Hello lovely peeps, I'm going to show you what made me smile this weeK. Well, a lot of things have made me smile, but I haven't taken photos of everything.
I did get a postcard from Japan with ice cream on it.
It was sent by Hisane, who was also a palliative care nurse (like me) and said she used to give her patients ice cream.
She has used many stamps, all with an animal on it.
I'm going to write something about each stamp. If you are not interested, please just scroll down. I have some funnies at the end.
1969 First Day Cover YEAR OF THE DOG:
The stamp next to it shows a tiger:
1998: Year of the Tiger: January 28, 1998 – February 15, 1999 (Earth Tiger)
Then underneath is another tiger.
1986:Another Year of the Tiger: February 9, 1986 – January 28, 1987 (Fire Tiger)
Japan Post Co. announced on Jan. 28 that it will issue limited-edition 1-yen stamps based on a design using the company's "cute" character "Posukuma" from April 14, 2021.
Posukuma is the cuddly bear mascot of Japan Post — the post office for Japan. This is a Japanese children's picture book highlighting the day-to-day of Posukuma, who loves honey toast and delivering handwritten letters!
It features an Ezo snow rabbit designed by Kaifuchi Junko.
Below an lovely First Day Cover:
Phew, that were a lot of stamps.
Let's go to something else. I was looking through the photos of my recent visit to Istanbul and I found this photo of a girl's bag. It made me smile.
She was waiting at the pedestrian crossing in front of me and I saw her bag.
Another thing that makes me smile is my cleaner. She comes once a week and cleans my little flat in a couple of hours. She does a really good job:
My cat Ronnie is an older cat and not really into toys. I have a drawer with cat toys and every now and then I will get something out to see if I can tempt him with something to play with:
I think he was a little surprised when he found a 'window':
It's Thursday evening and I am going to get ready for the annual charity walk through the village. Of course it happens at night as during the day it will be too hot to walk. I'll be home around midnight, so photos Tuesday or next Friday.
15 comments:
Palliative care nurse sounds like a very, very tough job.
In our Mum´s last weeks we were allowed to visit as long as we wanted, not the usual 20 minutes and the male nurse told us... we are the only vistors. Most only come to pick up the "rest" when the patient is gone.
And he looked so sad, saying this.
Fun stamps! Love the first tiger, reminds me of Perth. To Protons!
And Ronnie, so cute.
Hope you had fun on your walk.
Thanks for the chuckles!
Lisca, I enjoyed seeing such colorful stamps so thanks for sharing. Being a palliative care nurse must have required such inner strength to be able to comfort others. You and your postcrossings friend are indeed special women.
I love those stamps and your cat Ronnie's sweet face!
The proton back is brilliant. Having a cleaner is something my sister has and I do envy her. Ronnie's face at finding the hole in the tunnel is funny. I hope you've had a good week. Hugs
OMGosh Lisca, I'm cracking up at your funnies. Especially the penis one. I have to say that when I was in Japan, the ice cream there is exceptional! What a nice card and all of the stamps with so many faces. It is also nice that Hisane gave ice cream to her patients. Your flat is very nice. I would love to have someone come in just to dust. LOL Ronnie is so cute. Thank you for sharing with FFO and have a fabulous weekend.
Thanks for the smiles
...like a proton, stay positive, amen sister!
Hi, Lisca! I really enjoyed your post. The stamps were fun, and the funnies were hilarious. Ronnie is so cute. When you said you lived in a cave house, I imagined something quite different. Happy weekend!
Hi Lisca, that's a great collection of stamps. Thanks for the visit to mine, that is an agricultural show and I'll be showing you some of the outdoor stuff next week. Just the inside today. Lucky you having a cleaner, I did when I was working. Ronnie looks great in his tunnel that's a perfect cat toy. I don't know where you get these funnies from but they made me smile....well some of them Lol! Have a great weekend, hugs Angela X P.S. think of me, I'm doing my housework tomorrow Lol! X
Aren't you lucky. My dream is to be able to afford someone to clean my house and mow my yard. I can dream at least!!
Loved seeing the stamps on the postcard. Some are unique, some rather cutsy.
What a great bag. I want to think positive, too.
LOVED seeing Ronnie with that cat tunnel. You may have found the perfect toy for him.
Enjoyed the funnies. My favorite was the boy and the priest. Happy FFO, Lisca.
I like those stamps. They definitely look very Japanese or Japanese style. The proton bag is a great saying. When I was during my husband's kidney transplant one of my classes made me a card with that saying. I'm glad to see it's universal. Thanks for the smile with Ronnie's face popping out of the tube. That's a great photo. And thanks for the story of your family reunion. That's a huge reunion. It's too bad your mother couldn't make it, but that is a long trip, but I bet you had a great time. Have a super weekend and hope the walk went well. hugs-Erika
Those Japanese stamps are beautiful and look very special. I didn't know that you were a palliative care nurse - I think you need a lot of inner strength for that. I would love to have a cleaning lady come in once a week or every other week. Ronnie is too cute looking out of that tunnel.
The front of the house has windows, but the rest is built into the cliff. That is why I have so many stairs and a back door at the top that exits out onto street level.
Our job was to make the most of what was left of a patient's life, socially, psycologically and physically. We were specialized in symptom/pain control and generally had loads of fun with our patients as we got to know them quite well (and their families). I have also been a midwife earlier in my career. I felt privileged to be with people at those important moments in their life (at the beginning and at the end).
Our job was to make the most of what was left of a patient's life, socially, psycologically and physically. We were specialized in symptom/pain control and generally had loads of fun with our patients as we got to know them quite well (and their families). I have also been a midwife earlier in my career. I felt privileged to be with people at those important moments in their life (at the beginning and at the end).
Post a Comment