Friday 17 June 2016

A Postcard A Day - Friday 17 June 2016 - Friday Smiles

Good Morning folks, 

It's Friday again. Time to reflect about all the good and positive things that have happened this week. 
This week has been a family week for me. My mother came to Spain to celebrate her 92nd birtday and is still here with me. Hence the late post from me today. (I help her get washed and dressed, which she normally does herself but it is nice and intimate to do this with her).
Here is mum eating a bowl of cherries from my neighbour's tree.

My postcard today is one that arrived this morning (another advantage of blogging later in the morning: the postman has been):
Of course you will recognize it as John Lennon painted on a wall in Prague. That really made me smile as I was a Beatles girl right from the very start.
These are the stunningly beautiful stamps. I have not had time yet to Google what they are about but will do later.

A lot of smiles from my Friday Smiles friends feature grand children. I thought I'd show you a photo of my little grandson in Italy. My D-I-L sends me photos almost every day.
He is 18 months and apparently quite a handful. I love his cheeky smile. 
Here he is watching the football:
I'm going to Italy at the end of August to see him (and to celebrate my son's 40th birthday). I'm looking forward to it of course.

Th0se are my smiles today. I'll be linking up with Annie at A Stitch in Time and Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday. I'll try to do as many comments as I can, but I also want to spend as much time with mum as I can as she is leaving tomorrow.

Have a good week with many smiles,
Blessings,
Lisca

11 comments:

  1. You really are blessed having a mum to spoil Lisca and that little grandson really made me chuckle....he has mischief written all over his face....just how little boys should be :-)
    I must say that I didn't make the costumes my grandees were wearing but I did really enjoy seeing them in them....they were wearing them to raise money for a charity in memory of a little local boy who died of a brain tumour so it reminds us to hug them just a little bit tighter doesn't it?
    Have a great week my friend.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah a lovely post - and you managed photos something I failed miserably at this week if I'm honest. Your Mum looks lovely and I bet she's had a great time too. Your grandson is a cutie isn't he - wow Italy - a very international family then! I hope you have a fabulous weekend and week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely array of smiles you have for us this week. Your mum looks quite comfortable eating her cherries and I just adore the smile of your grandson.
    Keep enjoying your week.
    Hugs, Neet 5 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certainly have a LOT to smile about this week. I agree that you should spend as much time as you can with your mother before she leaves. Family first, internet friends when time permits. Hope the visit was as fun for her as it seems to have been for you. Have a lovely rest of Friday and a wonderful weekend, although I know it will be a letdown once she and your sister are gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dear Mother looks amazing and it must be so lovely that she is able to travel to visit you even though she is such a good age. Your little grandson is so cute and has an adorable smile. such a lovely post and a lovely postcard as a bonus!
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mother looks fantastic and not her age at all.
    My mum at 83 is fitter than her kids and my 84 year old auntie although a bit wobbly still gardens

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Lisca,
    You come from good genes! Your mother looks great for her age. The bowl of cherries look pretty great too! Nothing's better than picking any kind of fruit right off the tree.

    Your grandson does look a bit mischevious in his photo. Very cute though, with those cherub cheeks.

    It's been ages since I've joined Friday Smiles, let alone do any posting. Still can't put my finger on why.....

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful gift to have your mum with you! Lovely photos - especially your grand boy---- the next thing to look forward to!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Lisca, lovely photos and it looks like you've had a great week. Your grandson is such a sweetie. have a great weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your mum is looking wonderful for her age. It sounds as though she has had a very special birthday trip. I love the postcard. I was also a Beatles girl from the word go. And what a gorgeous little chappie your grandson is. I love his smile. Blessings, Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I guess I missed this post. Your grandson is adorable! And really nice you get to visit with your mom. :) Erika

    ReplyDelete