Tuesday 5 October 2021

A Postcard A Day - Tuesday 5 October 2021- T for tents, drinks and Cezanne

 

Hello lovely ladies! 

Here I am again, back from a week's holiday. We had a wonderful time and I am going to show you some photos too later. 

First off my postcard of today. It comes to me from the USA. In fact from Albany, NY.  It was sent by a lady called Lisa.

This is a painting by Paul Cezanne (1839-1906) called Still Life With Ginger jar And Eggplants (1893/94).

The stamps are gorgeous. The Forever stamp features this year's Lunar New Year's symbol. It is the ox. 

The year of the ox started on the 12th of February this year and will end on January 31 2022. 

We have just come back from a lovely holiday in the Parque Natural Cabo De Gata. It's two hours drive from where we live. We stayed on a camp site (Los Escullos) with our little tent:


Yes, all the plots were shaded. It gets very hot there. We had also rented a fridge from them:

We went for long walks, read books, went out for meals and generally relaxed. Hubby had brought his practice piano:


You see the toilet block in the distance (I wanted to be near a toilet).

Here is the toilet block in a better photo. There are showers, washing up and laundry facilities. All very well appointed.
We discovered our camp site was not far from a village where we had had a meal some years before. Hubby suggested we walk to the village, have lunch and then walk back. So we did.
It was a long way:


This is the village (La Isleta) a little closer by..
And here is the restaurant:

I had a fish dish of course:
And a fantastic view of the sea:

Of course this is also my qualifier for the T-Party: A bottle of water and hubby's alcohol free beer.

Elizabeth and Bleubeard host a T-Party every Tuesday. Anyone can join, all you need is a beverage or a reference to a beverage. 

There will be more about our holiday next week, but before I go I have a funny which Erika will appreciate I think:

That is all from me today.

Have a very happy T-Day! And of course a good week too.

Hugs,

Lisca












18 comments:

kathyinozarks said...

Hi Lisca, I think it is so cool you and your husband went camping-looks like they provided a nice bath area too. Your food looks yummy!
Enjoyed seeing the sea views. had to laugh at the funny-haha Happy T wishes Kathy

My name is Erika. said...

This looks like a lovely get away Lisca. The ocean and coastal scenery is really beautiful. It's nice you were able to escape for a few days. Nice you can rent a refrigerator too. I have never seen that. And I did have a good laugh at that boat photo. That person is really in trouble, and obviously isn't an experience boater-smile. Thanks so much for sharing that. Have a great T day Lisca and a nice week. Hugs-Erika

Linda Kunsman said...

what a great vacation away! Everything looks well cared for and clean too and I would also like to be close to the toilet block;)
Wonderful yummy looking meal with that beautiful view.
Beautiful postcard, and the stamps are always a bonus aren't they...
Nice funny to end with:) Happy T day!

Carola Bartz said...

What a lovely get away! I love camping, but our tent is even smaller than yours (more like a backpacker tent) and It's getting too uncomfortable for me to get in and out. I hope we'll buy a bigger one because I'd love to go camping again. I have never heard than you can rent a fridge for a campsite - great idea. I like the shade over all the campsites, it certainly helps with the heat. Your fish dish looks delicious.

Mae Travels said...

Your little vacation looks delightful. Being near the sea is always a pleasure.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Iris Flavia said...

Your little tent made me laugh. Think we had a mini-tent then, back in the day (1995, when we were still young).
Wow, you really had warm weather! The toilet block looks good.

How? The tide rolling in too fast?! The man looks so calm! Reckon it´s not his car...
Funny, happy T-Day. Hugs, sounds like a great holiday and I look forward to more :-)

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Enjoyed the wonderful postcard and I have some of those stamps.

I learned years ago, I'm not fond of camping. I prefer my creature comforts. Looks like you had a nice set up at that camp, though. The "facilities" look quite clean, too. So glad you enjoyed your time away. I'm sure it must have been pleasurable to be near the sea.

Your fish dish looked good, and I'm sure it was after having to walk so far for it. Thanks for sharing the postcard, your vacation, your walk into town, and your meal with beer and water with us for T this Tuesday, dear Lisca.

Valerie-Jael said...

The postcard and stamps are beautiful. Glad you enjoyed your camping, something I don't like at all. But you were at a nice place, and good toilets and washing facilities are very important. And good to have them nearby. Your food looks fantastic, yummy! Happy T day, hugs, Valerie

J said...

The campsite looks lovely and a gorgeous place to have lunch by the sea too. You had probably walked off your lunch by the time you arrived back at the campsite!!!
We always had a caravan as we've never fancied a tent!
Lovely postcard and stamps too
Happy T Day Lisca
Jan

Anne (cornucopia) said...

Great postcard and stamps. Those area photos are beautiful. I chuckled at your funnies.

nwilliams6 said...

Looks like a fab getaway and the food looks yum! What a gorgeous view of the water and your walk looks like it was a treat and right up your alley! I might go camping if I could be that close to the bathroom and rent a fridge and be by the ocean - fab place. Happy T-day Lisca.

That boat picture is funny!!! Love the stamps too.

Let's Art Journal said...

So pleased to hear that you had a lovely holiday! Your photos looks amazing and I love your seafood platter - yum 😁. Great postcards too! Happy T Day! Hugs Jo x

Divers and Sundry said...

What a wonderful spot for a get-away! That meal would suit me perfectly :) Delicious! Happy T Tuesday

DVArtist said...

I am glad you had such a nice time. The food looks amazing. OMG the guy and the boat. He needs a lesson or two or three. LOL

CJ Kennedy said...

The Year of the Animal stamps are really gorgeous. I love the colors and have some Year of the Rat from last year. Nice camping grounds and your holiday sounded very relaxing. A long walk, but your meal and the view look like it was worth the stretch of the legs. The guy and the boat is very funny. Happy T Day

Kate Yetter said...

Oh wow! What a beautiful place to visit. I love that your hubby brought his piano along. Your meal looks delicious!
Love the postcard! How fun that it came from NY. We used to live in Albany, New York.
Thanks for sharing photos from your trip.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate

Empire of the Cat said...

Looks like a beautiful place to camp, and the weather! Also love the Year of the Ox stamps, funnily enough, I was looking for special stamps today in the post office but they had none. Happy T Day! Elle/EOTC xx

pearshapedcrafting said...

Fabulous postcard and stamps. the campsite looks great and brings back happy memories of camping with my boys(and Ex hubby) . T has never camped and doesn't want to start - not sure whether I would still like it. Your food and drink look good! Love that funny - I wonder when he realised??? Belated Happy T day, Chrisx