Friday 20 April 2018

A Postcard A Day - Friday 20 April 2018 - Friday Smiles Taiwan, painting, orchids, pasta and t-shirts

Good morning lovely peeps,
It's Friday again and the week is nearly over. I hope you all have something nice lined up for the weekend as it seems to be better weather in most parts of the world.

Hubby and I are going out with friends tonight and on Sunday I will be away all day learning how to take 'macro' pictures. (Photographing tiny objects, flowers or insects).

My postcard today comes from Taiwán:
The Sakizaya (Lit: 'Real Man') are Taiwanese aborigines, with a population of approx. 5000-10,000. Here is a photo from Wikipedia:
And as Taiwán forms part of Chine, the stamp is Chinese:



Yesterday I finished painting another two chairs.

Remember I painted a table and chairs? Well, I painted the table upside down and when the paint had dried and I turned it the right way up, I could see i had missed a few bits!
I have touched up those bits today and I painted another two chairs, and a wall cabinet which I want to hang in the bedroom with all my medical 'equipment' (You know: bloodpressure cuff thing, TENS machine, nebuliser, thermometer etc) and first aid kit and the usual painkillers.
But I'm pleased with how the table has turned out.

What else has happened this week... The weather has finally turned! It has been warm and sunny for most of this week. We went to the lake last Sunday with friends from church and we found some wild orchids:
Aren't they gorgeous?

I can't remember if I told you, but Dear Daughter came to stay (on her own without the children) and we took her to the market that is being held every Tuesday morning just two streets away from us.
I bought some veg and fruit. You can tell by the coats and jackets that it was still cold then.
Dear daughter wanted some olives, so we stopped at the olive stall. They sell all sorts of olives and pickles. The olives on the right have almonds stuck in them.
These are gherkins, olives and onions on a stick. Hubby likes those, so we got some. On the left is just a mixture of olives, gherkins and red peppers and onions. We had some of that too.

At the beginning of this month I have started going to the gym again. Half an hour aerobics and half an hour on the machines, three times a week. We have a really nice group of local ladies.

I've cooked some yummy things. One of them was this:

It's called Annabel's pasta. I found it more than 20 yrs ago when I was looking for cheap, nutricious meals for students when our kids were at uni (they are in their 40s now). It has pasta, boiled eggs, tuna and cheese in it. It is always a success.

If you fancy making that, here is the recipe:



(For imperial measurements: pasta 8.8 oz, butter 3.5 oz, flour 2.1 oz, tuna 7 oz, grated cheese 4.5 oz, milk 21 fl oz.)

This is it from me today. I'm going to link up with Annie for Friday Smiles at A Stitch In Time and I'll see what Victoria has been up to this week at Rocking Your World Friday.

I will leave you with some funny T-shirts.

Have a fun weekend and enjoy the good weather,

Hugs, Lisca










4 comments:

  1. So much to smile about this week Lisca. That little wild orchid is gorgeous....I think my house ones are sleeping at the mo but hope they all bloom again soon. I like the sound of the pasta recipe and may well give it a go. The t-shirts are really funny.
    Thanks for sharing your smiles.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisca, I'm a bit late tonight so this might be quick! Loving the new postcards and the chairs look brilliant. The Orchids are gorgeous, look like a type of slipper Orchid. The T-shirts are fun too. Have a great weekend with lots more smiles. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah what a lovely upbeat post. Your table and chairs look amazing, I'm not surprised you are pleased with them!

    I'm loving the look of that market, oh to have that sort of thing available in our local market!

    I hope you have a fabulous weekend and week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see the better weather has reached up to you now. We have had a lovely week but the wind still has a nip in it. I love wandering the markets. Everything looks so fresh and colourful.
    Thanks for the recipe. I am going to give it a try.
    Your table and chairs look good. Well worth the work you put in.
    I hope you enjoy the macro training. I like using the macro setting on my camera, because, as you know, I like taking photos of all the bugs and flowers! Lovely orchids by the way. I look forward to seeing the results of your photography class. Kate x

    ReplyDelete