Friday 30 December 2016

A Postcard >A Day - Friday 30 Dec 2016 - Friday Smiles

Hi peeps! It's nearly the end of the year and I'm sure everyone comments on how fast the years go by and how it seemed like yesterday that is was New Year's Day 2016.

I like to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time to share a smile:
 This is my 2 yr old grandson (in Italy) trying to make the photographer's life difficult by not posing.
But the result were some spontaneous photos.

I also like to link up with Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday where we look back on the past week. But I must say that we haven't been anywhere, haven't done anything (how boring that must sound) but:
I have been sitting by the fire with a good book, or knitting my socks or I have been baking some yummy stuff. (25% of the time.... it seems the other 75% I have spent at the computer! lol!)

My postcard for today comes from Russia and has beautiful stamps on it:
The stamp on the left represents the bridge over the Irtysh river in a series of architecture stamps. The other two are hats from the series Headdresses of the Russian North. The one on the right is called a 'povoy' and the one on the left is simply 'winter hat'.

The card was sent to me by Alice from Molotov, which she says is now called Perm City.

It is a painting of a door on a wall. I call it 'street art'. I love doors and windows, and although this one is not the prettiest door, it is fun. The sender didn't know that I am a fan of street art. My biggest Pinterest page is on street art. 

One of my favorite street artists is David Zinn. He paints tiny animals/creatures .

Here are a few. I hope they make you smile:

That is all from me today. I wish everyone a very 
happy and healthy 2017!

Keep Smiling,
PS some more David Zinn.


  1. I love the photos of your gorgeous grandson Lisca....what a cutie he is. The street art is amazing....I couldn't make the last pics enlarge big enough to see so I will look him up on the web.
    Thanks for linking up each week....I really do value your friendship. Let's hope 2017 is a good one for smiles.
    Annie x

  2. Your grandson is gorgeous Lisca, what a little poser! Great street art, will have to have a better look at that. Best wishes for the New Year and lets hope lots more smiles too. Angela xXx

  3. I love love love the street art and a quiet week is something to celebrate - like you said no dramas etc. I hope you have a fabulous weekend and week ahead much love

  4. I never heard of David Zinn but wow- he work is very cute (and clever) I really enjoyed seeing it! Lisca your grandson is adorable, and I think those spontaneous photos are the best. Have a wonderful new year! Hugs-Erika

  5. The pictures of your grandson are adorable.... And thanks for introducing David Zinn to us, never heard of him but I sure love his little drawings. Sounds to me like a wonderful way of spending your time, sitting by the fire with a good book :-) Wishing you a joyous ride into the new year, dear Lisca ...

  6. Your grandson is the born poser .. such wonderful photos with him! A cutie!!!
    And this street art is just ADORABLE!
    Happy New Year dear Lisca!
    oxo Susi