Tuesday 28 December 2021

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 28 December 2021 - T for

 Good morning lovely ladies,

Have you all survived Christmas? Was it good? I hope so. In some families Christmas can be trying and of course if you celebrate on your own, it's not fun either. Our Christmas was very subdued as hubby was ill, but he was at the stage where he could be up for a few hours a day, so it was quiet but fine.

My postcard for today comes from Russia. The words translate: Happy New Year. It features Santa on his way home I assume, with one of his elfs holding a Russian flag.


The stamps are the usual (pretty) Russian stamps. The sender is Aleksandra who lives in Krasnodar and she wishes us a happy New Year. New Year seems to be celebrated more in Russia than Christmas.

Wikipedia writes:
Krasnodar, formerly Yekaterinodar (until 1920), is the largest city and the administrative centre of Krasnodar KraiRussia. The city stands on the Kuban River in southern Russia, with a population of 932,629 residents, and up to 1 million residents in the urban agglomeration.
I looked it up on the map and it is east of the Crimea.

Quite a big city.(Another million inhabitants' city I had never heard of...)

So, what have we been up to? Those of you who have read my Friday blog know that hubby fell ill with the new Omicron variant just before Christmas. He suddenly got very high fever and had to go to bed. He was in bed with fever for three days, feeling sweaty, awful and nauseous. It went as soon as it came and apart from having lost nearly 4 kg in weight, he is now back to normal.
We had to self isolate and I celebrated Christmas eve on my own. I had cheese and biscuits and poured myself a glass of wine:

I also busied myself wrapping things we had bought so we would have some presents under the tree.
I had some fun with double sided wrapping paper.


 The little  brown box on the right had arrived in the post. It had come from one of our children:
In it was a beautiful ornament with all the grandchildren's names. 

Christmas day was the first day hubby was out of bed and I let him open the largest present,

which was a new electric razor. He was looking rather rough after three days in bed.
After a shave he went back to bed. 

Christmas dinner was a piece of turkey breast I had in the freezer, which I cut in half and put stuffing in. 
I also cooked roast potatoes in the oven with the turkey and hubby insisted he wanted sprouts(!)

I put out two plates but hubby didn't eat much of course. He went back to bed after dinner.
You can hardly see the sprouts. They are towards the top of the picture in a small dish with some carrots. (I did eat a couple)

Our chickens are laying well and are giving us really large eggs. We get eggs that weigh much more than the store bought XL eggs. American XL eggs (according to the internet) weigh 2.25oz (which is 64 grams). English XL eggs are 72 grams and above. 
This one was exceptional, but still....
I don't think I've ever introduced you to our cat. Her name is Scallywag and she lives on the top terrace which has a 'shed' she has access to:
We've had her from a very young age and we have had her neutered. She is still basically a ferile cat and won't let us touch her. In fact she doesn't come near us, so when she suddenly appeared in the patio, I quickly snapped a photo of her, then she turned around and ran away. 
I think her colouring is called 'calico'.

That is it from me. Not much is happening as we are still self-isolating just in case. The doctor phoned this morning and I forgot to ask him how many days we have to stay isolated. I think a week after the last symptoms have gone should be ok.

Let's go and see what the other ladies of the T-Gang are up to. So off to Elizabeth and Bleubeard who are hosting this gathering at Altered Book Lover.


Wishing everyone a very happy (and healthy) New Year!
Stay safe,

Hugs,

Lisca









14 comments:

  1. Hi Lisca, so sorry your husband was ill but good that he could stay home to recover and not go to a hospital. It was super quiet here too, my husband is a heart patient and the doctors are changing up his medicine a bit and has him do b/p readings 3 times a day which he is not keen on-he has a virtual doctor meeting in about 3 weeks. no fun being seniors sometimes.
    I love the new years card from Russia
    Happy T and Happy New Year to the both of you-oh and I love the grandkids ornament hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear your husband caught Omicron Lisca. But the good news is that he is recovering and back up on his feet. It doesn't sound like a fun holiday for you, but I am sure with your husband sick you didn't feel too much like celebrating other than what you did anyhow. That is a beautiful postcard you shared today and I am with you. I don't know this big city at all either. I hope you have a happier New Years Day now that your husband is back up on his feet, and of course a Happy T day too. Take care of yourself also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy T-day, Lisca. I hate your husband was sick for Christmas. Glad he is back to normal now and sure hope you don't get it Your stuffed chicken nnd your cheese tray look yummy. Great ornament from the kids and interesting post card. Cute kitty. Hope your New Years is special and 2022 is full of blessings. Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear that your husband was so ill with omicron, and I hope his recovery continues in a speedy way. Have a happy new year.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry about your Hubby, scary.
    The Russian Santa has a horse? Something new learned.
    The double sided wrapping paper looks great - tutorial to come?

    Wow, such a beautiful idea with the Grandchildren!

    A razor?! Are you serious?! Well, Ingo got himself one, too, but as a pressie? Uhhh.

    You have Coles? Wow.
    Hmmm, your food looks so yummy!
    And those eggs, wow. Bet they taste very good.
    Hi to the two of you :-)

    Hope all will be good again soon!
    To a better 2022!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Russian postcard is beautiful. I also like those stamps. They are so pretty even if they are common.

    Wow, Graham looks like he lost a LOT of weight. I could see it in his face. I hope he is better now and will soon feel well enough to eat well again.

    I'm with Graham. You can't have Christmas and not have Brussels sprouts. No carrots needed, they are great with butter and a bit of seasoning. At least he was able to eat a bit, which is an improvement.

    Thanks for sharing the postcard, Graham's update, your Christmas dinner, your adorable cat, and your various drinks with us for T this Tuesday, Lisca. Have a joyous, safe, healthy New Year, too, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what a wonderful time to share with us. Your pictures are heartwarming. Wishing you a happy New Year xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Erika's stamp is called "Otters in snow." I found it here, right next to St. Nick:https://store.usps.com/store/results/stamps/_/N-9y93lv?_requestid=1309000

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm glad your husband weathered the Omicron storm and has come out safe on the other side. What a Christmas! Your feast looks delicious, and now I know I want roasted potatoes :)

    What a gorgeous cat. I'm glad she's found a safe place with y'all.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am glad Graham survived the Omicron. I had a big battle with my siblings about getting vax'd. They want to come visit me and I have told them, "no" not until they get vaccinated. They think I am stupid. Hey better stupid than dead. Your Christmas food looks amazing. Have a great New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hola Lisca, I am sohappy your hubby is feeling better now, and is recovering well. We may be carefull always.
    Your Russian postcard is wonderful. And What can I say about your meal, it´s look so delicious! Happy T-day!
    Your little cat is very beautiful, I think she is a carey cat, with 3 colours.
    I also wish you lovely Christmas days, and rest of 2021. And I also wish you all the best for th New Year 2022, hope it will bring all of us, happiness and health.
    Stay safe dear friend,
    Sending big hugs,
    Caty

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so sorry your hubby was ill. But it was good to see he could get up and shave. I love calico-colored cats. I loved your Russian postage stamps. Thanks for sharing your post card. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry your husband was ill, but glad he was able to enjoy a bit of Christmas. Your tree and food all look wonderful. Scallywag is so cute. Calicos are supposed to bring you luck. Happy T Day!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry to hear about your husband having the dreaded virus, I hope he recovers soon. And your cat is very pretty, calico's are lovely cats. We used to have one with a split personality - cuddly one minute, crazy the next lol. Thanks for your comments on my post, I don't have a tv either so watch everything on the computer. Warm Winter Wishes and Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete