Friday 16 March 2018

A Postcard A Day - Friday 16 March 2018 - Friday Smiles


Hello everyone, How are you today? Are you smiling? I am. To prepare this blog I was looking at 'funnies' on Pinterest and couldn't stop looking and couldn't stop laughing either. Hubbie was getting worried and wanted to know why I was crying! (with laughter, I should add).

But seriously, this is Friday smiles where I tell you the good bits of my week. I am retired and that means I am a very busy person. But i keep Thursdays as my 'play day'. I do crafting mostly and hubby lights the fire in my hobby room and I plan something easy for dinner and you don't see me all day. I play.
Yesterday I didn't play, but I 'worked'. I painted an old table with Annie Sloan chalk paint. 
Wonderful stuff that. You don't need to prepare the Wood and one pot goes a very long way. I first used a coat of white

Not because it needs an undercoat, but because I want to 'distress' it so that the white comes through.

I will show you the finished article next week.

These are the fridge magnets on my fridge. Have you got some on your fridge? Why not take a picture of them and tell us a bit about them. I'll tell you about some of them next week. For now I'll share the following:

We do like our food and I love cooking, so sometimes (like now) it is time for a diet and some healthy eating. (like now). I've lost a kilo so far.

No, I haven't forgotten my postcards. Here is a smile for you: A handsome young man from Lapland.

 I love his outfit. The trim, the silver buckle, the gloves and those furry shoes. The card was sent to me from Finland by Pirjo and he used some nice stamps. The one with the little girl is an Easter stamp.
 This lovely lady comes from Poland.
 
It is the Polish actress Beata Tyszkiewicz when she was young. The stamps satisfies my longing for spring as they have flowers on them.
Now for some funnies/cuties:
 

Today I am joining Annie at A Stitch In Time and Virginia at Rocking Your Week Friday.

See you there.

9 comments:

  1. Good evening, ok now I can not wait til I see your finished product-sounds like a fun project too.
    that's a good idea about sharing frig magnets-I don't have too many any more-mostly yellowstone ones with my own photos.
    Love your funnies!
    Happy weekend Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you with the table...I will look forward to seeing it when it’s finished. I laughed at the last funny. It reminded me of when our eldest was in school she wrote in her book that when she lay in bed at night she could hear mummy and daddy in the bath.....what she didn’t put was separately! At parents evening her teacher had opened her book on that page and was chuckling so I just said....I won’t tell what she says goes on at school if you don’t share what she says at home hand left him wondering 😂😂😂😂)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisca, I love the storage boxes you have in your hobby room, what a great idea to use them and they fit so well too.

    I like your idea of taking a picture of our fridge magnets too. I might do that for next weeks 'smiles'

    have a good week
    Gill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisca,
    My blog has its own domain rather than just using Blogger or Worpress so its a little different but i've now added a 'Follow' button which you should see at the bottom right hand corner. This will ask you to leave your email address and then you'll be notified when i make new posts.
    If yo'd rather not leave your email i'll totally understand, its fine.
    Otherwise you could just bookmark my blog and check it every few days for new posts.
    Hope that helps

    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the distressed look. I bet your table will look lovely when it is done.
    The Lapland postcard is great. Love the reindeer as much as the costume. And the actress on the other one is beautiful.
    You found some good funnies this week. I love the little dog and cat. I am not sure mine would stick up for one another! Have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi again, great post and so much going on. You asked me about the food at this hotel well... it's not quite up to the standard of the other one but it fills the gap. The weather has been up and down but it was only yesterday that we came in early as it was so windy, today was lovely with great skiing. We are in Tignes this time, still in the French Alps but a bit higher up than The Three Valleys where we were before. I have to say the funny about the little girl and her mum is brilliant, loved it. Have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can't wait to see the finished table. And I really liked your comment about being retired so being busy. I can't wait to retire so i can be busy-but it looks like fun busy, not work stressed busy. Nice funnies this week. Happy weekend. hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry this is brief. I'm having keyboard problems. What a great table it will be. Sorry, I have no fridge magnets. I don't like clutter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh the funnies got me this week, particularly the snow shovel, it looks like we might need ours again tomorrow - sigh! I love that you have a craft day each week, I've used chalk paint once before on fitted wardrobes and it made such a difference really lightened them up and I love the distress look. I can't wait to see the finished article.

    Have a great weekend and week ahead.

    Much love

    xxx

    ReplyDelete