Thursday 2 December 2021

Second on the 2nd - an old blogpost from 10 December 2014

 Once a month, on the second of the month, we post an old blogpost from some time ago. This one was a post for What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday and it shows what I was doing at the time, and it also features a postcard with a Christmas theme.

Here goes:

Hi peeps!

This is my terrible mess! You have been warned! So you can still turn round and walk away.....

Alright, if you insist, here we go:

I have no project on the go at the moment. I’ve finished my embroidery (cross stitch on my linen hand towel), but that’s not what you want to see I guess.

Last week we spent the week in Valencia. We felt we needed a little holiday. (Have a look at the photos at my previous blog). The city map is still on my desk and I think I might use it for scrapbooking at some stage.
My first Christmas card has arrived and takes proud place on my desk (top left). Further to the right past the punches is a postcard with an image of a medieval lady. It was sent to me from Russia through Postcrossing.com.

In front of the card are two rosettes, which I made for my latest scrapbook layout. I made three and only used one in the end.

The green/black/white thing in the foreground is my laptop, on top of which lies a dark green gadget. This is an ‘e.dentifier’ which I need for online banking. I have become a grandma of a little grandson in Italy and I’m going to send him some money.

The two plastic bags on top of the laptop are a lovely surprise. They contain gorgeous charms and were sent to me (all the way from Australia) because I was voted ‘Star Witness’ at CSI Color, Stories and Inspiration. They came in these sweet little bags. I was really chuffed! (Is that a terribly British word? OK: it means ‘very pleased’)

That’s it for today. I’ll try to visit as many of your desks as I can over the course of the week (Yes, I like to take my time)

Have a great week!

Happy Second of the 2nd,
Hugs,
Lisca

5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a wonderful look back, Lisca. I really enjoyed this. I had never heard of an e.dentifier before, but I guess it was the smart way to send money back then. Now I bet they have an app for that!

That's a beautiful postcard. I love the medieval postcard. I really LOVE that era. I also like your rosettes. They must have taken forever to make. Nicely done on the scrapbook page, too. BTW, those charms are out of this world. I love them. I'd have turned them into brooches.

Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful second look on the 2nd, Lisca, even though it was a first look for me!

My name is Erika. said...

This is a fun look back Lisca. The metal charms really caught my eye, as did your cross stitch. It is beautiful. I haven't crossed stitched in years. I hope December is going well for you. Happy day #2. Hugs-Erika

Empire of the Cat said...

The cross stitch is beautiful, I used to do a lot but not so much now. Lots to see on your desk back then! Happy second on the second Elle/EOTC xx

Iris Flavia said...

The phone!!!! I still have one like that!
My smartphone goes online against my will as the contract is so old you could not say no to that - back in 2000 no one thought of what you can do with a phone these days. Hence I have one that cannot go online - just like yours in the pic.
My monthly bill is usually around €0,38 :-)

Annie said...

Not your usual Friday post Lisca but I did enjoy looking back. Hope all is well my friends.
Hugs,
Annie x