Friday 6 August 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 6 August 2021 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies, It is Friday again and there are lots of smiles to share with you this week. I hope you have had a good week too, and if not, remember every cloud has a silver lining.

I have a fun postcard for you today. It is one of those funny 'aunties' from Finland:

Of course the artist is Inge Look. Her illustrations are numbered and this is number 66.  I love this scene. I have often attempted to clean and dust my books, but like the 'aunties', I never get very far as I find books that I have forgotten about and start to read or look through them. The aunties have made themselves comfortable with a drink and some cup cakes. Perfect! 
The card comes to me from Cyprus. A German postcrosser named Volker has lived near Limassol with his family for the last 26 years.
Volker has also made me smile by using such lovely stamps:

The stamp on the left is a refugee stamp as all mail dispatched out of Cyprus must carry a refugee stamp (current value €0,02)
The Cyprus Refugee Fund Tax Stamp
In order to handle the massive problems caused by the Turkish invasion of Cyprus in 1974, with 200.000 Greek Cypriots displaced in their own country, the Government of the Republic of Cyprus set up a “Special Refugee Fund”. To support the Fund and to reduce the financial impact of the refugee problem, Cyprus Post issued a special refugee stamp, which, under legislation, must accompany every object to be posted.

The cute seal pup stamp was issued together with a bee on the 6th May 2021:in the series Europa 2021 - Endangered National Wildlife



Two stamps depicting a bee (€0,34) and a monkseal (€0,64).


Now let me tell you about my week through the daily collages I do:

Last week our car broke down and we managed to 'limp' home and take it to the repair shop. It turned out to be a burst tube, They called it the turbo tube. They ordered a new one for us and the car is OK again now.
These days while it is so hot, I love a glass of ice cold Pastis. Ice cubes, a glug of Pastis and the rest fizzy water. It goes all cloudy when you add the water (just like Ouzo) and I find it very refreshing.

On Sunday we went to church. It was the first time in 18 months and  after the service there was a communal meal. Wonderful.

On Monday it rained for a couple of minutes. The sum total of about 6 drops of rain. 
Our friends in the village are doing a house exchange with a Dutch family in Amsterdam. So we went to say hello and offer our help should they need anything. They made us a coffee and used this brilliant little gadget that froths the milk like a barista. Hubby was immediately enchanted and wants one. (I might order him one...)

On Tuesday I helped a friend with some interpreting and later we went to our 'weekend home' to get the spare bed and had lunch at a restaurant near there.

When I went to the post office on Wednesday to collect a parcel and empty our Post Box, we found our vaccination papers have arrived. Now we can travel if we want (we don't). The parcel contained two small white shelves that I had ordered for my boudoir toilet. Hubby put them up that same evening.

Today (I'm writing this on Thursday evening) we spent most of the day with our friends. We hadn't seen each other for a few months although they only live just outside the village. So we had a lot of catching up to do. I had made chocolate brownies. Andy also brought chocolate brownies! We had a good laugh and decided to have a brownie competition with some blind testing. It ended as a draw. Both were really nice. There was no winner.

That was my week (I seem to have forgotten to make a collage on Saturday). Now I'm going to bed, I'm really tired. 
Of course I will add some funnies at the end.
Have a great weekend,
Take care,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca




We've had a heatwave...











6 comments:

  1. Great stamps.
    Oh, lucky you, 17C right now, one of the coldest summers again.
    Best rain here yesterday, lightning, thunder... it poured like crazy.

    The Elephant, ohhh....
    And the dog... I stepped it that grass... And the last one, thanks for the smiles!
    Hugs from here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the latest post card. Those ladies really know how to live life don’t they? Very like you I’d say 😀 you’ve had another week of keeping busy. I love your collages. The funnies are brilliant...thanks for sharing them.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed this latest postcard. I would rather clean shelves than do what I have done all week. It was cute to see these two again. Those stamps are great, too.

    You do so much every day and it all seems to center around food. Glad I wasn't hungry when I got here. I'm definitely not that social.

    Loved the cat funny and the blonde one, too. Hope you have a great Friday, weekend, and week. See you at Friday Smiles in two weeks, dear Lisca.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great postcard and lovely stamps. Sorry I'm so late it'a been a difficult week and I've only just got round to checking out on everyone and I'll pop back tomorrow for a look at the funnies. Have a lovely weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love the card very good graphics. You have a had another busy week. I guess that is what keeps us young. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I'm late to the party we've had a rather busy weekend and this is the first time I've stopped to take in your lovely week, which seems to be filled with friends, lovely food, a church service all of which make for a brilliant week. I had to smile at the double brownie situation, you can never have too many brownies. I too am intrigued with the milk frother, we just use the microwave to get the milk hot, but that little gadget is intriguing and I love the Easter Island Head/Stonehenge funny at the end. I hope you are having a beautiful weekend and hope that you manage another church service today. Have a lovely week

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete