Friday 30 October 2020

A Postcard A Day - Friday 30 October 2020 - Friday Smiles

 Good morning lovely ladies!

How are you all? It's Friday again and time to look back on the week and count our blessings and show you what made us smile this week.

Usually my first smile is a postcard that has come through the door. But as we are moing from downstairs to upstairs, the scanner hasn't been set up yet so I have no photos of the cards that came in this morning. But I do have some cards that I sent to other people in the club. Some people like maps, so I always have some map card on hand.

Here is our province of Granada. We live in Caniles, which is near the bull's tail. As you can see we are on the edge of the province and when we drive down the road, we end up in the Almeria province.

Here is a similar card with the Almeria province on it. There is a lot more coastline in Almeria, and our blog friend Kate lives in this province.


How has your week been? My week has been super busy and I am absolutely shattered, because we have been moving from down stairs to upstairs and that is four storeys!
We started with justr sleeping upstairs.....
Saturday I went walking with my friend and we came by the herb place. They were distilling lavender and the smell was lovely as you can imagine.
Then  hubby and I went to a friend who lives in the hills with lots of horses, to collect manure.

We managed to fill the trailer and two large sacks in the car. It was gone 3 pm when we got back, so we had lunch at the Kiosko bar near our house.
On Sunday morning we went to the 'rastro', a sort of car boot sale. Hubby had told me there was a young lady that made (fake) bonsais that he liked, so we went to say hello to her and we bought one of her banzais. She sculpts the bottom and the green bits are live moss.

On Monday we went to our cave house. I took some left over paste with sauce, made a cheese sauce and stuck it in the oven to make 'pasticcio'. Very nice., 
Virginia had recommended a stove fan, so i decided to get one. It is activated by the heat and it helps distribute the warmth evenly through the room in stead of straight up to the ceiling (hot air rises). We felt the difference and we are very pleased. Thank you Virginia!

On Tuesday we found ourselves in our cave house in the country. When we are there we always go to this restaurant. There aren't many people as Granada city is in lockdown. (no passing trade).

On Wednesday we met the couple that temporarily is coming to live with us. She is an artist and she and her husband have a 4 year old boy. The have a house out in the sierra, a long drive over mountainous dirt tracks. The school run is a night mare and they are looking for something to rent in the village.

As this couple is going to stay with us for a while, we need to vacate the bottom flat. All our summer clothes (which we usually leave down there), all the books, all the pantry items and all personal stuff needed to be carried upstairs. It was a tiring day. I must say that the husband came to help us for a few hours that morning. 

That was my week. Very exhausting, but I hope the couple can move in on Saturday. 

The other news is that we are heading for a lock down. We are now no longer allowed to travel without a good reason. We have to stay in our village and there are road blocks everywhere. It doesn't effect us much as we don't go out much. The shops as well as my pantry are well stocked.

I'll leave it at that as I need to go to bed now. 
There will be some funnies at the end as per usual.
Have a lovely weekend and a good week.
I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time, and with Virginia at Rocking Your Week Friday.
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca

















9 comments:

  1. You had quite a week. Lots of moving and carrying. Sorry to read you are in lockdown again. We should be, but of course, that isn't going to happen. If you can't get out, how will your friends get in so they can move into the lower part of your home?

    You always make me hungry when I visit. Food always looks great in your photos, Lisca.

    LOVED a few funnies, like the trumpkin, the artist at the beach (GRIN), the church in SC, and the hunter sleeping. I also liked the one where the cat wants to move out. Bleubeard can relate. Have a super Friday and great weekend, dear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, that curry looks yummy! And the stove-fan sure is a clever idea - I´ll tellmy Brother, they have such a stove, too.
    Beautiful sunsets. celebrate today is a good idea.
    Wow, you managed really a lot this week, time for smiles!
    The last one will hopefully come true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been busy!! I'm glad you have a well stocked pantry even if it meant carrying it up 4 flights of stairs. I totally saw a beach in that car bumper, and I definitely a vacation! Lot's of great food in your photos, and a lavender distillery sounds heavenly ~ Much better then the manure you hauled. I loved all the funnies ~ thanks for the smiles this am ~ I hope you can get a little rest now and enjoy the weekend! Love, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisca. I don't know how you manage it all so busy again. I enjoyed looking at the map of Spain, it brought back memories. Years ago we drove from the Benalamadena area to Almeria and I can say it's a lot further than it appears on the map but it's a lovely area. Loving your fake Bonsai, bet it's less work to look after than my lot. The funnies are brilliant too. Have a lovely safe weekend. Hugs, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love catching up with your busy life over there...you sure do fit a lot in. the funnies had me chuckling as always.
    stay safe both of you.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  6. trumpkin is so true, love the jokes and thanks for those.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thyought you must be having an easier time than us when I saw you still have a rastro. Our market is closed again. But I see you are going into lockdown now too.
    I like your map postcards. There is lots on them for the recipients to look at.
    You still have more opportunities than us to eat out. We really only have one restaurant in the village now and they have very limited opening hours, though they do offer takeaways. But mostly I cook myself, as I have plenty of time on my hands.
    I saw the beach not a car door!
    I hop your guests/tennents settle in well. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi again. Saw your question about the Gnome. That was my hubby on top of the tree. Oh and don't worry I don't let the dogs anywhere near the toadstools in the park. It's strange but they only appear about every three years and always in the same place. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. We've got another lockdown announced tonight. I'm so glS the stove fan has proved beneficial welcome ours. I hope your new lodgersbetmoved in OK. Hope you have a good week ahead xxxx

    ReplyDelete