Friday 19 November 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 19 November 2021 - Friday Smiles

 

Hello lovely ladies! Have you all had a good week? Lots to smile about? If you've had a difficult week, actively look for the silver lining behind the dark cloud, because there always is one.

I received a nice card a couple of months ago from a postcrosser in Germany who had been on holiday in Greece. He sent me this card. Here in Spain the weather has turned and it's cold and miserable. So I love to look at the sea and the sun and the beach. 

Zakynthos is a Greek island in the Ionian Sea and a well-known summer resort. The harbor city of Zakynthos is the capital and major hub, centered around waterfront Solomos Square. Popular beaches like Agios Nikolaos, Alykanas and Tsilivi offer swimming and water sports. 

Accessed by boat, Navagio beach is the site of a famed 1980 shipwreck resting in a sandy cove framed by cliffs. Here is a photo of the shipwreck from the internet:
The stamp is German (he sent the card after he came back from his holidays). It features an underground station in Hamburg.

The image shows two escalators that connect the top floor and through the window in the middle one can see the railway tracks and the platform.
Here is a photo from the internet:

I've had a very nice week. It started by me going to Fuengirola (a resort on the Costa del Sol) for a women's conference organized by a local church.
I went with my friend Susi who lives in Granada. We had organized a so-called Blabla-car. That is a sort of car sharing thing on the internet. We'd done it before and it has always been okay. This time it was a young girl with very little driving experience in a car that should have been condemned! It took us four hours (normally three and a half) and it was an awful experience.
On the other hand, the hotel was very nice, very cheap and very near the conference venue (in the same street).

I greatly enjoyed the conference. The music was great, the preaching profound and we really had a blast. During the break we went out for lunch (I had octopus) and in the evening, after the conference we had a late dinner. 
Sunday was our day of traveling back. No more Blablacars! We just got on the bus. We got a direct bus  at 9 a.m to Granada, where I said goodbye to my friend. Then I had to wait an hour an a half for a bus to Baza. Then my husband picked me up from Baza. I got home at 4:30.

On Monday we went to see the doctor to see if he can find out if hubby is on the list for the operation. We hadn't heard from the surgeon and we don't know quite how this all works here. He (our family doctor) is chasing it up).

On Tuesday I made some cards for my cousins as my auntie has died. She died very peacefully of old age (she was 97).
I also made a cauliflower cheese, and it turned out the best cauliflower cheese I have ever made! It was a recipe from Recipe Tin Eats.

My sister is staying with my mum for a few days and it was nice that we could Facetime every day. The weather was still nice so on Wednesday we ate outside with our friends. (I help them with their Spanish and Andy teaches my husband how to get the best out of his Macbook). Anyway we generally have a good time together.

I haven't done the Thursday collage, but you will get to see it next week.
I have some funnies as per usual at the end.

Have a great weekend, keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca



















8 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Sounds like a Blabla-horror-trip! But also like it was worth it!
The Cauliflower went into my fav-folder, thank you - sounds yummy!
Great "deal" with your neighbors, too.


Poor Max ;-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

That's a lovely postcard. I can see why you would enjoy seeing it if it is cold where you are. The stamp is quite unique, too.

I'd never heard of a BlaBlaCar until I checked it out on the internet. I guess it is quite popular in Europe, but I doubt it will ever make much headway in the states, since Uber is so popular here and most families have more than one vehicle (We are, much to my chagrin, a country of excess!). I'm glad the late arrival didn't spoil your good time at the conference, though.

I had to laugh at your electric grinders. Sorry, I found that funny you needed electric ones. I've even given up my electric can opener for a manual one, and I still have ordinary grinders for salt and pepper.

Your funnies were quite good. I really laughed at some of them. I feel sorry for Max, though (grin). Have a super weekend, dear Lisca.

mamapez5 said...

Ah; Happy memories of a lovely holiday in Zakynthos many years ago. It wasn't so touristy back then.
They have been trimming all the trees and hedges in the village here too. They do it so well.
I am glad you enjoyed the conference. I have never heard of Blablacars, but I think I will steer clear of them anyway.
It is decidedly cool and wet here this week so I am hping the sun shows its face again soon. I don't mind it being cold if the sky is blue.
I hope they sort Graham out with a date soon. Kate x

Annie said...

It looks like you’ve had another lovely week with friends. Love your funnies too. Really hope your darling hubby hears news about his surgery soon.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Gorgeous stamp and another busy week. Loving the funnies too. Hope you get news about the surgery soon. Have a great weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

DVArtist said...

You keep so busy. I always have you both in my prayers.

LA Paylor said...

Your sister looks so like you... I hope things work out well for your husband's surgery. Your food pics are making me drool. Laughed at your jokes, less at the man on the bed wanting a treat! Your weeks are so full... all that and a retreat

Celtic house said...

I am stupidly late to reading, but the weekend ran away with itself Your visit to Fuengirolo sounds fantastic, although the car journey there not so much, I'm glad you got the bus back it sounded much safer.

I'm also glad you've got your doctor on the case for your hubby, hopefully you will find out what is what soon and then make some progress.

I love the photo of your Mum and sister, it must have been lovely to catch up together.

I hope your weekend was lovely and that you are having a good week so far.

Much love