Saturday 5 April 2014

In My LIfe (Beatles)

Hi everybody! Thanks for stopping by again at my blog. This time it's about scrapbooking.

Depending on where in the world you live, you may or may not have seen a man in a kilt. Although my husband Graham was born in Guernsey, he is of Scottish descent and is allowed to wear a MacKay kilt.(The one in the photo has the hunting tartan).  He used to wear it a lot on stage when he was front man of a ceilidh (pron. kay-ley) band (folk band) but nowadays it's only for special occasions. I think he looks very smart in his kilt. I have this photo from a family wedding and have been wanting to make a scrapbook page of it for a while.  

I've used the lyrics of 'In My LIfe' by the Beatles. I love this old song. It’s from Rubber Soul, the album I have many sweet memories from.... I heard it the other day and thought the lyrics are so appropriate for me. 

So I’ve had some fun over the last few days making this layout from the CSI (Colors, stories, inspiration) challenge. This was their ‘Case File’:
 I used all the colours in their palette.
Then from the ‘Evidence’ I used a solid black background, a circle, and used a sewing machine and a heat glue gun (Using electricity). I thought that the song lyrics would count as a music element. I only needed to choose two pieces of evidence but I got more....
The ‘Testimony’ I used (only one is needed)of course was using song lyrics to inspire my page.
Here are the lyrics, written by John Lennon:

There are places I’ll remember
All my life though some have changed
Some forever not for better
Some have gone and some remain
 All these places have their moments
 With lovers and friends I still can recall
 Some are dead and some are living
 In my life I've loved them all
But of all these friends and lovers
There is no one compares with you
 And these memories lose their meaning
When I think of love as something new
Though I know I'll never lose affection
 For people and things that went before
 I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
Though I know I'll never lose affection
For people and things that went before
I know I'll often stop and think about them
In my life I love you more
In my life I love you more

In My Life is a song from 1965. For those who weren’t around then and for those who can’t remember, here is the link to listen to the song: http://www.last.fm/music/The+Beatles/_/In+My+Life

I hope you enjoyed that song. 

That's it for today. Thank you for looking.

God bless and keep scrapping!

Lisca

2 comments:

li-bee-ti said...

As I commented on CSI, this is a wonderful tribute to your husband. And yes, he looks great in that kilt (great colors!).
I love your design, with the stitching all around, and the use of the cardboard. I also love the hearts :)
You've solved the case in a great way :).

Lynette Jacobs said...

Awesome page my friend. I love the words of the song. You really nailed this case file.