Tuesday 15 March 2022

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 15 March 2022 - T for

 Hello lovely ladies,

How are you all? I'm sure we are all very worried about what is happening in Eastern Europe and are helping local and national charities with medical and practical supplies for the war zone. I was on a coach trip on Saturday and we learnt that the bus driver was leaving Tuesday (Today) for Poland with a coach load of supplies and taking back refugees for three villages near us. Cúllar, Huescar and another one that I can't remember. The three municipalities have made an effort to accommodate a certain amount of families. Cúllar has 4000 inhabitants and Huescar 7000 (roughly). I think that is amazing. Everybody is doing their bit.

But let me show you my postcard for today:

It comes from Germany and features a cattle farmer leaving his barn and saying "Bin mal kurz weg", which boils down to 'Be right back'. 
The card is advertising a KAT walk :
KAT stands for Kitsbüheler Alpen Trail. It is a long distance trail through the Alps of Kitzbühl. The  Kitzbühel Alps Trail is 106 or 76 km long. The KAT Walk is classified as red – and therefore a moderately difficult - mountain hiking trail for sure-footed and experienced hikers. It is marked with the KAT Walk logo throughout.
 By the way, Kitzbühel is in Austria, not in Germany. It lies between Innsbruck and Salzburg:

The stamps are lovely and in addition to the beautiful floral stamps there is  a stamp from 2017 commemorating the first detection of gravitational waves.
On September 14, 2015, LIGO (a gravitational wave detector) observed for the 1st time gravitational waves from the collision of two black holes -- an observation that paved the way to several more groundbreaking discoveries, including the detection of gravitational waves from colliding neutron stars, which LIGO and Virgo announced on October 16. The Deutsche Post stamp features numerical relativity simulations performed at the Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics. The Institute is one of the two research centers involved in the design and operation of the GEO600 detector, a ground-based gravitational-wave detector located near Hannover, Germany. Like LIGO and Virgo, GEO600 is a part of a worldwide network of gravitational-wave detectors. It is also a member of the LIGO Scientific Collaboration (LSC).

The couple that sent me the card are Sven and Sylvie who live in Chemnitz. This is what they write:



So, what's with me? I've had a busy weekend. As mentioned I have been on a coach trip on Saturday, then on Sunday I went on a long organized walk. 
The coach trip was to several municipalities in our area that support women's rights and we went to see the murals in those villages. Each village has at least three: One about domestic violence, the other about gender equality and the third about cultural and leisure activities. Here are a few examples:
This is about women having to wash at the stream, before they had wash houses. 

This one is a play on a famous war time poster. It reads: Enough now! and 'No more domestic violence'.


I will post more later. Perhaps I should join Monday Murals...

A Place called La Calahorra has a beautiful castle. We have seen it in the distance from the motorway, but I had never actually been near it.
The weather was lovely but there is still a lot of snow on the mountains.

Here I am (on the left) with my friends:


And of course today is T-Day and we will be visiting the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard. My ticket to the party is a mural, but not one I visited myself.
It's a Portuguese artist but I can't remember his/her name.
The next image is true for me but not for everyone.... There are quite a lot of coffee drinkers among the T-gang.
That is it from me today. My husband and I will be spending today in Granada at the big teaching hospital. Hubby has to go for radiotherapy. As this is his first appointment, it will be an information and planning appointment. We shall also hear how many radiotherapy sessions are planned. If they are few, then he can go in an ambulance every day (an hour and a half by car). If it is going to be longer, then a hotel or even renting an apartment would be better. We shall see and I will let you know next week.

Happy T-Day,
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

 







14 comments:

  1. I want to wish your husband good luck with his radiotherapy. I hope the meeting is productive and you can make all the arrangements you need to. It looks like you had a great trip to look at murals. They are really beautiful. As is that castle. I didn't know you had so many mountains in the general area, so I was surprised to see all the snow. I bet that trail in the Alps is pretty snowy now also. And that mural is perfect for T. It's as beautiful as the ones you saw. I'm with you about the tea and book one though as I'm not a coffee drinker. I hope you have a nice T day Lisca. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post isca, you have been very busy. Short comment from me, no time to do much today as I have creative therapy, which is very nice. Love the cup mural, fantastic. Happy T Day, take care, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Lisca, You always find such fun things to do. Loved the postcard and murals, and got to see a castle up close. Your mural for T is awesome Hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I trust your husband's therapy will go well.

    Your coach tour sounds like great fun. It is perfect for this month as sometimes International Women's Day doesn't get much attention.

    Happy T Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous post! It looks like you had fun with your friends and wow, so much snow - amazing (smile!). Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great postcard art and history. Looks like a great trip you had- the art and scenery are fantastic- and it looks like the weather cooperated as well:)
    All the best for hubby's treatments. Happy T day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Europe is doing so much in order to help the Ukrainian people. They do need all the help they can get. The situation is simply horrific.
    Those are fabulous murals. In Egypt I still saw women doing their wash in the Nile, and I think there are still many places in the world where women have to do without washing machines etc. When I lived in Taiwan, we used wash boards for our laundry. Hard work, but also quite social since we always did it in a group.
    All the best for your husband's radiotherapy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always enjoy your postcard stories and stamps. Looks like you had a good trip with friends to see the murals. Best wishes for your hubby. Happy T Day

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that is a lot of snow on those mountains! The murals are fantastic especially the bird and the cup one, gorgeous. I hope all goes well at the hospital. Happy T Day Elle/EOTC xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoyed reading about your latest postcard and seeing the wonderful stamps. That gentleman who sent it has been a lot of places, it seems.

    I keep thinking about the little girl who lives/lived in Kyiv whose postcard you featured back in mid-February. I hope she is OK and made it out of Ukraine to safety. Being 13, she will be more susceptible to PTSD than children under 5, who often don't realize what is happening while the war is going on. Sorry if I digress!

    IO hope all goes well with your husband and the number of treatments are not enough for you to have to stay there.

    It was nice to see those murals. I loved the take on Rosie the Riveter. But the tea and books mural was wonderful. Thanks for sharing your postcard, the Women's Month trip with us, the murals, and the update on Graham with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your photos from the tour are lovely. I enjoyed seeing the murals to depict each topic. My favorite was the cup and the hummingbird. So lifelike.
    The meme about tea and books rings true for me! Love it!
    Hoping all goes well with your hubby's treatments as well as with the transportation issues.
    Happy Tea Day,
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice murals! I hope all goes well with your husband's treatments.

    best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this post. I wish there was more I could do for Ukraine. The photos are amazing especially the 3-D mural. What an artist. I hope all is well with Graham. Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great postcard and I really love the stamps! Your coach trip looks really interesting . Belated Happy T Day, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete