Wednesday 2 October 2024

WOYWW 800 (!) - Wednesday 2 October 2024 - Happy 800th!! Also Second on the 2nd

Happy 800th!! Congratulations everyone!

You asked for my first ever WOYWW post? It was Wednesday the 3rd of September 2014.This post is also a Second on the 2nd for Elizabeth and Bluebeard, where we share a blogpost from the past.

Wednesday 3 September 201

WOYWW (officially linked for the first time) 3 Sept 2014

Hi peeps, Thank you for popping by. 
It's Wednesday and I’m doing WOYWW through the official link for the first time. I’ve read the instructions, and they seem pretty straightforward... (famous last words!)
This is what's on my desk:

An exciting little parcel arrived the other day. I’d ordered some cutting dies and embossing folders and they have arrived! The one I immediately wanted to play with is the Docrafts Xcut large dies. I got some that will make Christmas decorations. (Yes, I know I shouldn't mention the C-word). I lead a little craft workshop every Monday in the village and I'd like to do these decorations with my ladies.

I picked up the first piece of paper I could find just to try it out and here are the two I did. The green one is cardstock. I had tried paper first but that was too floppy and fiddly. 

The red one I managed to do with paper but next time I will use cardstock too for the same reasons. I really like them and already have some ideas how I could make them really pretty. Has anyone else got these? Please show us some pictures of what you did with them. That would be great.

The embossing folders are Christmassy as well and because they are not clearly visible I have quickly run them through the machine and inked them so you can see. 

Sorry, it’s not a clear photo. I would love to buy some Cordination cardstock but I haven’t been able to find any here in Spain yet, and having it sent over from UK costs more in postage than the price of the paper (because of the weight). I’ll keep on looking though.

Then last week I went shopping at Lidl (European supermarket) and they had this set of acrylic effects pastes for sale. That is another thing I find difficult to obtain in this country especially as I live in a rural area in the middle of nowhere! So I had to try them out on some stencils I have and I like them a lot so the other day I begged my DH to drive me back into town and I bought two more sets. I’m not sure whether I would use the gold a lot, but they say it’s coming back into fashion.....

I haven’t got a project on the go, as I’m doing a digital photo book at the moment which is taking up all my time.

I plan to use the photos from my previous blog (‘Almonds’) on a double page scrapbook layout next week. Let’s hope the CSI colour palette fits with the green of the trees as I love their challenges. (http://csicolorstoriesinspiration.ning.com/)

That’s it for today.

Thanks for looking.

God bless and.... keep scrapping!

No comments: