Friday 12 May 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 12 May 2023 - Friday Smiles



 Hello lovely girls,

How are you all? Here I am again counting my blessings and smiles. I've had lots of smiles this week but I've not taken many photos I'm afraid.

But first, let me show you my postcard of today. It comes from faraway Japan:

Of course it is the famous Mt Fuji.  It is the highest volcanic mountain in Japan. It was  added to the list of UNESCO World Heritage Sites in 2013. Elevation is 3776 m or 12,388 ft.
It was sent to me by someone called Rie, who works at the post office in a place called Minamiboso-city.

The stamps are beautiful but the scan is a bit fuzzy. 
Ive not been able to find any info on the stamps strangely enough. So I haven't got a clearer picture for you either. Sorry.

I haven't really got a lot to tell you. 
I spent Saturday in front of the telly, as most of you will have done, and Sunday I went to church  and did some admin.

I went to Granada on Monday with Kim and Andy (for a hospital appointment that was quickly done).It was too early for lunch so we went for a walk. I wrote about this on my Tuesday blog, but here is one photo of me by one of the statues.

It is Empress Eugenia de Montijo who was married to Napoleon III. She was born in Granada.

OnTuesday I received a parcel of something I had ordered. It was my new phone wallet:
Turquoise is my favourite colour.


I am continuing with Hello Fresh, which I love. I do one week on and one week off as it gives me 8 meals. One of the meals was another chicken dish with rice:

Very nice it was too.

Yesterday I went to my knitting group of ladies.One of them had made some treats:
It's a sort of fried bread with cinnamon and sugar. Very yummy. (No calories of course!)

That was my week of smiles.  Now all I need to do is gather some funnies so you can have some more smiles. 

And then link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time for even more smiles!

Have a lovely weekend,
Hugs,
Lisca




It reads: 'We go the extra mile because we missed the last exit.'



T-shirt reads: 'Screw it, you could get hit by a bus tomorrow'














5 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I also enjoyed the coronation. Lots of pomp. I think my grandmother would have enjoyed it more than I, though.

That's a beautiful postcard. I wonder if those are old postage stamps. They look like they were issued years ago.

That cinnamon sugar treat had me laughing. It was good there were lots of napkins, because knitting and cinnamon sugar don't mix very well!

Really loved some of the funnies, including the cast iron brownies, the omelet, and the kale. Have a super Friday and weekend, dear Lisca.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, great to see your week went well. Love the new phone case. As always the stamp is gorgeous, you must have loads by now. I'm going to pop back later to enjoy the funnies as I have to be quick today, we've got a guy coming to do some work in the garden. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs Angela xXx

mamapez5 said...

I guessed the card was from japan as soon as I saw the pergoda. The stamps are very pretty.
Turquoise is right up there with my favourite colours too and your wallet is lovely.
By coincidence I made the fried bread treats for our tea this week, but with an egg beaten into milk to dip the bread before fying it. I used to know this as "Poor knights of Windsor" but these days it is called french toast, which means something very different to me! But when I was little mum would occasionally give us a treat of fried bread covered in brown sugar and I loved it. We were't so bothered about heathy food back then, but it doesn't seem to have done me too much harm.
Lots to make us smile in the funnies but there is a ring of truth to the last one. I know I spend far too much time on my phone. The intenet is great but it has rather taken over our lives.
I hope you have another week of smiles. Kate x

Iris Flavia said...

Turquoise is the tram´s color I am working for - I love that color, too.
Your knitting group looks like a lot of fun.
I´m with Tracey.
Ewww-LOL to the brownies!

kathyinozarks said...

Lots happening during your week. enjoyed the history of the castle, but sad that he died and couldn't live in his castle.
pretty stamps too, I have not seen a white mulberry have had heard of them. here the mulberries grow wild-the regular ones.
good foods and funnies. Happy T hugs