Friday 17 December 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 17 December 2021 - Friday Smiles

 It's nearly Christmas! For some people the stress levels are up, but we take it all very calmly. We have a few get-togethers planned and here in Spain Christmas is not such a big deal anyway. 

And so I have a lot to smile about.

First off is a postcard from Russia:

It was sent by Victoria, who lives in Moscow. She is wishing me a happy New Year. (I think they celebrate New Year more than Christmas).
The stamps are the usual Russian stamps, but I find them quite pretty.


I am receiving many Christmas postcards and also Christmas cards from family and friends. I know the English have what seems hundreds, but I have already got  a table full of cards. There are birthday cards for my husband (He was 75 on Tuesday) and Christmas cards. I feel very blessed.



What have I been up to this week? Here are my collages:
Last week I had been feeling under the weather and I had such fatigue that I got worried that I might have caught this new Omicron variant. Silly really because there were no positive Covid cases in our area, but I got worried and I bought a lateral flow test, which fortunately was negative. 

Saturday I felt more energetic and I did lots of washing machine loads. I think I did four. The weather was warm and sunny, with a breeze, so my washing dried in an hour. 
I had collected quite a few postcards yesterday from the post office and I spent time registering them and thanking the senders.
I have started another virtual walk. This time I'm doing an urban walk. I'm walking through Seattle. (walking4fun.com) It's free and all I need to do is input my steps each evening and I get photos of every 100 or so meters I have walked. It's fun.
I'm reading The Last Reunion. So far I like it a lot. I saw it on Lynn Holland's table and I knew I had it, so I decided to read it too.

Sunday is the day I spray and water all my house plants and cacti. I have a lot of cacti and I spray them once a week and give them a drop of water. They seem to like that regime.
I made another Herman cake. This time I made a poke cake, where I poke holes in the cake and squirt patisserie cream into the holes. Very yummy! 

Our chickens are maturing and are laying more and more eggs. We now get two eggs a day from different chickens (we have five). We still don't know who lays what as we don't watch them lay, but we have white ones, long ones, and large double yolkers regularly. They seem happy chickens. And we are happy with their eggs.

Tuesday was hubby's 75th birthday. I had asked him what he wanted to eat and he said fish & chips! Of course we don't have that here, but on the coast, where there are more English people, one can find fish & chips places. We know one in Albox (not on the coast but still more than an hour's drive from here), so we arranged to go there. For breakfast we only had a grapefruit as we would be eating a large meal at 2 pm. The weather was lovely and we had a great time with our friends in the glorious sun.

My best friend has her Down syndrome sister living with her. She is called Lali and she was getting very upset about me having to go home again, so I grabbed her and said: lets take a selfie! She loves having her photo taken so that distracted her and defused the situation. Love her!
I want to show you the poem that my friend Kim wrote (for the non-Spanish speakers: 'sin' means 'without'.):

As per usual, I will add some funnies at the end.
For now I wish everyone a great week. Don't get too stressed. We'll 'meet' again on Christmas Eve.
Hugs,
Lisca










At Last a plumber who works around the clock!










8 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to Graham. SO glad he got his fish and chips for his birthday. They look good, too. That was some dessert Graham got, too. Of course, now I'm hungry and I just finished eating.

    That was a really cute postcard. I also think those stamps are amazing. I have ONE and am saving it for something special.

    Your funnies are great. Not sure I got the one about the turkey, though. However, and this is the truth, while at Sam's today, I saw fresh water lobster $629.00 (USD). I had left my camera in the car, or I would have taken a picture of it. Have a great rest of Friday and the weekend, too, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were "negative" and yay for pancakes > on the list!
    walking4fun.com sounds like a good alternative, thank you.
    Great with the eggs, too. Happy belated Birthday! And the food! Fish and chips and the fricassee! The latter was always served on school-"holidays", ewww, always so icky, but our butcher here makes the best and I love it!

    Sweet poem.

    No mask in the house, I love eating too much! That Santa pic made me laugh!
    Walkers Brussels Sprouts?! If that´s for real please send me one!!! Two, three.... I just made Brokkoli cookies and they came out SO GREAT!

    TITS. LOL. Me, at the butcher... COVID on the speaker stops and I yell, expecting a "thank you" ... that... well... into the silence...
    Around the clock!! And Winnie - very clever!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated birthday to Graham. Looks like he had a good time. I love the birthday poem. The funnies are brilliant...they had us both chuckling.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got to be quick today as I have to go out again. Loving the postcard and the stamps! Happy belated birthday to Graham too. The funnies are smile worthy as ever. Have a lovely weekend. hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. First a belated Happy Birthday to Graham. I am glad you found something nice to do to celebrate. Kim's poem is wonderful. Spot on!
    The chickens are doing well. How lovely to have fresh egs for breakfast.
    We have quite a few cases of the new variant around here so we are being cautious about where we go. But it is always a quiet time for us. I hope the situation improves so the palns for Three Kings can go ahead. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think my comment went away... your posts make dh and I laugh out loud and we thank you... Leeanna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy birthdaybto Graham, I hope you had a fabulous day, fish and chips sounds like a fantastic idea. I love the poem your friend did and also love the selfie and how it diffused the situation.the poke cake sounds lush too. Hope you have a lovely Sunday and week ahead xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is simply a lovely post. Happy Birthday to Graham. I love the selfie with Lali. I have to look up Poke bread, it looks so good. Also, we can not be too careful these days. We don't have any home tests in our town so I would have to get an order to get tested. Glad you are Negative. Have a lovely day today.

    ReplyDelete