Tuesday 30 January 2024

A Postcard A Day Tuesday 30 January 2024 - T for bookshops, donkeys, cats and crocodiles


Hello lovely peeps,
It's time for the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard. Before I show you the drink that qualifies me to join the party, I'd like to show you a postcard I received recently:

It comes from Warsaw in Poland and was sent to me by Dominika. She writes:"I discovered this bookshop last month and found it so lovely!".

I looked on Google Earth and 'walked' down the street (the address was on the back of the card) and found it :

I love book shops and I know that Iris also loves them, so I'm posting this with her in mind. (She might not see this as she is enjoying her Australian holiday).

The stamps were very nice:

The text in the left hand bottom corner translates as: "Diplomatic missions after regaining independence". It depicts the front of the Polish embassy in Ankara and the coat of arms of the Republic of Poland. The stamp was issued on the 28th of February 2022.


Here is a photo of the same building I found on the internet:

There is also a 'First Edition':
So, what has been happening here in Spain? On Tuesday I went for a walk with my friend Antonia, and we visited her daughter Isa in her new house in the country, not far from where we live.
She had a friend from Israel visiting with her four children.

We had a cup of tea and a chat. The house is not quite finished but she has put a few bits of furniture in so it can be used.
And of course we had to say hello to the donkeys (she has three):



On Wednesday my friends Kim and Andy visited (Photos on last Friday's blog).

On Thursday, the mechanic fitted the door to my washing machine which had been out of action since Christmas. Hurray! And we have been having glorious weather, warm and sunny, so I've been doing a lot of laundry.

My friend Dian had to go to take her kitty to the vet to be neutered on Friday. We went to Albox, a town about an hour down the road. We left early so we would be at the vet at 9 a.m.
Then we had coffee, went shopping etc, as you do. We didn't have lunch (although tempted) as Dian had invited me and some other friends, to her house for dinner that night.

 Dian going 'Ta-Da' .
She had cooked a delicious creamy orzo (small pasta shapes that looks like rice) with spinach and mushrooms. Yummy!
My friend Beth had brought her home-made pizza:
I had bought the wine (rosé), and Dian already had a dry Muscatel white wine (in the photo) open, so we drank that one first.
The bottle of wine can be my ticket to the T-Party.

Here is kitty (her name is Alice) looking at her wound:


On Saturday I spent all morning removing all my clothes etc from my dressing room as my friend Tam was going to make a hole in the wall to fit my new wall safe:
It was quite a big job as this part of my house is cave and the rock was very hard. But it's all done now.

On Saturday evening we usually get together with some Spanish people to practice our Spanish. There happened to be a lady from the council and she asked if she could photograph us to mention the group again on the council website:
Well, that was my week.

Happy T-Day to all the lovely ladies who visit. 
Hugs,
Lisca

PS, Anyone want to go to Australia?:























10 comments:

Mae Travels said...

The rice dish and the pizza look simply wonderful! You seem to be having very nice parties and visits with so many friends.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Carola Bartz said...

I love orzo, and the dish looks delicious. You inspired me to try Orzo with spinach and mushroom - I imagine it works together very well. Ah bookshops - I love them. We are very lucky here in my town to still have an independent locally owned bookshop and it's in a great location as well. Happy T day, Lisca! Hugs - Carola

Kokopelli said...

I love orzo! Food looks delicious! And what's not to love about bookshops. Happy Tuesday!

DVArtist said...

What a nice post. That street in Poland looks so inviting. Lots of friends, food and laughter going on in your life. That is so nice. I love the way you ended the post with the crocodile head. Too funny. Have a lovely day today.

CJ Kennedy said...

Hooray for a repaired washer and sunshine and warm weather. Poor little Alice, I hope she's feeling better. The food and wine looks amazing! Happy T Day

Divers and Sundry said...

I want to pet the donkeys :) The food looks delicious! Your language practice group looks like fun. I'm glad you have the use of your washing machine back. Happy T Tuesday

Valerie-Jael said...

The food you had looks very good, I'm just sad that I can't drink any alcoholic drinks these days! A glass of wine with a meal is good. Glad you got your safe fixed and the washing machine door works again. Poor little Kitty, it must hurt, but I know it's important. Happy T Day, Valerie

Iris Flavia said...

Hehe,bookstores all over here (we're in Singapore now).Fun post and LOL on the last one, hugs

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies for being so late for T this week. I scheduled two medical appointments I thought were for tomorrow, but turned out they were for today. Sadly, I've been either waiting or sitting with medical people all day long.

That is a beautiful postcard. I miss our bookstore that went out of business in 2020.

The orzo and pizza look yummy. I'm sure they went well with the wines, too. Thanks for sharing your week with us, including your new safe, for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

Empire of the Cat said...

Bookshop looks good, I also love bookshops. Cute kitty and the donkeys! Food looks tasty too. Funny Aussie postcard lol, probably a bit shark or an even bigger croc haha. Happy T Day! Elle xx