Tuesday 5 February 2019

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 5 February 2019 - T for copycat, hiding cat and stout

Hello lovely girls, It's Tuesday again! (Even though I am writing this on Monday night). The weather is so awful (rain and storm) that I am quite happy to spend an evening behind the computer. I am lucky enough to have a nice desktop computer in the living area. It has a huge screen and I love it. But I find myself using my iPad a lot too. I have noticed that my comments don't come through when I use my ipad, so I hereby apologise and I will try to use my desktop as much as possible.

First off are my postcards. The first one is from....ta-da....Valerie! My name was one of those chosen out of the hat. I got lucky and received the postcard of one of the installations that Valerie visited recently.

 She'll be able to tell much more about it, but this particular one is called Dark Pool and visiters are invited to sit at the desk which then triggers a sound track.
I managed to peel off the address sticker so we can all read what it says on the back. (I hope you can read it)


The second one is a postcard i received as a 'thank you' from someone in Holland that I had sent a postcard too. The card has no artist info, it just reads: 'Boomerang supports Kingsday'. I looked up Boomerang and it is one of the largest croud sourcing platforms in the Netherlands (Don't ask, I have no idea what that might be)
Anyway, the stamp is nice and the sender said it was about the Netherlands giving back some pieces of land to Belgium.

"Belgium and Netherlands agree to swap land to simplify border. While Belgium will be losing a splendid piece of nature that juts into the Meuse River dividing the two nations, it will also unburden itself of a jurisdictional nightmare that developed over time as the river meandered to turn the portion of land belonging to Belgium — about 15 soccer fields worth — into a peninsula linked only to the Netherlands. Over time, the area was rumoured to be increasingly lawless, a haven for drug dealers and illicit sexual escapades. Then, some three years ago, passers-by stumbled onto a headless body. “They alerted Dutch authorities, who told them it was Belgian territory,” said Jean-Francois Duchesne, police Commissaire of the Lower Meuse region.
In short, the Dutch could not go there because it was Belgian territory, and Belgian police and judicial authorities found it extremely tough to get there. They are not allowed to cross into the Netherlands without special permission and the peninsula had no proper landing zone for boats or equipment coming in by water.
“So we had to go there by boat with all that was needed — the prosecutor, the legal doctor, the judicial lab — we had to do round trips over the water. It really was not very practical,” Duchesne said.
And beyond that, Mr Neven remembered: “You had to jump from the boat onto the shore. You needed to be in shape for this.”

This week I finally finished my jigsaw puzzle. 

It is my favorite illustrator Colin Thompson. This one is called The Bizarre Bookshop 2. I already have done his Higgeldy-piggeldy House:
I love doing jigsaws. But this week I have also done some crafting. I'm afraid I have been a copycat. After seeing Halle's little collages, I got out the sewing machine and had a go! Wondeful! So theraputic! Thank you Halle for this great suggestion.
I started with blue as I had a strip of blue fabric. I don't have reams of it like some of you have. And I have no scraps at all as I don't sew. Then I found some ribbons and i did some other colours. It is very addictive i must say.

 While I was doing this, I somehow seemed to have 'lost' the cat. I found him hiding behind the stove in the corner.


I managed to photograph him in his hidyhole.

 Now for my beverage. I will be linking up with Elizabeth and Bluebeard for T for Tuesday. To join the T-Party we contribute a beverage. Mine is an alcolholic one this time. We are not great beer drinkers as in this part of Spain people only seem to drink lager. Anyway, we were at Lidls (German supermarket) and they were selling stout. We both love stout, so we treated ourselves to a bottle. It's probably not high quality stuff like Jo is used to drinking at the festivals she goes to (OK, I am slightly envious), but we thouroughly enjoyed this bottle.
That is it from me today,
Happy T-Day all of you,
Lisca

16 comments:

  1. Some very interesting postcards this week with beautiful stamps. I am afraid I do not have the patience for jigsaw puzzles but I wish I did. This puzzle is so unique. I love it! Your collages scraps look like such fun to make. I really want to give this a try now.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy seeing the postcard when I stop by your blog. And that Netherlands Belgium land swap situation sounded like a nightmare before they did the swap. Why was your cat hiding? Did he get scared, or was it nice and warm back there? Happy T-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fun to see your interesting postcards and stamps along with some history too! I have a large screen desktop and love it too- so much easier to see everything:) Your layered scraps are wonderful!! Hope you'll share what you do with them. Cheers, and happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a very tricky puzzle your finished. Congrats. It is fun and I need to get back to mine but it's been busy so I hope this weekend. :) And that looks like a good beer to me. Sounds like you've been having lots of fun lately and on a big creative roll. Happy T day Lisca. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you liked the postcard, and that you were able to remove the address label. It was very fascinating being at that exhibition. Interesting to learn about the 'land-swap' between Belgium and Holland, I had not heard about that. Love the little collages and your wonderful puzzle. And the cat photos are priceless. Happy T Day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am nearly asleep right now, so I'm trying to stay awake long enough to leave a comment. How sweet of Valerie to send that great postcard, Yes, I read the story and saw the desk that DID look like there might be some rather bizarre and paranormal images on it. I was also surprised to read about land swaps between Holland and Belgium.

    I also want to make some of those little sewn collages like Halle made, but I'm still working on my Christmas gifts (yes, I am that far behind).

    Precious looks adorable. I hope he was just trying to stay warm. He didn't look frightened at least. He lives up to his name, in my opinion.

    I'm not a beer drinker, but I LOVE stout beer. It's the only beer I'll drink. It even looks stout.

    Thanks for sharing your postcards, your fabric collages, and your stout beer with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca. Now I'm off to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes, i bet making These stacked scrap pieces is addictive! they look really gorgeous! happy t-day ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Terrific postcards you received-thanks for sharing those

    What a difficult jigsaw to complete but it look wonderful now you have finished it.

    Always look to see your little works of art and all the many ideas on those.

    The cat looks content curled up in the corner.

    Have a very happy T Day

    Love Chrissie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Some super interesting postacards, a wonderful puzzle finished - congrats on this and I love your sewed scraps! Gorgeous! Your cat is so lovely Lisca!
    Happy T-Day!
    Big hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
  10. You received some wonderful postcards, i also like the stamps you are sent as well.
    The jigsaw looks fantastic, it must have taken hours to complete with all the great details. Do you keep them a while on show when you complete them?
    Your sewn scraps look beautiful.
    The cat may have been hiding but he does look content and happy.
    Happy T day wishes to you Lisca.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such fabulous postcards, the one from Valerie is so interesting! I loved seeing your jigsaws too, they are amazing designs and look a bit tricky to me ...lol 😉. When we visit our family at Christmas they always have a jigsaw to do which I love 😁. Your beer looks delicious, I like stout and Lidl often have some nice ones to try, glad you enjoyed it! Cheers and Happy T Day! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  12. What an eerie experience the Dark Pool eexhibit must provide, Lisca. Its a fascinating postcard from Valerie.

    How nice that Belgium and Netherlands setted the issue of the orphaned land peaceably. Maybe the Begian police just dint wnt to deal with more headless bodies - just kidding.

    I'm anxious to see what you and Halle do with the little collage pieces. They remind me of Kate's art, which has so many layers.

    How nice to enjoy an Irish stout for a change of pace. We have a "Brew House" restaurant near us that makes craft beers, stouts and lagers. They have 40 or more! I need to take some photos of that for T-day.

    Happy T-day! Eileen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those little collages re delightful! The jigsaw puzzles look _hard_! It'd take me forever to finish one like that, I'm sure. Happy late T Day

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow ! That jigsaw puzzle is so intricate it must have taken forever to finish.
    Thanks for stopping by for a T Day visit! I am slowly making it around to see everyone.
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  15. How lovely to get a postcard from Valerie! I love both of your puzzles - I am looking forward to getting back to mine at our caravan! I love your Halle style collages! Belated Happy T Day! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very interesting blogpost! The little collages are beautiful!
    Happy belated T-Day!

    ReplyDelete