Tuesday 18 July 2023

T for Tuesday 10th Anniversary! 10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10-10 Reveal Tuesday 11 July 2023

 Hello lovely ladies,

Happy 10th anniversary to Elizabeth and Bluebeard and the T-gang!

And a big 'Thank You' to our hosts Bluebeard and Elizabeth for keeping this party going for 10 years! Amazing!

Elizabeth has asked us to post photos with a 10 in it. I baked a little sponge cake and put some candles on it to celebrate this amazing anniversary.

 


Happy anniversary Bluebeard and Elizabeth! 

Lets have a photo with me in it:

Oops! I forgot that selfies always come out mirror image!
I turned the cake round. That's better!

But now you are seeing the back of the sponge, the part that has least sugar...
Looking OK?

Enough of me now! 


We have been doing an exchange of ATCs and postcards and today is the big reveal. Are you ready for this?

My exchange partner is Carola Bartz and she sent me a beautiful postcard:


The description on the card reads: "Arched Rock seen from Goat Rock Beach, one of Sonoma Coast state beaches."

Carola writes:" The postcard shows Arched Rock near our favorite beach at the ocean. It's where we go to most if we want to see the sunset over the ocean."

She wrote the following lines on a beautiful card with a real photo on it:

Carola writes:" The photo on this card was taken shortly after sunrise at the Laguna de Santa Rosa, close to my house. I often go here for walks and watching birds."

Thanks Carola, the cards are beautiful.

And of course she enclosed her ATC:
A cat-themed ATC, isn't it cute! Meet the Tuesday Cats! There are cat prints walking over some German writing and there is a cheeky little mouse in the top right corner. Thank you Carola.

The back side looks like this:

I sent her an ATC too, but I'm not showing it here as hopefully it will feature in her post. 
I have made two ATCs. One is for Carola, and I have sent one to Bluebeard and Elizabeth too. Just to say 'thank you' for ten fun years of T-Partying.


The stamps on Carola's envelope are amazing:
On the left is Pluto.
On the right is the Everglades National Park.
In the middle is Carlsbad Caverns National Park.

This is what is said about the Carlsbad Caverns National Park (I had never heard of this Nat Park): High ancient sea ledges, deep rocky canyons, flowering cactus, and desert wildlife—treasures above the ground in the Chihuahuan Desert. Hidden beneath the surface are more than 119 caves—formed when sulfuric acid dissolved limestone leaving behind caverns of all sizes.
It sounds like something I would love to visit!

The Everglades I have heard of. I suppose most of you have.
Everglades National Park is an American national park that protects the southern twenty percent of the original Everglades in Florida. The park is the largest tropical wilderness in the United States and the largest wilderness of any kind east of the Mississippi River. Wikipedia.

The Pluto stamp has a story to it and I will write about that next week (It's too long for this post).




Happy 10th anniversary T-Day to all!
Hugs,
Lisca





21 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi LIsca, Happy 10th T anniversary-how special that you made a cake for us-thank you. Lovely mail from your swap partner-enjoy hugs Kathy

nwilliams6 said...

How totally creative to do a cake! Love it! Love the fun pictures of you too. Your ATC you made (posted by Carola) was fabulous and I love the one she sent you too (plus the postcards). The stamps are fun - especially Carlsbad Caverns. I was born near there so it is special to me. Happy special T-day to you, Lisca. Hugz

Carola Bartz said...

Hi Lisca, I'm so glad that you like the things I sent you. I had so much fun and loved having you as a swap partner. I love that you baked a cake for the anniversary! The Calsbad Caverns are indeed amazing - we walked into them, but you can also take an elevator. Very often, bats sit at the entrance to the cave. It's a huge underground system of bigger and smaller caves and they even have a small restaurant cafeteria style down there. It's several years ago that we were there, and I still remember it quite vividly. Happy T day!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your incredible cake you made us for our 10th T Tuesday anniversary. It is fabulous and I am really thrilled you went to all that trouble.

I have been to Carlsbad Caverns. I love caves, but the commercial ones are less to my liking than the ones that need to be explored. These are great postage stamps. I really like them all.

Yes, I saw your ATC on Carola's blog. I absolutely LOVE it. Thanks for sharing your cake with us, as well as the postcard and stamps for T this special 10th anniversary T Tuesday.

Darla said...

Enjoyed your cake pictures, turn the cake and turn back time. Lol! I'm familiar with the costal area in the postcatd you received. We have a beautiful coastline here in No CA,

DVArtist said...

Cheers indeed. A lovely post. I love all the photos of you with the 10. Have a lovely evening.

Amila said...

wow! This is a cheerful way to celebrate T Tuesday 10th anniversary with a sponge cake. Your photos are great and inspiring too making us cheerful! Beautiful postcard and ATC from Carola too. Thanks for all the sharing. Happy 10th T Tuesday anniversary!

Iris Flavia said...

Fun-fun-fun pics of you, the TEN and the cake!
Thank you for the big smile! Let´s celebrate!
Looking forward to Pluto, too - happy T-Day!

Anonymous said...

Happy 10 years of Tea Tuesday! - Anne (Cornucopia)

My name is Erika. said...

Oh Lisca I love those photos of you with the cake. 😀. They made me smile this morning. And nice ATC from Carola. This is a fun T party. Have a great T day and week ahead. Hugs Erika

Let's Art Journal said...

Happy TSFT 10th Anniversary wishes! It's wonderful to see you celebrating T Day and that cake looks delicious 😊. The ATC with the cats is so beautiful, a great way to celebrate this T Day! Take care and Happy T Day celebrations! Hugs, Jo x

jinxxxygirl said...

What cute pictures of you and your cake to celebrate our 10th Anniversary T day! Looks like you were having fun! What a wonderful ATC from Carola! Just love the cat theme! Hugs! deb

Valerie-Jael said...

Hi Lisa! I left you a comment earlier and it has disappeared, sorry. Anyways, I love your 'me and my cake' photos, great idea. And the ATC and card from Carola are beautiful. You asked about my earrings. I have a huge collection of these crazy earrings, all bought from Euro shops for something between 50 cents and 1,80. It's just a bit of fun to cheer myself up!

Divers and Sundry said...

Oooo, cake! What a treat! I love that ATC. Happy 10th T Anniversary

Mae Travels said...

A real cake is fun: most of the celebrations today are virtual since we are all in widely varied locations. I’m pretending I can taste the cake!
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

pearshapedcrafting said...

Love the cake - the side with less sugar would suit me fine! I love the post card and ATC from Carola! Great stamps too! I also love the ATC you sent to Carola. Happy T Day, Chrisx

Sharon Madson said...

Her ATC is so fun with the cats, perfect for TSFT! Great post cards and stamps, too! Happy TSFT Anniversary!

Rostrose said...

Dear Lisca,
thanks for the smile about your reversed selfie - that would have happened to me too 😍 Great that you baked a birthday cake! And I am happy with you about the nice and pretty exchange with Carola. Belated happy T-Day! 😊
All the best from Austria, Traude
🌸🌿❤️🌿🌸
https://rostrose.blogspot.com/2023/07/costa-rica-13-kapitel-osa-peninsula.html

CJ Kennedy said...

So fun to see you and your delicious cake! Love the cat ATC. Happy 10th T Day Anniversary

Kate Yetter said...

I enjoyed all the candid's of you and the Cake! It reminded me of photos from a photo booth.
Loving all the pretty stamps and postcards.
Happy Belated Tea Day,
Kate

Caty said...

Lisca, your Birthday cake may be so so delicious !! qué pinta !
I like very much the lovely Atc you received, and the lovely postcard, with the stamps. this was a great 10th Anniversary.
I wish you a very ncie day,
big hugs, Caty