Friday 24 December 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 24 December 2021 - Friday (Christmas) Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies, 

Here we are on Christmas Eve. This year has really flown by. My postcard today of course has a Christmas theme. A rather strange one, especially for me. For me it is about Josef and Mary and the baby Jesus, who was born to be our Saviour. This card shows a group of angels , with a baby angel on a deer. Very strange, but quite pretty I thought.
The card was sent to me by Claudia in Germany.
The stamps are lovely especially the one on the right:

Siegfried fights against the dragon

The Nibelungen saga is one of the best-known German heroic legends. To this day, their material is widely used in Germanic and Scandinavian countries. Over many centuries, it has been handed down in numerous different versions, first in oral form and later in written form. An outstanding example of European heroic epic is the Nibelungenlied (around 1200, author unknown), whose three most important and complete manuscripts were included in the list of UNESCO Memory of the World in 2009.

We have had a rather turbulent week. You'll understand why as you read on. On Thursday we go to a small Bible study group at somebody's house. This last Thursday we did a social, where we all brought something nice. I made these mincemeat swirls.
Hubby had brought his guitar and we sang Christmas carols. (In English, that was a laugh because only two people actually speak English).
I spent Friday at home planning Christmas meals etc and nothing much happened.
On Saturday we went to a Birthday party. We saw lots of friends we hadn't seen in a while and it was a wonderful evening.

Sunday was another day in. Neither of us felt like we wanted to go to church, so we watched the online service of our Bristol church.
This is the puny little wreath on my door. I have ordered a bigger one from the florist.
Tuesday this wreath was ready and what a beauty it is. I don't know what the doll has got to do with Christmas. I asked for 'a touch of red'. But I like it and I think it's fun.
I managed to get fresh dates! And I made meringue cookies for the first time. They are delicious.
Hubby has been working on the bathroom in the cavehouse next door. And he installed the toilet today. He sat down in his recliner for a nap (as he sometimes does after work) and woke up shaking. He said he didn't feel well and went to bed. When I looked in on him he was very hot and had 39 degrees fever! And a headache and nausea. One of my friends' husband has covid (we have had no contact with them) and he has the same symptoms. Oh dear. 
The next morning his fever had gone down a bit but he still could hardly get out of bed, so I tried to get to speak with the doctor, but he had been called out, so I arranged a telephone consultation for Thursday morning. Hubby's fever of course came back. I went to the pharmacy but the Rapid Flow Tests had all been sold out. My visit to the post office was more successful as a little parcel had arrived from the UK. One of our daughters in law has sent us something. I told them not to send anything as now the UK is outside the EU, we have to pay so much import tax, that it's not worth it.


On Thursday hubby was able to get out of bed for a little while after two days of high fever. He has also eaten something. Hopefully he's on the mend, but I don't know how long this is supposed to last. We are now self-isolating so all the Christmas plans we had made are out of the window. Because I have been fully vaccinated, I am allowed to go out (with a mask), so I have been to the chemist to get the doc's prescription, but still no tests. The doctor says we must assume he is positive and act accordingly.

Now it is Thursday evening. Hubby is already fast asleep (mercifully) and after adding some funnies, I will post this at midnight. 


Wishing all my blog friends a very happy, peaceful and above all healthy Christmas!
Hugs,
Lisca
































6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I guess we didn't get the word about Annie not posting a Friday Smiles this week, but I was glad to see you had posted. Your postcard is truly a perfect one for this week, Lisca. All those angels are wonderful to see. The dragon stamp is beautiful, too.

I am SO sorry to read about Graham, but for some reason, I am not surprised. I see all the places you go and the people you two interact with who aren't wearing a mask. I hope it's NOT Covid, but it's truly wise to isolate. Between events you attended on the 16th and 18th, I worry that YOU don't have the same symptoms.

Please stay safe, and get Graham to the hospital if his condition worsens.

The funnies are clever. I really enjoyed the Christmas tree. I also enjoyed the angel on the tree. That angel sounded very British!

Have a safe, healthy Christmas, Lisca, and take care of Graham so he is healthy in the new year, dear.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, looks like Annie's busy today but thought I would pop over to wish you a very Happy Christmas. Loving the funnies and pleased to see you've had a good week too certainly more interesting than mine so we're hoping things might improve next year. Take care. Hugs, Angela xXx

LA Paylor said...

Oh Lisca... how awful. Here's hoping you can stay healthy. I thought when everyone got the vax we'd be safe but for the first time in my life, the vax only keeps you alive not well. Hoping your lovely family can withstand this and Graham recovers quickly with no lasting effects

Luiz Gomes said...

Good afternoon and happy holidays. New friends and bloggers will be welcome in 2022, I'm Brazilian from the city of Rio de Janeiro. I would like to invite you to meet my Blogger.

DVArtist said...

A truly wonderful post. I hope you and Graham had a lovely Christmas.

Virginia said...

Oh I'm having a lovely on line catch up this afternoon so came to have a read, I truly hope Graham is feeling somewhat better, we've managed to scrape through Christmas without the dreaded Covid, but my sister has been in close contact with someone recently and wasn't aware when we saw her, so we are doing a sitting and waiting game, thankfully we have some lateral flow tests and me and hubby have done one today and we are fine.

I hope despite this that you still managed to have a good Christmas, sending biggest hugs.

Virginia