Tuesday 10 January 2023

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 10 January2023 - T for Finland and birthday cake

 Hello lovely girls! How are you all today? 



Oops, I-m late again, but I spent all evening traveling by bus from Marbella to Baza, where I arrived at 2 a.m.! I have been to the Netherlands to spend Christmas and New Year with my elderly mother (98).

I must admit I have not prepared a blog (no time). I haven't had time to transfer my photos to my computer so I will write about something that happened before I went to Holland.  But first let me share some postcards:
The first one is a map of Finland. It was sent to me by Satu. She lives in Hämeenlinna, which is sort of bottom left on the map. There are lots of forests, parks, lakes and golf courses and Satu goes for long walks in the forest with her young Jack Russel dog called Tappi. The card was written at the end of October and Satu writes that she is recovering from Covid and that she had been quite ill.





The stamp is really lovely. I real winter stamp with skates.



The second card is also a map card (I love those and I encourage people to send me one): 

It features the capital Helsinki. On the map of Finland above, you will find Helsinki in the south of the country if you follow the line of the ferry boat in your imagination. It seems to be heading for Helsinki.
The map of Helsinki was sent to me by Stephanie and she mentioned (Knowing that I am interested in lacemaking) that there is a lacemaking festival in a place called Rauma. I will have to look that up. (Sorry have no time now as I'm late as it is).


The stamp is the gorgeous swan that I have seen many times before but it is still one of the most beautiful stamps I've ever seen.


The week before I left for Holland has been fab, surrounded by caring friends, life felt ok.
 On the Sunday I had been invited by our friends for a Sunday lunch (see Tuesday 20th Dec's blog) and on Saturday in the afternoon I went to my friend's granddaughter's 5th birthday party at a cave restaurant. 



Blogger puts my photos in the wrong order, but above you see the little girl's grandad  and auntie playing 'Happy Birthday to you'.

She is a shy daddy's girl. And of course very tired when we finally got to the part of the birthday cake (the sun was setting).

Below is where my friend Antonia and I sat. Inside, as it was getting quite cool once the sun had gone.

You can see it is a cave restaurant as there is no straight wall in sight.

Of course as this is the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard, I need a drink to be able to join. I am drinking a beer as you can see in the above photo.

Below is the cake before it got carried outside:



I will leave you with some Snoopy wisdom:



Wishing everybody a very happy T-Day!

Keep Smiling,

Hugs,

Lisca





















15 comments:

  1. Hi Lisca, you are not late for T at all-hugs-gorgeous stamps on your postcards this time, the birthday party looks nice-beautiful cake too. Loved Snoopy-Happy T hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely post! Happy T Day, Lisca, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A cave party sounds like fun! What a pretty cake.

    best… mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Friends are wonderful, aren't they? I'm glad you have some taking care of you. That party looks fun. And those postcards from Finland are great too. One of my grandfathers came from Finland. The other, and a grandmother came from Sweden. I've been to Sweden once when I still had relatives I knew there. I hope to get to Finland sometime too. Happy T day. Hope you got a good night's sleep. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice you can look up like Snoopy does.
    Great postcards and stamps, too, happy T-Day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. No matter what you always post lovely things. What a nice time everyone had. I am glad you are keeping people around you. Get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a restaurant in a cave. I'm impressed. I'm also impressed with your postcards from Finland. I'm glad to learn you like map postcards, too. I have never seen that swan postage stamp before, but I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it.

    What a fun birthday party. Too bad the birthday girl was tired by the time to open her gifts and blow out the candles on her cake.

    Looks like lots of good food (sweets?) on the table where you had your beer. Thanks for sharing your trip, the postcards, the birthday party, and your beer with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww i'm sorry the little girl was tired before her cake... but maybe that means she had a fabulous time before the cake and it wore her out! :) The thought of those cave houses /restaurants etc... makes me smile and think of Hobbits.. Everything looked YUM! Happy T day Lisca! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those postage stamps are amazing, I love the ice skates and swan 😊. The birthday party looks fab, it looks like everyone had fun. Wishing you a very Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know cave restaurants only from Turkey, and I bet yours are just as nice and fascinating. Your photos from the little girl's birthday party look lovely and how nice that her aunt and granddad played Happy Birthday on their instruments for her. That is something special. I like the two cards you received from Finland - I also find cards with map interesting. I would love to visit Finland one day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun postcards. I've never seen that swan stamp before. It has to be one of the most beautiful stamps I've seen. Looks like a fun time was had by all at the birthday party. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lisca, ooh those stamps are really pretty! I got your comment about the TV, I don't have a TV either, but I watch lots of things on the computer (Netflix, Amazon Prime etc, don't need a TV) Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the map postcards, too. I like the Snoopy wisdom, to always look up. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the stamps and postcards this week, Lisca. I too Love hand drawn maps. They are so pretty and much more interesting to look at than a road map.
    Glad that you were able to spend time with your mother and your friend. Looks like a beautiful party.
    I am a little late this week.
    Happy Belated Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  15. What wonderful postcards and stamps.That's a long journey. The party looks great ! Belated Happy T Day, hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete