Friday 14 July 2023

A Postcard A Day - Friday 14 July - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies,

Here we are again to share our smiles and silver linings. Yes, every cloud has a silver lining. Problem is, we have no clouds here at the mo (southern Spain) and it is soooo hot! I could do with some clouds (or even rain) silver lining or not. Temperatures in the region of 40 degrees C (104 F)!! 


My region is between Malaga and Almería, where it says 42!

I just keep all my shutters closed and also the windows to prevent the hot air from entering the house. I don't have air conditioning as my house is reasonably cool, but even I have had to turn the ceiling fans on.

I'm using a large bold font just to see if my mum, who is almost blind, can read this with her special computer program.

Let me show you the postcard I received from my friend the other day:

It is entitled Paris Bouquinistes. I didn't know what bouquinistes were so I looked it up.:  It is French for a dealer in old and used books. ETYMOLOGY: from bouquin (a colloquial word for a book, little book, or old book). The card didn't have a date on it but I reckon this photo was taken in the 1950s.
There is no stamp on the card as my friend sent it in an envelope together with some other stuff. These are the stamps from the large envelope:
A beautiful image of HM Queen Elizabeth when she was young.

What has been happening here with me? Well, you probably know that I am now back home.

We left Sardegna on a day boat. As we had to be ready at 6 a.m., we decided to park at the ferry terminal:
I add to say that there were at least nine other campervans parked there, so we felt quite safe.
At 6 o'clock we were in the queue to get onto the boat:
We sailed at 7 and arrived at 9 pm in Barcelona.
The crossing was extremely boring. But we got there and I wanted to take a flight from there (Barcelona) to Granada, but for some reason, the flights I had seen the day before were suddenly unavailable. So I booked a direct bus to Baza.

I left at 5 PM and arrived in Baza at 4:30  the next morning. 


I took a taxi home from Baza and although I had slept on the bus, I flopped into bed and slept for nearly 24 hours!
After a shower, 
feeling better.

Look what my feet looked like after 4 weeks in the same sandals:

I'm going to leave it at that. I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time and I hope to see you there too sharing your smiles.
Of course there will be some funnies at the end. There are a lot. I'm just showing you all the funnies that are on my desktop today (and there might be one or two that you have already seen). But I want to clear my desktop.

Have a lovely weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

PS This is for Elizabeth who asked me about my sandals:




























 












6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you back at home but wow hot hot is it there? I’d be far from comfortable in that heat. Love the funnies.
Hugs,
Annie x

Iris Flavia said...

Wow on your temps. I would like it.
But then... I am also grapefruit!
Happy weekend, hugs

My name is Erika. said...

I love reading about your trip Lisca. It seems like quite an adventure. The heat and for us rain this summer isn't fun! hugs-Erika

mamapez5 said...

That was quite a journey you had to get home, but you made it, and that is what matters.
I am not very happy in this hot, hot weather but it is supposed to be more normal now. Still hot, but more bearable. Theworst bit for me is having all the windows and shutters closed. I like as much daylight as possible. And it is the fiestathis week which takes place just at the back of us so there is a lot of noise too. But it will only be for a few days, and we are coping, so we are still smiling here. Kate x

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'm glad you are back home safe and sound. Sorry to read about your heat. Although our temps have been slightly lower, the heat index has been higher than your temps. Yesterday (Thursday) at noon, the heat index was 114 F (45.56 C). Now you see why I can't live without an AC and one in my office to cool my electronics.

That's a lovely postcard. In a few years those postage stamps will be collectables.

I am curious about your luggage. What is the floral thing on top of the suitcase and carry on? I like the color of the case. It sure stands out compared to the many black ones that you see at the airport.

Goodness. I could never wear sandals for four weeks. I have to wear my Reebok tennis shoes. I don't see how you climbed around places in sandals. You were a lot braver than I would be.

Some of your funnies were adorable and some hilarious. Have a super Friday and weekend, dear Lisca.

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Pleased to see you're home safe. I couldn't stand those temperatures that is just too hot.Loving the funnies especially the Artists and no I don't want to feel old but I do after reading that. Loving the postcard too, I remember those stalls when I went to Paris with the school sometime in the 60s. Oh and yes the old school in our village is still in use for Juniors now, we believe it opened around 1924 when they started getting coal from the mine that was opened there. Wishing you a restful weekend. Hugs, Angela xxx