Tuesday 21 June 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 21 June 2022 - T for pizza, precious stones and bees

 Hello lovely ladies, How are you all? I hope you have had a good weekend and are now ready to join the ladies of the T-gang. Elizabeth and Bluebeard are hosting the T-Party and all you have to do is share a beverage with us. I have several to share with you but first let me show you my postcards for today:

This first one comes to me from the Czech republic. Kristina sent me these beautiful stones. There is an amethyst and two agates. They were found in Novopacko, the eastern gate of the Cesky raj geopark. I looked it up and it is in the north of the country.

Kristina is a vet and she has added a sticker of a dog and a round postage stamp.

I found out that 'Postovni urad' means 'post office' and it is a sign from 1919. 

Here is another postcard with precious stones:


These are called Petoskey Stones (Hexagonaria percarinata). Really they aren't precious stones. Petoskey stones were once living coral that existed some 350 million years ago! Over time the coral fossilized and glaciers scattered the stones along Lake Michigan near Petoskey and across Michigan to the Lake Huron shoreline.
Petoskey stones are grey and rough when found, but when polished the beautiful rich coral pattern emerges. Polished Petoskey stones have a smooth surface and are highly prized gifts and jewelry.

The stone visible behind the poinsettia stamp is a polished Petoskey stone.


Here is an image (from Wikipedia) of unpolished Petoskey stones:
And by contrast this is polished stone:

Beautiful isn't it?

Our area has a Geopark too. We actually live in between a national park and the geopark. They have only recently starting advertising these beauties. My blog friend Kate recently saw the geopark advertised on the local buses, and she sent me these photos. 
What you see are badlands and a bit of the lake (a reservoir, that is such a beautiful turquoise color!). It's not far from us and when we have visitors, we always take them to see the lake and the badlands.

Our village is Caniles and it is mentioned on the bus:


We are doing well this week. I still have a stinking cold with a bit of herpes on my lip, but that is now healing. Hubby is feeling okay and has even put on 1.7 kilo in one week! Hurray! 
Mind you this is all due to the lovely ice cream our friends serve in their shop:

We went out to eat pizza with our friends on Saturday. The first time we have been out in a long time.
Hubby doesn't tolerate bread, so he can't eat pizza. But they were happy to make him some ham, egg and chips (which were not on the menu I might add).

Here you can see our drinks. I had a red wine. Our friends drink beer and hubby has a drink called Aquarius, which is one of those electrolyte drinks for sports people. He likes that, so that is ok. Also on the table you can see the remnants of the tapas, which are little snacks served free with every drink.

That is it from me today. Lastly I have something for all you coffee drinkers out there:

And the next one is for Erika:


Well done Morgan! (We like Morgan Freeman, don't we!)

Well lovely people, have a good week and wishing you all
Happy T-Day
Hugs,
Lisca












13 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, you received some cool postcards and stamps this week. and sounds like you had a nice week-those pizzas look really delicious, and so kind of the restaurant to make your husband something he could eat.
I had read about Morgan Freeman and planting for the bees-very good he could do that. Happy T hugs Kathy

Mae Travels said...

It's become rather hard to find Petosky stones on the beaches of Northern Michigan, as people have gathered so many of them. However, unless things have changed recently, you can find lots of them in souvenir shops in that area. Even the unpolished ones show the characteristic pattern when they are wet.

It's the state stone of our state, too. I had quite a few of them at one time, but I have no idea where we put them.

I hope you continue to feel much better.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Two great postcards this week, Lisca. I bet you are getting tired of those poinsettia Forever International stamps we send from the states. You will NOT be getting one of those from me!! I really LOVE the stamp from the Czech Republic.

Those stones are amazing, especially the ones that have been polished.

Glad you and Graham were able to get out this week and so glad to read he has gained a bit of weight. Nice that the restaurant was able to make the food he could eat. They must really LIKE you two.

That funny is a very good reason to stick with coffee. I laughed when I read that. And I was SO glad to read about Morgan Freeman. He is truly a gem, and YES, we love him!

I will try to figure a good way to show my copper colored ceiling up close. You are not the only person who has asked about seeing it up close.

Thanks for sharing your postcards, your pizzas, that bus (so nice of our dear Kate to send that), and your many drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.



Linda Kunsman said...

Fab postcards- beautiful stones. I do love to see the polished ones too.
Happy to see you and Graham out and especially that he put on a bit of weight:). Yummy looking pizza, and I'd definitely have the red wine with you.
Especially love the coffee funny!! Happy T day!

Sharon Madson said...

We are Morgan Freeman fans, and now even more so! That cafe was really kind to fix your husband food that wasn't even on the menu! I hope he is doing well. Happy T Day!

My name is Erika. said...

Nice postcards and interesting about the interesting minerals. I don't think we have any geoparks in my area, I guess the rocks around me are not that interesting-it's mostly granite with mica and some iron. And glad to hear the hubby has put on some weight. Oh ice cream, yummy! It sounds like your had a wonderful week, and I hope you have a great T day and week ahead. Hugs-Erika

Carola Bartz said...

I'm glad that your husband was able to put on some weight, and with the help of ice cream no less! Bravo! I had to laugh about the coffee funny - no green tea for me, thank you very much. That looks like a very interesting geopark near you.

Iris Flavia said...

The Lion on that stamp looks like the Braunschweig-one.
The polished stone is very beautiful. As the bus! Yum to the Pizza. And the special food, how nice.

Oh. Tea person here, LOL.
Morgan Freeman is with a reason one of my favs!
Happy T-Day and hugs

Valerie-Jael said...

Wonderful postcards, and those Petoskey Stones are fantastic. I read about them in a novel I am reading, but didn't know what they looked like, so thanks for showing. But the best news is that your hubby has put on some weight - good for icecream! Happy T Day, have a great week, hugs, Valerie

jinxxxygirl said...

Huge fan of Morgan Freeman and now even more so... thank you for that. And my goodness those stones!!!! Beautiful!!! Are they expensive? So glad to hear hubby has put on some weight. With all that yummy food i can see why...lol Your coffee quote fits me perfectly.. Must have my cup of coffee in the morning even if its only one.. lol Happy T day!! Hugs! deb

pearshapedcrafting said...

Polished stones are so beautiful- I love your postcards! Glad that hubby is regaining some weight - hurray for ice-cream and for the restaurant making food especially for him! I certainly won't be replacing my coffee with tea but I enjoyed laughing at your Warning ! Hurray too to lovely Morgan Freeman. Happy T Day, Chrisx

Empire of the Cat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Empire of the Cat said...

Good on Morgan! Love the Bowie stamp that's so cool, the stamp collector in me wants one immediately lol. I'm late for tea and browsing, love the cross stitch too haha Sorry for my lateness. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx