Friday 19 May 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday19 May 2023 - Friday Smiles

 

Hello lovely ladies, Here we are again on a Friday to look back at the smiles of the past week. Yes, there have been many.
But first the postcard:

It's an old fashioned looking postcard with colourful flowers and butterflies. It comes from the South Carolina in the US. The stamp is the standard (but beautiful) orange gerbera.


My week has been good. I usually go to the gym three times a week. Here is part of the group doing stretching exercises.


There's always a lot of sports activities going on in our village and the nearby town of Baza. As you can see on the banner it was European Town of Sports last year.

I've also been reorganising my storage space. I have a walk-in wardrobe in the part of the house that is still a cave. When we were at Ikea not long ago, I bought these cute hooks:

Aren't they fun?

The other day I accompanied my friends Kim and Andy to Granada. We spotted this spectacular tree. (Does anyone know what it is?
Of course I would have to have my photo taken with it:

There are still oranges on the trees around the city:

Once we had done what we had come to do, we went to find a place to eat. The places we would usually go to were closed, we went shopping and then wandered in the opposite direction where we found a bar/restaurant in a residential area which seemed to be popular. Sure enough the food (mainly fish) was excellent!


We ate several plates of fish (sorry, forgot to photograph them) but I did take a picture of these mushrooms in garlic:

Delicious!

Wednesday evening I went to a prayer meeting. Here we are singing worship songs:


Yesterday (Thursday) I went to Baza town to do a list of errands, and then I found that I had left my phone at home, so I didn't have my card/money with me and also some information I needed was stored on my phone, so I could only do two out of seven errands. Oh well.... The rest of the day was taken up with getting the guest room ready as I am expecting guests on Saturday.

That is it from me today. I'm going to link in with Annie at A Stitch In Time, and look at her smiles.
Of course as per usual, I will be putting some funnies at the end.

Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

















7 comments:

DVArtist said...

A very nice post. I love that so much is blooming in your neck of the woods. The card is beautiful. Great looking food too. Have a very nice weekend.

Lisca said...

I’m glad you had such a good time at Jan’s. I’ve not met her in person but I did join in with WOYWW for a few years.
Your flowers are absolutely gorgeous. I suppose our climate here is not suitable for so many flowers
The funnies were…well…funny!.
Have a restful weekend
Hugs,
Lisca

mamapez5 said...

That is a lovely postcard. very pretty.
It sounds as though you had a good trip to Granada, with lovely food thrown in too, even if your trip to baza was not quite so successful. From your photo I would have said the pink tree was a carefully pruned bougainvillea, but I assume you would have ecognised it if it was. It is a lovely colour and so beautiful in full bloom.
I hope you have a good time with you visitors this weekend. Kate x

Annie said...

I have no idea what the bush is but it's stunning and I'm guessing we couldn't grow one here in England. Hope you have a lovely time with your visitors.
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, fear not I can't eat all that butter either but someone must because they always give you so much. Pleased you've had a good week. Now the mushrooms are just the sort of thing I like, scrummy! No idea what the tree is but it looks stunning. Great collection of funnies too. Wishing you a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to be so late visiting. Friday was not a good day in my world. I'm not whining, just explaining that my GOOD hand hurt, as did the rest of my body due, in part to the winds from the wild fires in Canada and in part from overworking at my friend Sally's house on Thursday when I brought in over 200 lbs of cat litter she had ordered from Amazon.

I love that postcard. It is so feminine and romantic. Your mushrooms look delicious.

CJ recommends a site called Plant Net or something like that to tell you what the name of that bush is. Great funnies. Loved the Goddess and the lady at the gas station the best.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The wild fires affected my breathing. I guess I didn't explain it right.