Tuesday 28 June 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 28 June 2022 - T for stars

 Hello lovely ladies, 

Wow, does that week fly by! It's Monday night already and I have two postcards for you today. (I have such a large pile of cards to get through).

The first card comes to me from the UK, sent by Debs, who lives in Eastbourne and has 4 cats.

The card is entitled: 'A red rose at Saturn's North pole' The info reads: "In 2012, Cassini captured a stunning series of false-color images of Saturn's North pole, using spectral filters sensitive to the near-infrared light. The red areas show low-altitude clouds, while the green areas show clouds higher in the atmosphere."

The stamp is a British Country Definitive stamp. This beautiful new issue for 2021 features an image of an English oak sculpture by David Dathan. The stamp is designed by Sedley Pace and photographed by Chris Ridley.

My second card is called: 'R136 in the Tarantula Nebula'.
The information reads: "This image shows the inner region of the tarantula Nebula, home to the star cluster R136 (The sparkling blue mass near the center). The stars in R136 were formed roughly two million years ago, and their ultraviolet radiation makes the entire system glow."

The stamps are gorgeous but because of the rubber cancellation stamp, they are not that clearly visible. 



The largest is about women's rowing:
These stamps celebrate women’s rowing, a graceful but demanding sport in which American women have excelled, including in the Olympics. The artwork, which covers the entire pane, is a stylized illustration of five eight-person rowing teams competing or practicing. Four stamp designs are featured in a pane of 20 stamps arranged as five staggered rows of four. Nancy Stahl designed and illustrated the stamps and pane. Ethel Kessler was the art director.

Then there is a stamp from the Otters in the Snow series:


The small stamp with the barn is especially for postcards. This particular one features a gambrel-roofed barn in summer. Here is the complete series:

Blogger is not putting my photos in the right order and I haven't got time to manually move them about so I will show them in random order. 
This little friend crawled out of one of my shoes in my closet. I don't kill spiders, so I let him do his thing and the next day he was nowhere to be seen.

This Schulz cartoon was supposed to be last. It's not a funny as it is very true.

We've had visitors from the UK (A friend from work with her husband). We took them to see the badlands in the Geoparque. Here is hubby with the lady from the tourist information, who spoke good English and was very helpful:

On a different day we went to the top of a small mount called Jabalcon. We see it from our window but we had never been on top. My header photo was taken from the top, but not by me. It was taken by a member of the photoclub and I have it as header with his permission.

We drove up in the car. Yes there was a very narrow, windy road. We were so afraid that we would meet another vehicle as there were no passing places. Quite hairy!
There is a lovely view over the reservoir/lake called Negratin. It really is that turquoise colour!

Some guys were setting up their hang gliders. We didn't actually see them fly.





On the last night we had a BBQ on our little patio. Local meat from the butcher and a home made salad. My drink is Tinto de Verano, a red wine with lemonade I think. I buy it already prepared and it is very refreshing in summer and very low in alcohol.

The posh salt and pepper dispensers were a gift from my sister (we would never buy an electric pepper mill ourselves)

Hubby is desperately trying to gain some weight. Of course ice cream is just the ticket!
Often the local restaurants serve dishes to share. This is a charcutier platter. It had delicious paté too. My friend's glass of wine is visible and I think this might be my second beverage for Elizabeth and Bleubeard's T-Party.

I think I'll leave it at this. On Tuesday (T-Day), we will be in Granada all day for hubby's hospital appointments. He is seeing the surgeon and the anesthetist. Hopefully we will get a date for the operation. 
Because of this I won't be doing any visiting until late.

I wish everyone a lovely week and a happy T-Day,

keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca







16 comments:

  1. Ah!! At last! I've clicked this a billion times and I think it might let me comment this time! Sorry I'm a week late! But it wasn't for trying. Great pictures and all that lovely food! Have a great week. I'm house sitting dogs so I probably won't join in this week (...tomorrow!) ps yes I did have fish and the others had lobster, the kiddies had kiddie meals and Emma my daughter had a vegan meal....and the price!!! We could've bought a cheap car!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Postcards from space! What a great choice. Too bad the stamps weren't also from Saturn and the Tarantula Nebula, that would be impressive! I hope your husband's recovery continues.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a wonderful time and yes, Charlie sure is right, too.
    Have a happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Lisca, hoping things well in Granada. Really enjoyed your post great postcards this week-I fell in love with those otters in the snow so bought a couple sheets so I would have them for this coming winter. the different stamps don't always stick around long. I saw the women rowing stamp but haven't picked that one up yet. haven't seen that postcard stamp
    Looks like a good week with good food and drink too Happy T hugs from the lake

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have fantastic postcards this week Lisca. Those images look just like art, don't they? If I was better at physics I would probably have loved to study more astronomy. And it sounds like you had a wonderful time with your friends. Your patio meal looks delicious. And I wish I had the gain weight problem (instead of lose weight problem). Ice cream is the best during warm weather. Have a wonderful T day and rest of June also. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful postcards and stamps again this week. Astronomy is always fascinating. Your food always looks delicious. Hope your hubby eats enough ice to put on weight!ck in Grenada, hope all goes well and hubby gets his date. Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keeping you and hubby in our thoughts Lisca.. Gorgeous PostCards of Space the final frontier.. and beautiful stamps too.. Nice of you too take your friends around to sight see and a barbecue.. Looks like Good Food!! I prescribe icecream every evening for hubby!! Trust me it can put on the pounds... ask me how i know..lol Happy happy T day Lisca! Hugs! deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. A lovely post Lisca. The cards and stamps are very interesting. Wonderful places to see and things to do in your area. You know I always have you and Graham in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the postcards this week. I always love images from the Cosmos. The stamps are great, too.

    So glad you had a nice visit with your friends from the UK. Nice that you could take them places and share great meals with them, too.

    I hope Graham has good news about his surgery and that he has put on enough weight from all the ice cream he is eating.

    Thanks for sharing your week with us and all your wonderful drinks for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a big spider! I leave them be, too, but if I saw one this size I'd move it outside ;) What a beautiful lake! All the food looks delicious. I know that gaining weight can be as hard as losing it. I'm glad ice cream can help. I'll join him and encourage him to another helping ;) Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The nebula postcard is so cool looking, but I really love the postage- especially the otters:). I never kill spiders either but if I really need to help them along a scoop them up on a fly swatter and take them outside.
    Lovely to have friends to visit -what an amazing view of the lake!
    Great food and drink and if I was in Europe I'm sure I couldn't pass on paté or charcuterie;).
    Wishing Graham all the best, and a happy T day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous postcards and postage stamps but I quickly scrolled past the spider - yuk! Your meal looks so delicious and how lovely to visit friends, glad you had a wonderful time 😀. I hope you get a date through soon for your hubby and all goes well! Take care and wishing you a very Happy T Day 😁. Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful postcards and stamps. Ahhh, that spider looks huge!! I don't kill spiders either but I would not stand to have one that size in my house.
    Glad that you were able to visit and dine with friends, The food looks delicious and healthy. I love charcuterie boards. Quite the variety of food and very fun for the children.
    I will be praying for you hubby and his appointments. Take care.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your food looks delicious - I'm getting hungry here! The view from the top of the mountain is fantastic and I can see how it is popular with hang gliders. I hope the day at the hospital goes smoothly and your husband will get an op appointment soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like the English Oak stamp, I haven't seen that one even though I should have lol. Also the otters in snow - how cute - and the seasonal red barns. I don't kill spiders either but I have a hard job protecting them from the cats lol Hope all goes well at the hospital. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am afraid of spiders, especially one that big. I would have at least got him out of my house. EEK! Your food looks delicious. And what great views. It is too bad you didn't get to see the hang glider fly. Happy T Day.

    ReplyDelete