Friday 29 October 2021

A Postcard A Day - Friday 29 October 2021 - Friday Smiles

 Hello lovely ladies, here we are on the last few days of October. How the year has flown! Here the tree leaves are starting to turn yellow, and the temperatures are lower than they were. I'm wearing long sleeved tops, and shoes in stead of sandals. In the evenings i can feel a chill.

My postcard today comes from Canada and shows beautiful autumn colours:

The person who sent me this card lives on a 25 acre organic farm in Ontario. They had 29 pigs outside over the summer and they had a German shepherd puppy. They don't say where this beautiful lake in the picture is.
The stamps are tiny.

But I can see a baby goat on the right and Northern lights on the left.

This blog is about the smiles of the week. Our biggest smile this week was an amazing hike on Sunday. It was not far from where we live as it was out walking club hosting this month's walk. The weather was gorgeous and we thoroughly enjoyed it. My husband was able to come along too.
We saw some beautiful scenery.

So what have we been up to this week?
Last Thursday hubby had an appointment with the oncologist, who told him bad news. The cancer is back and he needs another operation. 
That same evening we got visitors from Holland. My friend from my university days. We go back a long way. It was a welcome distraction.
On Friday my friend and I both went to the hairdresser for a hair cut, and later we went out for lunch.


One of our friends had brought us some parsnips from her garden and I quickly peeled, blanched and froze them.

Sunday was the hike. The weather was perfect and at the end there was a lovely meal.

Monday was an uninteresting day. I went to the gym, we did food shopping etc.

On Tuesday I went to the post office to collect my parcel. It was an ultra light down body warmer. I am quite chuffed with it. I had wanted one for a long time. (I had to wait as they are expensive).

On Tuesday evening I cooked pork to eventually make pulled pork for Wednesday.
I also made a cheese cake. I make that in advance so that it can set in the fridge overnight. As I make mine with gelatine.

Our friends came to practice some Spanish and mess around with computers and enjoy a meal together. Andy had made a focaccia bread and I had cooked asparagus and beetroot to go with the pulled pork. We had our meal outside on the terrace as it was lovely weather.

That was my week. 
As per usual I have a few funnies at the end. 
Do tell us your highlights and smiles, and we'll see each other at Annie's at A Stitch In Time.

Take care,
Keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca
















6 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

You had both a good and bad week, dear. Sorry to read about Graham. I hope they have caught it early and he gets the operation he needs.

You always make me hungry when I visit your blog. I haven't eaten today and as soon as I finish leaving you a comment, I'm going to find something quick to eat. I should NEVER visit your blog when I'm hungry.

So glad you and your friend from Portugal had a great time together and you got a great haircut together, too.

That's an amazing postcard. I love the autumn colors in it. Of course, I am a big fan of autumn. Those stamps are nice, too, especially the Northern Lights.

Those funnies are great and I laughed hard at the last one. Have a great rest of Friday and a wonderful weekend, dear Lisca.

mamapez5 said...

yes there is a definite chill in the air by the evening now. Your body warmer will stand you in good stead.
That focaccia looks amazing, as does your cheesecake.
I am glad you have a visit from old friends. The news about Graham is very sad. I saw it earlier on facebook. I hope he doesn't have to wait to long for his operation. Kate x

Lynn Holland said...

Oh crikey I’m sorry about the bad news. Give that man of yours a hug from me and have one yourself. I’m sending good vibes over the pond to you both.

I did chuckle at the funnies especially the chemical engineer one. So funny.
Im glad the weather is being kind to you. Here in Lancashire it’s howling wth wind and rain so definitely tights and boots weather
Lynn xx

Annie said...

Sending big hugs for Graham...really hoping they get him sorted very soon. It looks like you’ve had a busy week as always. You seem to make the most of every day. Love the funnies and can relate to several of them lol
Hugs,
Annie x

Felix the Crafty Cat said...

Hi, I am here at last just had a few distractions today. Loving your stamps and the gorgeous postcard too. You mentioned about the mole, they are about 18cm long and our one is back in the garden! They can certainly dig that is for sure. Looks like another busy week here and your hair looks great after it's trim and the new jacket is very you. I hope Graham gets an appointment soon. The weather here has been quite nice today and I even put some washing out. Loving the funnies, everyone needs a smile. Hugs, Angela xXx

Celtic house said...

So sorry about hubby, hope he isn't waiting long for the operation. As always a busy week, your cheesecake looks amazing it is years since I last made one, we have hugh winds in Yorkshire today which I'm never keen on, hopefully they will back off today, your meal outside sounds lovely too, hope you've had a good weekend and week ahead hugs xxxx