Friday 2 August 2019

A Postcard A day - Friday 2 August 2019 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely ladies,

I hope you are all fine and have lots to smile about. 
I will tell you about my smiles. One of them was more pretty postcards in my mail box.
This one came from Greece. It was written by a Canadian postcrosser who was on holiday in Greece. She writes that she loves 'to see the colourful windows and doors, the peeling paint, the pastel colours and the occasional cat. Unlike the Aegean Greek islands where there is a lot of blue + white, the Ionian island I am on, Kefalonia, the houses are a variety of colours with lots of Italian style terra cotta colours.'
The stamp is interesting but I have no idea what it is about...

This next card has beautiful colours too. It comes from Japan. It was sent by Kokoro, who has a summer job working at a big water amusement park. 
The artwork shown is by Shibata Zeshin, Meiji period, 19th century.

 The stamps are fun. The one on the left reads: International Letter Writing Week although it doesn't say when that was.  And the one on the right is just fun, with those cartoon faces.
Another smile is an unexpected visit from our friends David and Patricia. They had neen to Ibiza to visit their three sons who all work there in the tourist industry in one way or another. Here is our selfie:
Patricia told me they had visited many beautiful places and beaches. They had also been to the so called 'Hippy market'

They brought me a souvenir too! This lovely tea towel. A tasteful souvenir. The material is microfibre, which I like a lot.
 The other thing they treated us to was this little bottle of chili infused oil. We like hot stuff and having a little bottle like that on the table is great. Thank you friends.

 Another friend's daughter L. popped in the other day. It was lovely to see her. We don't see her very often as she has been away at uni for the last 3 or 4 years. She is now 23 and is going to work in Latvia (Brrr) as a volunteer.  She needed some papers printed, signed, scanned and then emailed. There are very few people with a scanner in the village, and I am always happy to help. 
She writes a blog on Wordpress, and after I told her what a lot of problems I was having with Blogger, she encouraged me to start using Wordpress. So I have started a Wordpress account, and (eventaully) plan to move my blog there. I will let you know when I have posted something. At the moment I am in the process of designing my page. Watch this space!

For those who are wondering what happened to my sour dough starter... I threw it away. Again it was a mess and didn't have much bubbles in it. The instructions tell me to use rye flour which I can't get here. I have to order it online. I might do that after we have been to Portugal. (We're going to Portugal for three days next week).

That's it from me today. There will be a few funnies at the end, but for now I'm going to link up with Annie (A Stitch In Time) and Virginia (Rocking Your World Friday).

Enjoy your weekend wherever you are,

Hugs,

Lisca





This one is for those of you who are suffering in the heat. Just look at that snow!
















3 comments:

Annie said...

I really love the bright colours in the first postcard....enough to cheer anyone up. Your funnies made me smile esp the one of the cat visiting to dog daily to give him a kiss :-)The one of the seagull pinching the icecream made me think of the little dog who was picked up and taken by a seagull a week or so ago...they really are rather nasty birds aren't they?
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi Lisca, great postcards but the stamps now they are just brilliant. The funnies are good too, animals just know how to make you smile. Unexpected visitors are the best type, you don't know they're coming so you can't spend ages getting ready for their arrival which I do and them wonder why I did it because actually nothing looks any different. Hope you have a great weekend too. Hugs, Angela xXx

Virginia said...

Lovely post as always, the postcards are pretty as are the stamps. It's lovely that you got visitors too and visitors with gifts, how lovely. The seagull funny piccie really made me giggle - talk about photobombed. As to your question, Isabella not only played it silent, but with a look of horror on her face! Taking the comedy element out of the play, it was very much played in a 'metoo' environment if that makes sense - really thought provoking.

Hugs