Tuesday 9 November 2021

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 9 November 2021 - T for a deli, paella and a boardwalk

 


Hello lovely ladies, how are you all?

I am fine. My husband and I are on the Costa del Sol (Marbella) visiting my sister. So I guess this post is going to be shorter than usual.

I do have a postcard. It came to me from Germany and features a deli in Berlin photographed in the 1920s. Isn’t it wonderful! The proud owners posing in front of a double store front.

I found a colored version of this on the internet:

The stamp is great, it celebrates 500 year Annaberger KÄT The Kät is a yearly fair.



For almost 500 years, the largest Saxon fair of its kind with the richest heritage has drawn hundreds of thousands of visitors to Annaberg-Bucholz in the heart of the Ore Mountains for ten days of festivities. Once the product of a Catholic pilgrimage, KÄT is now the largest fair of its kind in the region. Action, fun, and thrills are absolutely guaranteed for this, the 499th edition. From 21st to 30th June 2019 there is a truly diverse mix of genuinely "hot" carnival rides, a variety of family offerings, and an abundance of culinary treats. KÄT offers great experiences for participants of every age.



The mascot is a camel, (I don’t know why)

If you feel hungry, look away now as I am about to show some food!
First off is a photo of my sister and her hubby, plus my husband on the boardwalk east of Marbella. We went for an evening walk.
On Sunday we went to church where they cooked this lovely  paella.

And this was today’s sunset on the beach ( with a huge gin & tonic).

The G&T is my qualifier for the T-Party, where we join Elizabeth and Bluebeard with a photo of a drink. The last photo has some drinks in it,  so that will have to do for me.
Have a great week!
Happy T-T
Hugs
Lisca








16 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca what a fun post, enjoy time with your sister hugs Happy T Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

You always post the most delicious looking paella. One of these days I will try it. Do you have a favorite recipe you would be willing to share?
Gorgeous sunset. Looks like a lovely place to end the evening with friends.
Loved hearing all about your postcards.
Have fun with your sister.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Linda Kunsman said...

Love that you found a color version of your postcard. Marbella looks like such a pretty place. Paella- yum! And nothing is more beautiful than sunset at the beach... enjoy, and happy T day!

Mae Travels said...

Did color photos already exist in 1920? I thought it was invented later.

Your trip looks very pleasant.

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you enjoy your visit with your sister Lisca. That sunset is gorgeous. How nice to sit on the beach and be able to watch it. And eat all that good food too. Enjoy the rest of your visit and T day also. Hugs-Erika

Iris Flavia said...

I have never heard of Kät!
Your walk sure looks wonderful The ocean, plams, ahhh the life - happy T-Day and hugs.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a lovely postcard you received, Lisca. I think the colorized version you found was great, too. I'm always impressed with your knowledge of postage stamps and how you explained Kat.

Looks like you and your sister and husband are having a wonderful time. That paella looks good, and I'm sure your Gin and Tonic, seemingly a favorite in Europe, was the perfect ending to the day. Thanks for sharing your postcard, your paella, your trip with your sister, and your G & T with us for T this Tuesday.

Valerie-Jael said...

Your vacation by the sea looks, and you received another wonderful postcard, thanks for explaining about the KÄT. Continue to enjoy your holiday! Happy T Day, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

Lisca, Happy T-day!

Love the vacay pictures. Looks fabulous!

Love the postcard and all the info on the fair. Sounds fun!

Hugz!

Empire of the Cat said...

How lovely to watch the sunset over the beach. I love that the fair has been going for 500 years, that is amazing! Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

Jackie McGuinness said...

Gin and tonic in the sunshine would work for me. This will be our second winter staying home.

Divers and Sundry said...

What a lovely place! Those views would have me sitting there over a gin and tonic for _hours_. Happy T Tuesday

Carola Bartz said...

Oh I love the postcard! These were the kind of shops where my mom's family would go to in the 1920s when she was growing up in Berlin. The stamp is lovely as well - fairs in Germany are usually a great experience, and not all of them are like the Oktoberfest. And some cocktail on the beach is always welcome.

DVArtist said...

A lovely post. Wonderful post card. Have a very nice day.

Sharon Madson said...

What fun to walk along a beach! I am so envious, especially since Covid put an end to our cruising. :( Happy T Day!

pearshapedcrafting said...

Oh to be walking in sunshine by the sea. Your paella looks great and a sunset and G and T sounds like a god end to the day. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx