Tuesday 23 November 2021

A Postcard A day - Tuesday 23 November 2021 - T for seafood, anniversary and rainbows

 Hello my lovely ladies,

How are you all? 

I have another postcard for you. This one comes from China:

It reads:" A Bite From China - Greetings from a country with delicacies"
I can see seafood, parsley and lots of chilli peppers.

The stamps are spectacular!

The one on the left is from a series from 2017 of children playing. Here is a better picture:
The one in the middle is from a series of the Cantonese Opera:
Here is a bigger image:
The stamp on the right is clearly from the 2011 Expo in Xian. 


This is what the International Horticultural Expo looked like in 2011:
The design looks very spectacular, and it looks like a visitor should be able to walk without problems as the place looks enormous.
I think I read somewhere that the building sticking out into the water, are laboratories.
Here they are from the other side.

 Look at all those people!

Now for something different. Hubby and I are celebrating our 29th wedding anniversary! I'm writing this on the Monday the 22nd and we have just had a drink. But did I take a picture? No!
We had alcohol free gin and tonics. I can show you the bottle (but we've finished our drinks )
I found some photo from our wedding day back then. This is me I pinning the flower on my sister's jacket:

And here are the happy bride and groom.
I married in a turquoise outfit. I thought it was beautiful back then, and looking at it, I still do. 

I'm trying not to put too much food on my blog as many of you get very hungry looking at all the meals. But this is yesterday's lunch. Good ol' Full English Breakfast! Bacon and eggs on toast with tomatoes and baked beans. We normally leave out the sausages.

Hubby cooked it for me. He's very good at doing this type of thing.

He's a good man! He's a keeper! Here he is with the Anniversary card from his sister.

We've had three days of rain, that is very unusual in our arid climate. So people are rejoicing!
This meant we had 12 litres/sq meter in the preceding 24 hours.

When we went shopping this afternoon it had stopped raining where we were, but obviously somewhere else it was still raining and a beautiful rainbow was visible all the way to the store.


I have a Christmas cactus that nearly died. But it is now in a place it likes, and it has picked up. Yesterday I spotted a bud!

I found this on the internet:

And mine is this shape:


So it must be a Thanksgiving cactus!

This is all from me today. I will be joining the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard. My qualifiers are the gin bottles and the wine with our lunch.


Happy T-Day to all,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca












15 comments:

Sharon Madson said...

Happy Anniversary! I love the turquoise suit, for then and now! Love the grass greener funny. Oh, and love that children's stamp, too.
Happy T Day!

Linda Kunsman said...

Love the opera stamp especially. What a very modern looking expo and building! And, happy anniversary to you both!!! You look so chic in that beautiful blue ensemble. Thanks for sharing, and happy T day!

Mae Travels said...

Happy Anniversary!

best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, Loved seeing those stamps and history really beautiful. Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing the photos-wonderful memories and the meme is perfect.
Happy T hugs Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

My cactus is a Thanksgiving cactus as well but was labeled a "Christmas cactus" when I purchased it. I have had it for several years and I can't seem to get it to bloom again. I have repotted it but for some reason it is unhappy.
Loved seeing the beautiful pictures of your wedding day. I too LOVE the turquoise suit. You looked lovely and happy. I love that you have been married for 29 years! Happy Anniversary.
The breakfast looks delicious.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

My name is Erika. said...

I need to check my 2 cactus to see which they are. I do believe one is an Easter Cactus, but I am not sure about the other. Thanks for sharing that info card. I love seeing your wedding photo. You look so happy, and the turquoise looks wonderful on you. Your outfit has that doesn't go out of style look. It is very classy Lisca. And that is one big English breakfast. But yummy. Good thing I am not hungry and I read this after dinner. Smile. I hope you have a wonderful T day and week ahead. And maybe even a little more rain. Hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I looked closely at that postcard, and the greenery looks more like cilantro to me than parsley. The stamps are lovely, too. I especially like the children playing.

Happy anniversary. 29 years is commendable. You look so happy and lovely in your wedding dress. It's beautiful and a classic design, too.

I want that breakfast. It looks like something I would eat. Your eggs look like how I like mine, too.

Congrats on drinking all the alcohol free spirits. That would be my kind of drink, too. Somehow, I have never cared for alcohol. Caffeine in the form of coffee is my drug of choice.

Thanks for sharing your postcard and stamps, your wedding photos, your anniversary breakfast, and the remains of your alcohol free drinks with us for T this Tuesday.

Iris Flavia said...

Nice stamps and wow on the expo!!!
They sure are advanced - I remember the expo 2000 in Hanover... booooring. Yet, funny, China´s train technology comes from Braunschweig, I learned yesterday! At least partly, but wow, huh.


Happy, happy belated anniversary!
Cute pic, oh, you look happy :-)
Love the color - and your very happy smiles!
Yay for cooking Hubbies and caring siblings! And a new bud on top of a rainbow, so many good signs.
Good last advice, have a happy T-Day! Hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Happy, happy, happy Anniversary, loved the wedding photos, you both looked so beautiful, and you still are! Great postcard and stamps from Chine. And full English breakfast, yummy. I had that recently at a restaurant here for my lunch. Have a great day, take care, Valerie

nwilliams6 said...

Happy anniversary - thanks for sharing the pictures from your wedding (pretty outfit) and your sweet husband - definitely a keeper. So glad you have had a very happy marriage. Wonderful looking food, cactus, postcards, and stamps. Love those inspiring words too. Happy T-day, Lisca.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy Anniversary! That's a beautiful outfit. I especially love the hat :)

Happy T Tuesday!

DVArtist said...

A lovely card and yes the stamps are fabulous. Happy anniversary. 29 years and you two always look so happy. Wonderful photos of the big day. Happy day to you.

Carola Bartz said...

That is such a pretty outfit you were wearing for your wedding - I like it! I wasn't wearing the traditional white for our wedding either. The stamps on the postcard from China are truly beautiful and the architecture and design of the expo is stunning.

CJ Kennedy said...

Happy Anniversary! 💐🥂 Such a beautiful bride and handsome groom. Your wedding suit is so pretty. I really love that color and it suits you so well. Happy T Day

Spyder said...

Hope you had a fab anniversay! Fabulous pictures. Sorry I'm soooo late! And looking at one of your other posts...my hubby is the same, he has more shirts/tops than me too. Stay Safe, keep crafting! Happy very Late T-Day! ((Lyn))