Tuesday, 22 September 2026

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 22 September 2026 - T for Germany, rain and fish lunch

Hello lovely peeps,
Today is tuesday and when you read this I will be on a bus to Malaga. (I have written this on Monday). I will be spending the night at my sisters' in Marbella. We have a lot to catch up, so I don't know if I have time for comments. But I will try on Wednesday.

My postcard for today comes from Germany and was sent (through Postcrossing) by Denise, who lives with her husband in the Harz mountains in the middle of Germany.

The the photo shows a real life scene in what is clearly Eastern Germany (Former DDR). I can tell by the cars. They were known as 'Renn pappe'. They were made of pressed cardboard coated with resin. I remember those although I didn't live in the DDR, they were also exported (can you believe!). 

The stamps are colourful and fun:

Especially the Mickey Mouse stamp at the top which celebrates 100 years of Disney films.

What has been happening here in Granada? Well we have had some much needed rain last week:
We could see it coming from afar.

Saturday my friend Antonia and I went to my cave house, which used to be our weekend bolt hole. Since my husband died I have hardly been there, but as it is in the middle of the countryside, I do have to occasionally check the place over. So we went there and cut the knee-high weeds as they are a fire hazard. Indoors I swept the place and put new mouse poison in every room. When that was done we decided to go for lunch.

We drove back into town and found a bar/restaurant. I drank an alcohol free beer as I was driving.


And we had a plate of 'cazón' (dog fish) to share:

And a plate of smoked fish:


My drink is visible in two photos and that will qualify me for the T-Party hosted by Elizabeth and Bluebeard.

Happy T-Day all!

Lisca


 


 

5 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

Oh, I rembmer the Rennpappen! I was a newbie in driving and you had to be soooooo careful! They came out of nowhere in very low speed... Cute stamps and yay for rain - have a happy T-Day.

CJ Kennedy said...

I like the fish stamp. It's the enjoyment of an aquarium without all the work. You deserve the outing with a friend after all that hard work. Happy T Day and Safe travels

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Sheesh, you would NOT want to be in accident driving one of those pressed-cardboard-and-resin cars -- what a deathtrap.

Enjoy your visit with your sister!

DVArtist said...

I have never heard of those cars. How interesting. The card and where is it staged is very new to me. However, not the kid playing in the water. I think that is something all kids do. The stamps are fun. Oh that food looks so good. Have fun with your sis.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

i once saw a show that featured those cars. I thought they were for kids. Learned midway though program they were for adults. Great postcard. Loved the Disney stamp.

If I had done all the things you did at that house, I would be covered with sweat and dirt. You look like you stepped out for the day. Thanks for sharing your food and two drinks with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca. Have fun on your trip.