Tuesday 16 November 2021

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 16 November 2021 - T for

 Hello lovely ladies,

Today a short blog as I haven't had time to prepare anything.

The postcard today comes from Russia and features the Palace Bridge in St Petersburg:


I like it because it is made in the fashion of Vincent van Gogh. I mean, it looks like van Gogh painted this. There is no information on the card.
This is what the bridge looks like in real life:

The stamps are the normal everyday stamps from Russia. The may be the everyday stamps, but i think they are quite pretty:

We've been away last week, and this past weekend I went to a conference (without my hubby). It was a women's conference organized by a church on the Costa del Sol. It was wonderful.
 

I went with a friend called Susi and we shared a room at the hotel.

We had a lot of fun and of course I enjoyed eating out every day (Elizabeth, look away now as there is food to come)
The first evening we sat outside. As it was cool, they had these patio heaters. They gave off a red glow, that is why the photo is so strangely coloured.

There was a jacaranda tree outside our hotel. There were still some flowers visible:
Just round the corner was a little park and we found this huge bauble!

I thought that was fun, instead of a Christmas tree.

Here I am eating again!


The dish is pulpa a la gallega (octopus the Galician way). Very nice it was too.
Again we sat outside, but no patio heaters needed as the weather was mild.

But this is the T-Party, hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard, and I have to show you a drink. Well in the above photo you can see my beer with lemon. And in the photo with the red glow, I have a glass of wine in my hand.

And that, my friends, is all you are going to get today! I haven't transferred my photos to my computer yet, so I apologise for that. Short and (hopefully) sweet.

Happy T-Day,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca




14 comments:

  1. Hi Lisca, so glad you got away for a bit and with a friend-sounds like allot of fun and dining out too Happy T Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice that you took us to the conference with you. I had octopus once and found it disgusting. So of course, that didn't make me hungry in the least. That was a lovely postcard and I agree it looks like a starry night Van Gogh. Those postage stamps are lovely, even if they are "ordinary."

    Thanks for sharing your trip to the conference and all that food and drink you shared with us, along with your postcard, for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read your question about when you will see me. Sorry, but Bleubeard is the face of our blog and I am just the photographer behind the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful postcard. I love the vintage style of the painting.
    How fun that you were able to get away and go to a conference. Sounds like a great time, especially with all the delicious looking food.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the illustrated postcard print. Yes, like a Van Gogh!
    You look lovely, and how nice to have a special getaway., especially with such yummy meals and drink. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice bridge and weee, you sure look happy :-)
    I agree on the "Christmas-tree"!
    Sweet indeed, have a happy T-Day! Hugs from 4C...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisca, glad you enjoyed your holiday and conference. You really get around! Nice postcard, it really is in van Gogh's style! Short comment, sorry, my fingers are playing up! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Lisca, looks like fun and good food too, Our weather is still warm although we haven't been out in the evening to eat for a couple of weeks.
    Happy T Day
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your conference really looks like a lot of fun, with good food and friendship.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. The use of patio heaters to extend the eating outside season is brilliant! That huge ornament does make a great seasonal decoration, doesn't it :) Happy T Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. How fun to go to a conference with a friend. And no cooking! The giant Christmas ornament is so unique. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like you are having fun. That is a lovely card too. Great idea on the patio heaters.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely card. Looks as though you had a good time at the conference. Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes the waves and the lights look very much like Starry Night don't they. Glad you enjoyed your conference. Happy T day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete