Friday 13 November 2020

..A Postcard A Day - Friday 13 November 2020 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Here we are again on Friday to share the silver lining. Life is getting more complicated everywhere with new lockdown measures in most countries. We are retired and live a quiet life in a rural village, so the measure don't really affect us that much. We have a curfew, and the shops close at 6 (which is early here in Spain. Normally they are open until 8 or 9).

And we are not allowed out of the village perimeters. So no big supermarket shopping trips. Everything has to be bought in the village. Good for local trade. The thing that I am sad about is, that all sports facilities have been closed, so the only way to exercise is walking. I was just getting my fitness back, and we have to stop again. 

I have received some nice cards this week. This is one of them:

It comes from Germany, and it is an image from a film called Zwingli, Der Reformator. (the reformer) The leading actor is Maximilian Simonischek. The girl that sent me the card finds him a very attractive guy.


What do you think?

And here is some info about Zwingli. I learnt about him at school but didn't remember the details, so here is some Wikipedia info:

 Ulrich Zwingli (1 January 1484 – 11 October 1531) was a leader of the Reformation in Switzerland, born during a time of emerging Swiss patriotism and increasing criticism of the Swiss mercenary system

In 1519, Zwingli became the Leutpriester (people's priest) of the Grossmünster in Zürich where he began to preach ideas on reform of the Catholic Church. In his first public controversy in 1522, he attacked the custom of fasting during Lent. In his publications, he noted corruption in the ecclesiastical hierarchy, promoted clerical marriage, and attacked the use of images in places of worship. Among his most notable contributions to the Reformation was his expository preaching, starting in 1519, through the Gospel of Matthew, before eventually using biblical exegesis to go through the entire New Testament, a radical departure from the Catholic mass. In 1525, he introduced a new communion liturgy to replace the Mass. He also clashed with the Anabaptists, which resulted in their persecution. Historians have debated whether or not he turned Zürich into a theocracy.

OK, history lesson over. Let me show you what my week looked like. 

Friday was my grandson's birthday. He lives in Italy so I don't get to see him much. He is now 6 years old and is an outside, sporty person. (like his dad). He likes snowboarding (they live in the mountains) and skateboarding. He rides his bike, goes swimming and loves to accompany his dad doing off road trials in their Jeep. He also loves Star Wars, so I made him a card with Darth Vader, his favorite for some reason. 

(As a side note: the word 'vader' in Dutch means father, so I was not at all surprised when Darth Vader turned out to be Skywalker's father).

You can also see that I received the Zwingli card on that Friday.

On Saturday I went for a long walk with my friend. I have installed a step counter on my iphone and I did 14000 steps, which is a lot for me. We ended up having a drink at our local bar, and I messaged my hubby and asked him to join us for a beer. 

Another grandchild had a birthday (12th). They live in England and as he couldn't have a party, they decided to have a Zoom party and make a cake in a mug with all his friends. We, as grandparents asked to join, and it was great fun as well as very yummy.

On Sunday We noticed little birds coming and going to the top of the chimney (of the stove on a lower level). It's not nesting time, but we checked the chimney just in case. It seems they just like to perch there. I admit the view is very nice.
On Monday I stayed indoors all day and hubby went to his plot. Not much excitement there.
Tuesday I ran errands (again lots of steps). The shops in the village are small, so one can only go in when another comes out. Most of the time there is a queue outside the shops to go in.
Temperatures have gone down and in the evening we have to light the little gas fire. 
I have so many persimmon, I don't know what to do with them.So I made two more cakes with the puree. (two cups of puree for a cake).

There was a bit of excitement when hubby lost his trailer on the way back from his veggie plot. Luckily it didn't happen while he was collecting the horse manure.

Yesterday I had a surprise package. I didn't remember ordering anything. It turned out to be a box of 100 postcards with images from  Studio Ghibli that I had pre-ordered when I learnt they were going to do one. It was a long time ago (months) and I had completely forgotten about it. So I had fun looking through them. I'm very pleased, it was a wonderful surprise.

That is it from me. Of course I will find you some funnies to put at the bottom so you'll have a bit of a giggle.

Now it's time to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time, and with Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday.

Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca




















10 comments:

  1. You had a busy week, even on lockdown. Lots of walking and cooking. Good thing Graham got his trailer back safe and sound. And celebrating two grandchildren's birthdays made for a fun week, I'm sure. Those Zoom parties must be fun.

    I really enjoyed your last funny. I can totally relate. Bleubeard sat on my lap while I typed until he got too big for my lap! Have a super rest of Friday and a wonderful weekend, too, dear Lisca.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of Zwingly, the actor looks sexy indeed, though :-)

    Oh, and I didn´t know Vader is... One could´ve thought so! Cute Birthday-smile!

    Walking and then a beer - sounds fantastic!
    Still T-shirt-weather?! Here it´s gotten cold.
    Isn´t it great services like Zoom exist!
    Cute donkey! And weee... the trailer!
    Great with the unexpected package!
    Quite a busy week!
    And thanks for the smiles, hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the catch up of your week. We are now looking up a recipe for a persimmon cake...it sounds yummy and I have some on the fruit bowl. Love the funnies...you really do know how to raise a smile in a morning.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved the funnies, just what we need at the moment. You're lucky to be able to go anywhere for a drink, everywhere is closed here due to the Lockdown still there are always jobs to do and stuff to catch up on. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had a busy week despite the lockdowns
    really good funnies this week-had me smiling Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do manage to stay busy Lisca, despitethe restrictions. I find it easier to queue outside the shops now it is a bit cooler (as long as it isn't raining). You could cook in five minutes outside our Correos back in the summer.
    Like you we live a quiet life so it is not affecting us too much, and we are very aware of how lucky and blessed we actually are.
    And 14000 steps is a long walk. I struggle to make my target of 5,000 a day!
    I loved your funnies today. Some I had seen before, but they still made me smile. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a quick update to say we found a recipe for the cake and have now made and even tried a small piece of the finished cake...it was lovely so thanks for the suggestion.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm also participating in Art Every Day Month, or AEDM and today there was a woman who draws magnificent art. I thought of you when she drew a sea turtle:

    https://artbyserena.blogspot.com/2020/11/aedm-day-13-turtle.html

    Hope you check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. thank you for the laughs! Exercise is challenging but do able from home, lift some vege cans, run in place, etc. Better than the alternative right? And restrictions are a sign of care, our country hasn't restricted enough in the past and look what we are dealing with... Poor your husband losing his trailer.... I lost my sense of innocence in the last few years and miss it a bit lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. ah a lovely post, (sorry I'm late), your lockdown whilst stricter at first glance still allows you to pop and have a beer, a luxury we currently don't have with all the bars and restaurants and shops shut again apart from those selling essentials and garden centres which is weird. Your box of new postcards looks fun I'm sure you will have great fun using those. I love the idea of a zoom birthday making mug cakes - what a fantastic idea, despite the lockdown and the geograpical distance. I hope your walking keeps your fitnees levels up and normal returns soon (whatever normal is). Have a wonderful week ahead and a beautiful Sunday xxx

    ReplyDelete