Friday 14 January 2022

A Postcard A Day - Friday 14 January 2022 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Here we are again on Friday. The week just flies by! Today we look back to see what made us smile this week. I will show you a postcard, because mail in my mailbox always makes me smile.

A lovely reproduction of a photo from 1907 "Girl reading a letter". It was sent to me by Natasja from the Netherlands. (I can't read the postmark so I don't know from where in the Netherlands.)
She sends me beautiful stamps with Queen Máxima on them. 



Queen Máxima is a very popular queen and she is not just a pretty face. She is some whizz kid in high finance and is very active internationally in her field.

This week has been good.  Let me show you my collages so you can see what we have been up to:

You can tell by the photos that we are still having nice weather, especially during the day, when the sun shines it's warm enough to sit outside.
Hubby went to the olive processing plant in the village (there are two actually). The harvest is in and there is a mountain of 'pips' which we buy to burn in our stove. We pay 3 or 2,50 euros a sack, depending on how big the sack is. They don't weigh the sacks, just eye-ball them.

I found a nest on a leaf of one of my plants (the plant has red leaves) and I was told it is the nest of the paper wasp. I have written about it on Tuesday

On Sunday we usually go to our little evangelical church in town. We are back to meeting in person (but strictly with masks). But in the evening Hubby plays guitar at an outreach gathering in an old dilapidated farm. The people that go there are ex- homeless or ex-druggies and often with psychiatric problems. One of the leaders is schizophrenic (very well controlled I must say. I've never known him to behave strangely) and he talks to people in the waiting room of the hospital and invites them to the meetings. I always make sure there is a nice cake. Our Dutch friend and his daughter are also involved. And the men love to see children (there are two or three).

When I walked to the gym the other day, I noticed that they were pulling down an appartement building next to the school. There were 8 apartments. They used to house teachers that lived far away. But nowadays all the teachers have cars and for the last 10 at least, the building has housed head offices of several charities. I have no idea what will be built in its place.
Tuesday the weather turned. There was mist hanging over the mountains in the morning, and it remained much colder the rest of the day. I made a hearty beef stew in my Instant Pot.
Our friends K & A came for coffee, but I forgot to take any pictures!
I like doing Future Learn courses (because they are free) and this time I'm doing a course that talks about the Qu'ran compared to the Jewish Bible (Old Testament) and the Christian Bible (New Testament) and it's organized by the University of Nottingham. I was also interested in a course about Japanese washi paper used in old books. But I can only cope with one course at a time. If you have never done a Future Learn course, check it out. The courses are free (although you don't get a qualification if you choose the free option).
In the evening I got a phone call from a courier that they were delivering  a large item. Yoohoo! It was my dishwasher! I had ordered one last week and I hadn't expected it so soon. There is no place for it in the kitchen, so we put it in the cave kitchen next door. That is not far to walk with the dishes. And I would only use it when we've had people over for a meal and I had mountains of dishes. 

When we were in Granada on the 3rd, we spent a bit of money . My mum had given us some Christmas money and because the microwave had blown up just before Christmas, we bought another one. It's an all singing and dancing one that has convection, grill and microwave. It got delivered on Wednesday. We also unpacked the new dishwasher. I haven't used it yet as I don't understand the instructions. I need to use Bluetooth (?). I have to find a manual in English. Hubby will install it tomorrow.
Thursday is a day I usually keep free and I try to spend the day in my craft room. There is a wood burner stove and a large window for much light. This Thursday I played Classic FM on the radio and I had a wonderful time 'playing' with my craft supplies (so-say tidying...) and I did a bit on my jigsaw puzzle and I started a recipe scrapbook. I got as far as the title page. Great fun. So dinner was: potato wedges in the oven and some sausages in the grill, and veg in the steamer. Easy peasy. On Thursdays I don't cook anything complicated.

That was my week. You can see it was not bad at all. In fact I feel very blessed that I have a play room and the supplies to play with. Also I am a lucky girl that we have been able to buy two luxury items like a dishwasher and a fancy microwave oven. And I am healthy enough at my age to be able to enjoy the gym three times a week.  I certainly count my blessings.

That's it from me my friends.
There will be some funnies of course. I think many will be cat related.

Take care all of you,
and Keep Smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca





"Shooters with short barrels and low muzzle velocity, please engage target at close range."









I had imagined the gate Of Heaven to be a tad grander...


9 comments:

  1. Another nice postcard to make your mail box more interesting. You will need a librabry to keep them all in.
    How great to have two new appliances in one week. That lokd like a huge microwave. I hope it does everything it says it will on the box. It fits very nicely in the space.
    Chris bought me our first dishwasher when Ben was a baby and I wouldn't be without it now. I put mine one every alternate night and that seems to work for us.
    It will be interesting to see what they build to replace the flats
    Your online course sounds interesting, and you are doing so well with your Duolingo too, so well done!
    Simon's cat always makes me smile.The cartoons are almost spot on too.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful postcard. Oh, the rose!
    Great what your Hubby does on Sundays (and maybe every day ;-)...)!
    Hi dishwasher. I´m one, also.
    Oh, I dread the day our very old microwave 1980- something) blows up one day...

    Funny. Just asked my Customer (who has 2 cats) if she knows Simon´s cat (sure she did).
    The mouse!!!! LOL
    Talking to myself, haha...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely to have your two new machines in a week. I hope you enjoy using them both. Love the funnies.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow new appliances. Nothing like getting something new. As always, your weeks is full. I do like this card very much. It feels quiet and peaceful. Have a great day today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pleased to see you've had a good week and I'm sure your mum will be pleased you used the Christmas money sensibly nit sure I would have! Gorgeous photograph and stamps as usual, love them. The cat funnies are brilliant. I love Simon's Cat. I had a big smile at the one with the mouse as my hubby's family had a cat that was always bringing mice in for them, I think she thought it was a gift for them. Oh by the way they didn't finally chop the tree right down but just took the top off it. You asked about a website relating to the things we hide in the park. Most of the ones I find and the ones I hide are for the Lincoln Art Ninjas and they have a facebook page which you should be able to find with this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/268498470299478//
    Have a lovely weekend, hugs Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely postcard. I really LIKE the stamps, too.

    Nice week and I only got hungry once. I had fish fingers a few days ago. They were AWFUL. Just shredded fish with a huge amount of coating. Hope yours was better than mine. I even have more if you want them (grin)!

    Two new appliances and both are functional. This is the first place I've owned where I didn't have a dishwasher. No place to put it. BUT, I can't live without a microwave. I have one for food and one for art (in the basement studio). I think Sally has one similar to your new one.

    Hope you have a great week, Lisca.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oops Lisca, you have been very very busy !! How much energy you have, how wonderful!
    Your meals have all may be delicious, Happy belated T-day! Nice to have new dishwasher and microwave. Right now I think that my washing machine is already 12 years old, and I don't know how much longer it will last, because now the appliances don't last very long, but here in Almería the water has a lot of lime, so they last even less. We also enjoy a red sky like yours.
    I wish you the best for 2022, that bring you a lot of health and happiness.
    Sending you big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh you look like you've had a fabulous week, the Herman cake always looks tasty. You'll have to let us know what they build in place of the apartments, very intriguing. Having a cheap supply of combustible materials for your stove is great, in the UK they are moving to make us burn only dried wood not green wood, but we have always bought kiln dried so that is fine.

    Going to the gym sounds fab, we are trying to do more walking but I find it hard on work days due to time.

    Have a fab week xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisca, I got a very thick envelope from you in the mail today. I will open it and share it for T this coming Tuesday. Thank you in advance, dear. I sure hope you see this message.

    ReplyDelete