Tuesday 2 August 2022

A Postcard A Day and Second on the 2nd - Tuesday 2 August 2022 - T for autumnal scenes and a blast from the past

 Hello lovely ladies,

How are you all? We are in the Algarve (southern Portugal) visiting son nr 2 and his family. They are holidaying in a large villa that belongs to DIL's mum & dad. There is internet in the villa but I am scheduling this just in case.

My postcards for today are two black and white cards with an autumnal theme:

It was sent to me by Jana, who lives in Brno, the second biggest city in the Czech republic. The photographer is Michal Vitásek, a 39 year old Czech photographer.
The stamp is really lovely with a wild cat. I have never seen a wild cat. We have many streetcats here, but I don't think there are wild cats in our natural park. (We have lynx though).



My second card is from Russia

The photographer is Eunice (Yuni) Stahl, who is based in Surprise, Arizona. 
She specializes in wedding and family photos.

The card was sent to me by Olesy, who is 37 years old and lives in Moscow. He tells me he was a dance teacher before Covid ruined everything. His hobby is West Coast Swing Dancing! (In Moscow?).


I had never heard of it but here is a link to a video that shows what it looks like (video is 5 min).

The stamps are spectacular! The berries are lingon berries. Vaccinium vitis-idaea, the lingonberry, partridgeberry, mountain cranberry or cowberry, is a small evergreen shrub in the heath family Ericaceae, that bears edible fruit. It is native to boreal forest and Arctic tundra throughout the Northern Hemisphere, from Europe and Asia to North America.




The stamp on the right is obviously a Russian dish bit I haven't been able to find out what it is.
But I do see a jug of something that looks like stout. That could be my ticket to the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bleubeard.

Today is also the second of the month and Elizabeth and Bleubeard also celebrate this with a blogpost from the past. Well here is one from August 2015 and hopefully it will put a smile on your face.

Happy T-Day, Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

Here is an old blogpost from August 2015:

Good Morning!

This first 'notice' I picked up this week is for all of you who can't resist a nice piece of material. Yes, I mean You!

(Libby WoodlandsQuilting For You)

But I normally show you a postcard... Here is one from my collection of  postcards designed by Inge Look. Even the 'naughty old ladies' are enjoying their holiday. One of them has her bum in a tub of water! 
It was sent to me by Sakari in Finland. He lives in Turku, the oldest city in Finland. He told me he was a retired hospital chaplain. 

He did put a special I Love Postcrossing stamp on  it! How cool is that!
In case you don't know what postcrossing is.... here is the link www.postcrossing.com.

If the above images have not made you smile then the next one will and I'll end on that note.
Have a good weekend everyone and remember: "Every cloud has a silver lining".

God bless,

Lisca


12 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hello Lisca gorgeous stamps! I really love this weeks stamps, Happy second and T Day too-enjoy your time with family hugs Kathy

Kate Yetter said...

Love the postcards and stamps today, Lisca. I have never even heard of West Coast Swing and I wasn't expecting what I saw in the video. It didn't look like "Swing" to me. I had to laugh at the fabric funny. I can definitely relate to a few of those.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Loved all your postcards today. I especially like the Finnish ladies. The Czech photographer must like buildings that are dying. I thought the photo was a bit sad.

As always, I love how you share your postage stamps. They are all so very pretty. And I love that one of them has a drink and possibly a stout.

So glad you are spending time with your family. I know that must make both of you happy.

Thanks for sharing your postcards and stamps with us for T this Tuesday and for sharing another post for your Second look on the 2nd. It is much appreciated.

Sharon Madson said...

Lisca, I love seeing your postcards and stamps. I really like the wild cat stamp as my favorite. Happy T Day!

My name is Erika. said...

I hope you have a wonderful visit to Portugal. I want to visit there one day. And you shared some beautiful postcards today. I especially love the first one with the tree growing over the side of the house. And I must say your 10 good reasons to buy fabric made me smile. I like those and think I might remember them for when my husband tells me I have too much-smile. I hope you have a wonderful T day and start to the new month Lisca. hugs-Erika

My name is Erika. said...

And happy August 2 also Lisca!

Carola Bartz said...

The last picture had me in stitches. I also liked your 10 reasons, would apply to yarn as well (that's mt downfall). The two postcards are fantastic - so different, but so beautiful. Black and white photography can be so wonderful. Enjoy your visit to Algarve!

DVArtist said...

Ohhh that first card is stunning. I would like to try and paint that. May I use the card as a reference? I do like the cat stamp too. Now you have brought back some wonderful memories for me with the West Coast Swing. My dad and I use to dance the Lindy Hop morphed into the swing and the swing morphed into several "swing" steps. Later my youngest brother and I danced competition and swing steps were part of it. Have a very nice day today.

Divers and Sundry said...

I got such a kick out of that stuck truck! lol! Happy T Tuesday

CJ Kennedy said...

Enjoy your visit. The stamps on the postcards are amazing especially the wild cats. I love the two naughty, old ladies. We have a street in Boston with an overpass. There is signage warning of the low height. It's also a one way thoroughfare to no place to turn around. The street is Storrow Drive and when a truck gets stuck like the one in your picture, we say the truck as been Storrowed. Happy T Day

nwilliams6 said...

Sounds like a lovely visit and place to visit, Lisca. Hope you are enjoying yourself and your family. Fun postcards and stamps - especially the naughty ladies! Fun picture of the truck too. Fun post. Happy T-day. Hugz

pearshapedcrafting said...

How lovely to be on holiday with your family. I love all of your postcards AND the stamps! The West Coast Swing video was brilliant - such energy! Loved the logo on that lorry! Sorry to be so late for T, hugs, Chrisx