Friday 11 May 2018

A Postcard A Day - Friday 11 May 2018 Friday Smiles - nature photos and some yumminess

Good morning! I have been retired for several years now, but I still wake up on Friday thinking: It's nearly weekend!

Let me show you some postcards from my collection that i have sent this week. 
The first one is a strange fantasy image "Ixtlan Airlines" by a Russian artist called Alex Andreev

The next one will make your mouth water! It is from the same Russian source where I buy my postcards. 
Lovely chocolate! These two postcards are on their way to Germany and Belarus.

Remember i told you that I went to a macro photography workshop in the mountains. Well in the afternoon we went for a walk and I spotted trees that I thought were diseased:

But someone told me those are the holes that the woodpeckers make. There were many trees like that.
I do love old trees and this gnarled specimen got my attention:
There were large bushes of rosemary, some of them came to my shoulder (admittedly I am 5 ft nothing, but nevertheless, that is a large bush)
Many were flowering:
I think the yellow bush is gorse:
There was an abandoned hamlet, with houses without roofs. That is interesting as I could see the floor plan of the house from above. (They are so tiny!)
There are still traces of blue paint they used to paint their houses with.

Now here are a funny, a cake for Annie and something to think about (Not necessarily in that order):

OK, I'm going to visit Annie at A Stitch In Time and Virginia at Rocking Your Week Friday. Why don't you come and visit too with something that made you smile this week!

Wishing everyone a wonderful weekend,
Keep smiling,
Hugs,
Lisca

6 comments:

  1. Ha Ha is that your kitty? Too cute.
    Great postcards again, and I loved those trees too and wow the rosemary bush-had no idea it could grow that large.
    Happy Friday-hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it is not our kitty, although he/she looks very much like ours. I just thought this was a funny image. Cats do choose the silliest places to rest. (rest?)

      Delete
  2. Those trees are pretty amazing. I love old craggy trees too. I wonder what the woodpeckers actually look like, but there must be a lot of them there are so many holes. :) It looks pretty where you live. Hope you have a great weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old trees too and especially ones with toadstools and fungi growing on them. I love your photos. The sewing machine cake is amazing....but not quite as amazing as the new sewing machine I picked up from the shop yesterday and have really enjoyed putting it to good use today to make another memorybear with 😀😀😀😀
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisca, I have to say that sewing machine cake is brilliant and so well made. Old trees are so interesting, even my Bonsai take on real character as they age. The abandoned hamlet is great, what a find. Loving the postcards too. thanks for the visit over at mine and wishing you a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The postcards are fab, the woodpecker tree is amazing - it's a wonder it is still standing!

    The funnies always make me smile!

    I hope you have a great weekend and week ahead

    ReplyDelete