Friday 19 February 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 19 February 2021 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely ladies, How are you all? Today we gather all the positivenes we can squeeze out of this week and share all our smiles with each other at Annie's A Stitch In Time.
My first smile is always a postcard. I received many this week and I want to show you this one because it made me smile. Not just because it says: Happy new Year!, but also because it is such a lovely lass. It comes from Russia even though the background looks very Dutch.

It also has some fantastic stamps but my scanner is having a funny five minutes and i can't scan them.

So what has been happening here in our sleepy little Spanish village?

 The week has been a difficult one, but the positive of it all is that I am coping on my own and that the weather is gorgeous. I am able to light the fire and get the wood.  (Our wood burner is the only source of heat in our house and in the evening it gets cold). So I'm doing OK.
The highlights of each day are the FaceTime chats with my hubby in hospital. Another highlight was a visit to my friend to bring her the cake that I had made. She wasn't home, but her daughter was there with her baby daughter. What a delight! I was allowed to hold her! (My friend and her daughters are in my 'bubble'). 

I continue to cook nice things for myself. It is so easy to neglect oneself when one's husband is not home. And being Sunday, there were church things going on which is always  lovely.


On Monday I went to the gym, which I love, more chats with hubby and more sunny weather.
The broken glass is no disaster really. We have drums everywhere (Hubby is a drummer) and we have had glass cut to size to cover the larger drums so i can put a cup or glass on it. I knocked over the djembe, a rather large drum, and shattered the glass, which is loose.




I finished my socks! I'm already wearing them! Tuesday is market day, so I ventured out and bought an apron. As we don't have clothes stores where I live, I buy my clothes and even underwear, at the market.
A big smile for me today were the almond blossoms. Spring is coming.

I went to the gym for my aerobics class and a cherry picker entered the gym through the large door! A little bit of excitement on a bad day. We had bad news: Hubby has a tumor in his intestines, so I took a walk out to the plot with my friend to get it out of my system and I watered the little plants, then we sat down and prayed together. It is quite a blessing to have a good friend who prays with you.

Yesterday turned out to be a busy day. I went to the post office to check my postbox and there were three parcels for me. So I had to go home and get in the car to transport it all home. While I had the car out, ( I don't often get the car out) I went to the garage that had fitted the tow bar recently to collect some documents that they had for me. And then I went to the builder's merchant to pay the bill, then back to the village to do the shopping, and home to cook a meal.
Hubby had had a trip in the ambulance to Granada city for a scan. We are now waiting for the results of the biopsies to see what we're dealing with. 
As you can see I bought some bamboo knitting needles. I only got them yesterday and I haven't tried them out yet, but I will soon.


That was it from me today. As always, there are some funnies at the end. Forgive me if you have seen some of them already. I'm not very organized these days.
Have a lovely weekend,
Stay safe and
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca















HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A WOMAN:

Take off clothing and place it in sectioned laundry hamper according to lights and darks. Walk to bathroom wearing long robe. If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas. Look at your womanly physique in the mirror -- make mental note to do more sit-ups/leg-lifts, etc. Get in the shower. Use wash cloth, long loofah, wide loofah and pumice stone. Wash your hair once with cucumber and sage shampoo with 43 added vitamins. Wash your hair again to make sure it's clean. Condition your hair with grapefruit mint conditioner. Wash your face with crushed apricot facial scrub for 10 minutes until red. Wash entire rest of body with ginger nut and jaffa cake body wash. Rinse conditioner off hair. Shave armpits and legs. Rinse off. Turn off shower. Squeegee off all wet surfaces in shower. Spray mold spots with Tilex. Get out of shower. Dry with towel the size of a small country. Wrap hair in super absorbent towel. Return to bedroom wearing long robe and towel on head. If you see husband along the way, cover up any exposed areas.

HOW TO SHOWER LIKE A MAN:

Take off clothes while sitting on the edge of the bed and leave them in a pile. Walk naked to the bathroom. If you see wife along the way, shake tackle at her making the woo-woo sound. Look at your manly physique in the mirror. Admire the size of your wiener and scratch your butt. Get in the shower. Wash your face. Wash your armpits. Blow your nose in your hands and let the water rinse them off. Fart and laugh at how loud it sounds in the shower. Spend majority of time washing privates and surrounding area. Wash your butt, leaving those coarse butt hairs stuck on the soap. Wash your hair. Make a Shampoo Mohawk. Pee. Rinse off and get out of shower. Partially dry off. Fail to notice the water on floor because curtain was hanging out of tub the whole time. Admire wiener size in mirror again. Leave shower curtain open, wet mat on floor, and light and fan on. Return to bedroom with towel around waist. If you pass wife, pull off towel, shake tackle at her and make the woo-woo sound again. Throw wet towel on bed.


7 comments:

  1. Very beautiful postcard!
    Always hard when the Hubby is in hospital. I mostly at least was allowed to visit. I´m feeling with you.
    What is it with the bottle tops? I know another system from Australia for a good cause, actually 3 every time.
    Clothes at the market?!
    Oh, no. That is very bad news. Frightening, all the very best wishes from here!
    To meet a donkey, how cute.
    Saturday Night Fever :-)
    The wipers is a good one, too.
    And I wanted to take a shower, but now... ;-)

    Big hugs all will be well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’ve managed to fit so much into your week while coping alone. I really hope they get Graham’s surgery sorted soon and it all goes well for him. Please send him my love and have a big hug for yourself too.
    Annie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Lisca
    I’m sending a big hug to you and that lovely man of yours. He has the best smile ever. Tell him that daft Lancashire lass send her love and hope he’s up and at em soon.
    When I’m reading your post Lisca it seems so odd as you are able to do so many things we can’t yet here in the UK and yet there things that are the same, like you not being able to visit Graham in the hospital. Strange times indeed.
    It’s good to know that your days are full and you’re eating properly. I’m looking forward to seeing what you do with the needles.
    Lots of love Lynn xxx
    Ps. Wait while you see my post you’ll think my hubby has jumped onto the sound of music cartoon on yours heehee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh hun thinking of you both praying things become a little more straight forward and easier for you this week, I've been thinking and praying for you both. I'm glad you have lovely friends to rely on and glad you've still found the silver linings this week which isn't always easy. Biggest hugs xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Lisca I saw your message on Facebook and wondered how things were going. I do hope the results are good news. I'm amazed at the things you are able to do over there as we are not allowed most of these though things are starting to look up a bit. Stay safe and know we are thinking about you both. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry to read about Graham, Lisca. I hope the results from the biopsies aren't as bad as they COULD be. He certainly looks to be in good spirits, though, so I know you two will get through this.

    Like others, I am amazed you are able to do so many things there that would be considered super-spreaders here. The only thing that seems normal to me is you aren't allowed to visit your husband in the hospital.

    My friend Joseph plays djembe, too (along with steel drums and lots of other drumming instruments). That glass looks thick, so I'm surprised it broke so easily.

    Sorry you have to do so many things Graham has done in the past. I know it is tough, but you will get through this.

    Some of your funnies were great. I loved the Travolta one and of course, who doesn't LOVE Bernie? I had to laugh about the cats. I don't have to share mine (grin). Have a super rest of Friday ad a great weekend, too, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have had quite a week Lisca. I have been thinking of you but hadn't realised how serious it has got. I hope they can operate if necessary and start Graham on the road to recovery. I'll keep you both in my prayers.
    You seem to be getting quite regular mail deliveries. I have posted several items to UK that have yet to arrive. They are taking forever. The folk who voted for Brexit have a lot to answer for.
    I'll be interested to see how you get one with the bamboo needles. I didn't like using them, nor the circular needles, but I know a lot of folk love them. I can no longer knit now anyway, so it doesn't really matter.
    You are doing a grand job keeping the house going on your own. It is good that you have lovely friends nearby.
    I hope you have some more encouraging news by next week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete