Saturday 2 September 2023

A Postcard A Day - Saturday 2 September 2023 - Second on the 2nd

 Hello lovely girls,

Elizabeth and Bluebeard invite us to post a blog post from the past, A post that has been published before. So here is my post from 4 September 2015:

A Postcard a Day 4 September 2015 Friday Smiles: actress, pussies and Labradorables

Good Morning! And hello Friday Smilers!

Have you all had a good week? I have had a lovely week. We went away in our campervan(RV) for two nights to the same camping we went to recently. We liked it so much we went back. All we did was relax. We read, puzzled, chatted, had nice meals, did Zentangles, played Rummicub, had a drink, collected pine cones, talked to the couple in the next van and generally had a good time.


Look at the size of the pine cones! (We collect them to light the fire with).
Now for my smiley postcard... no, the lady in question is certainly not smiling. But just looking at that sour face makes me smile:
Of course it's Margaret Rutherford! She was such an amazing actress! I like her as Miss Marple. Do any of you remember her? Or is it just me being old?

The card was sent to me recently by Birgit from Germany through Postcrossing. She must have seen in my profile that I love Black and white cards... Thank you Birgit.

If that didn't make you smile then these cuties might. I call them 'Labradorable':

I'll leave you with some words of wisdom:



That's it from me this Friday.

Have a good weekend all of you,

Blessings,

Lisca

3 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

What a fun look back, dear Lisca. It's actually a first look for me, since I had not "met" you yet.

I enjoyed seeing those pine cones. I brought several that large back with me from California one year. They sure make the ones here in Kansas look tiny.

I laughed at the postcard. Sorry, I am not aware of Margaret Rutherford. The Miss Marple I remember is Julia McKenzie from PBS tv. You may not get it in Spain.

When I first saw that cat carrier, I thought it was a sandbox. Of course, I had to laugh when I saw it was really a cat carrier. Thanks for this great second look on the 2nd, dear Lisca.

Mae Travels said...

I hope you are having a pleasant visit with your mother. I'm sure your presence is a great delight to her, despite her age and illness, and I wish you both well. This is a nice re-post from the past.
best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

My name is Erika. said...

Lovely second views Lisca. I am sure you are worried about your Mom but happy to be there. That is a great postcard you received too, and I do remember those Miss Marples. :) Happy weekend. hugs-Erika