Saturday 2 March 2024

A Postcard A Day - Saturday 2 March 2024 - Second on the 2nd

 Hello, this is an old blogpost from 2016, and I'm joining Elizabeth and Bluebeard for Second on the 2nd:

TUESDAY 23 FEBRUARY 2016

A Postcard a Day - 23 Feb 2016 - T for coffee cups and almond blossom

Hi everyone! Happy Tuesday to you!

I've come to share a cuppa with you. And perhaps a cupcake or two....
(The Spanish translated: 'today is Tuesday and I'm passing by to say hi')

This was our breakfast this morning. We go and eat at a restaurant every Tuesday, so our Tuesday breakfasts are kept light. Yummy strawberries with quark.
My drink is a naughty Chai tea. Naughty because i am on a diet and I shouldn't have Chai  as this particular brand is sweetened.
I will be linking up with Elizabeth and Bluebeard for T for Tuesday. Please join us with a drink, any drink.


I just wanted to share the fact that the almond trees are in bloom. Always so beautiful and a herald to the spring. Every February I marvel at the sight of so many trees and blossom. Our whole area is full of almond trees. Spain is the world's largest producer of almonds with California a close second. 
I did not take this photo, but I wanted to show you what our country side looked like last week.

Now for my card:
This one comes from Latvia. (Near Estonia and Lithuania). The info on the card reads: "Set of dishes for coffee. Painted with motivs of Latvian national songs. Author: Tamara Meija (1913-?), 'M.S. Kuznecovs' Porcelain, Faience and Ceramic Factory".
Beautiful, isn't it.
It was sent to me by Zane, who is a fellow crafter. (female) and an amateur photographer.

Well, I'm going to have my shower now and get dressed. The restaurant is out of town, about half an hours drive. On the way we will pass a large supermarket and we'll do the shopping. Then we will pass at our holiday home to check the mail and see if the electricity is back on. (there was no power last week). After the meal out, we'll drive home again and it will be time for my embroidery class. I'm not going to get home until 7 pm tonight. (So sorry if I am late commenting...)

Happy T-day and have a great week,

Blessings,

Lisca

4 comments:

Iris Flavia said...

I have never seen an almond tree! Beautiful.
Wow you are busy, a good busy,enjoy,hugs

Anonymous said...

Almond blossom in February reminds me of Morocco - so beautiful! We just had a few hours of snow here in Bristol (UK) - on March 2nd - but rain is clearing it already. Keren

My name is Erika. said...

I like sweetened Chai tea too, and I know what you meant when you wrote about it beingnaughty-grin. And those almond trees are lovely in bloom. We don't have them in my area, so that was pretty to see. I hope you're having a great weekend and second on the second Lisca. hugs-Erika

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My internet has created a glitch, so I am running late visiting. I really LOVE that postcard. I adore the coffee service. It is beautiful. I remember the almond tree blossoms, and love that you shared that photo again with us, as well as your postcard as your second look on the 2nd, dear Lisca.