery.. Thank you for showing us around! Well i can certainly see the family resemblance between you and your sister.. How lovely they were able to come visit! You and your husband have been so strong and brave.. I'll bet you are so relieved to see the last treatment coming up.. Big Hugs! and Happy T day! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! it's been awhile ~ I'm glad to hear your hubby is almost done with treatments. Your meal looks yummy and the monastery is very interesting. Enjoy your week ~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like Graham is handling the treatments, he looks good. Are you and your sister twins? Wow you look so much alike. Both beautiful. That is a beautiful monastery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think your post turned out great. One would never know you were having trouble on your tablet. Before I read that I was thinking how skilled you are that you put little pictures and captions on the section about the monastery.
    The Monastery is gorgeous and am going to look it up to see more pictures. My favorite is the picture of the exterior with the citrus tree.
    Your hubby looks very good despite the toll that treatments take on one's body. Glad that you were able to make this experience more pleasant with family and touring.
    Your goat cheese salad looks delicious and I am admiring the plate. So pretty!
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  11. P.S. I forgot to mention that I love the mug! It took me a few seconds before I realized what it was and then I had to laugh. I looked for one similar on Amazon but couldn't find it. I will have to keep looking.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unusual artistic mug. I bet you will be glad to get back home. Happy T Day. I am sorry for being late, but was out of town.

    ReplyDelete