Friday 2 October 2020

A Postcard A Day - Friday 2 October 2020 - Friday Smiles



Hello lovely girls, 

(If you came to visit Second on the 2nd, then  go to then please go to the previous post.)

It's  Friday again and I'm here to tell you what made me smile this week. As we have been on holiday, there was a lot to smile about. It is Thursday night and we have not long come home from a few days' holiday in the northern part of the Malaga province in southern Spain.  

I haven't yet been to the post office to empty my mail box, so I'm showing a postcard I have had for a few months. It comes from Germany, and was sent by someone called Martin.


The card shows a painting by Vincent van Gogh (1853-1890). It is called The Yellow Books 1887. (Not one of his best I must confess. But very colourful.)

The stamp is the magnificent Marienplatz underground station in Munich.

So, what has my week been like:

Friday we went to the notary to sign some documents. The lawyer was late and we had to wait 3 hours. No, not funny, very boring. We treated ourselves to a nice lunch in a bar we had not been to yet. I had a bagel with salmon and avocado. Yummy!

On Saturday, we spent some time in the campo (out on our plot). The dogs belong to the lady who owns the plot next to ours. 
On Sunday I baked a cake to take to our worship group.
On Monday it was anchors away for our holiday. Well, no boats in sight: we drove. After three and a half hours west we ended up at the North entrance of the Caminito del Rey (a vertinigous walk through a ravine), where we had booked a hotel.
We did the actual walk on Tuesday. It was amazing!
On Wednesday morning we did another walk and in the afternoon we visited Setenil de las Bodegas, which has houses and shops built against and under the rocks. 
Yesterday we visited the karst formation at La Torcal (near Antequera). That was fantastic too. There were several routes marked and we donned our walking boots and did one of the walks.
Here are a few more photos:
The animal is the Iberian Ibex (mountain goat).
Another ibex at the bottom of this photo.


We really had a fantastic holiday, with perfect weather (not too hot), lots of walks and fresh air, and not too many people around so keeping a social distance was not difficult.
I will show more photos on my blog this Tuesday. 

Now it's off to Annie at A Stitch In Time and to Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday.

As per usual, I will show you some funnies at the end.

Have a lovely weekend peeps,
Stay safe,
Hugs,
Lisca
























7 comments:

  1. So glad to see you had a great holiday....as you say good food, good company and good service....perfect. I did think you were describing yourself as a little mountain goat for a moment then I realised I was looking at the wrong photo :-) Love the funnies.
    We are off to Cornwall tomorrow for the week so I [and the link] will be missing next Friday.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you! What a wonderful get away ~ Great food, weather, exercise, sights and animals ~ it's terrific to see it all! Loved the funnies and needed some silliness today ~ Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisca I love your collage photos very much. and I really like the Van Gogh painting-I have not seen that one before.
    Great funnies-had me smiling glad you had some vaca time
    hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed you did the Camino de Rey. I love the look of it but I'm not sure I could do it now. The other places you visited look really interesting too. You must have some super photos.
    I love the white cat in the funnies. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so lucky that you are able to have a holiday and very brave too, guess you must have found a safe place to stay. I know we'll not get a holiday as we need to protect my mum so need to look after us too. The funnies were great I am in need of some smiles at the moment. Have a lovely weekend, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah your holiday looks fantastic and the weather was perfect definitely a win win. Love the funnies this week particularly the fairy story ones, have a fabulous weekend and week ahead

    ReplyDelete
  7. 3 hours?! Did he at least have a good excuse? LOL, that is some carrot!
    Amazing sights, looks like a very fun week.

    Oh, I dread winter. The shops will be superhot and we have to wear a mask...
    Thank you for the smiles. Especially the dog. Hubby once brought a pig-ear for his parent´s dog. She farted endlessly and had to stay on the balcony...

    ReplyDelete