Friday 6 May 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 6 May 2022 Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies, how are you all? 

Today we round up the smiles of the week and join Annie at A Stitch In Time.

I have another postcard for you, and that always makes me smile. This is a strange one, although it’s quite fun too.  It looks like someone photoshopped lots of old fashioned images together:


There is a lot of glitter on the card. The writing on the image reads: English Garden, and on the hot air balloon it reads: Greeting from Munich.

It was sent by Marc, who lives in Detmold, Germany,  near the Dutch border. He has used a new (to me) digital stamp and a fun sticker of a loud speaker.


I've not been able to find any information on this stamp. And my QR code reader on my phone tells me it is a format it cannot read. So there.

We’re still In Granada. Hubby has four more treatments to do next week. I can’t wait to get back home. When he is having his treatment, I walk around the area, do some shopping, go to the post office etc. Yesterday hubby was running late and I got a bit peckish. There are lots of stalls with churros and waffles and the like. I treated myself to a waffle:


It came in a little box. I sat on a bench in the sun to eat (read: scoff) it. They had poured some very unhealthy caramel sauce over it, but it was delicious. The building you see in the background is the hospital.

This week is Cruz de Mayo, a festival where people everywhere decorate crosses. This was outside the cafe near our lodgings.
Wednesday I walked through the square in front of the hospital and saw the cross there, made up with lots of books. Behind it was a choir of ‘white coats’ singing.

I hung around to listen for a bit to pass the time.


Now I’m looking forward to the weekend when my sister and her hubby are coming to see us. I will show them the best bits of Granada, as they’ve never been here before ( only on the ski pistes, but that is outside the centre.)

That is it from me today. 
Wishing you all a fab weekend.
Hugs,
Lisca

Here are a few funnies that I have been able to find:



A palindrome = a word, phrase, or sequence that reads the same backwards as forwards, e.g. madam or nurses run.



This one is for Iris (One of Henry's cousins perhaps?):





And here is a book worm:


7 comments:

  1. That's a fun postcard. I like it. Odd that the app couldn't read the QR code. I know how much you love your stamps, so that is one you hope not to see again, I'm sure. I got a small package from Scotland today and was so hurt that the sender used METERED MAIL!!

    Sounds like Cruz de Mayo is similar to Mexico's Cinco de Mayo. I bet you will be very happy to see your sister next week.

    Loved some of those funnies, especially the pot holes. Hope you have a great Friday and a super new week, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is lovely to back and catch up with everyone. Your stay in Granada has been quite long so I understand you need to get home now.
    The post card is fun. The new stamp is being introduced in UK and everyone has been warned to use up any old ones they still have. It is aimed at stopping people re-using any that missed the franking machine.
    Hope you have a nice time with your sister.
    Good funnies to make me smile as usual. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the postcard and stamps. I hope you are treating yourself to some nice things while shopping but I can imagine you are ready to go home as the stay has been quite long. It seems to me that the Spanish are always having festivals, maybe that's why theu always seem so happy or maybe it's the sun! Loving the funnies I especially had to smile at the pot hole one as we have grass growing in one down our street. Enjoy the rest of your stay and love to Graham too. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I´m so with you. We enjoy life and our loved goes through "that"...

    Have fun with family.
    Haha, IKEA, and the potholes!!
    Love the bookworm :-)
    Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry I'm so late commenting this week...yesterday was 'one of those days'.
    Not long to go with the treatment now and thats def worth a smile or two. Lovely to see where you've been while passing the time.
    Stay safe both.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the information about the crosses, hoping hubby's treatment is nearly done now, hope you have a good catch up with family xxx

    ReplyDelete