Friday 19 January 2018

A Postcard A Day - Friday 19 Jan 2018 - Friday Smiles

Hello lovely people,
How are you all today? I hope you have been spared the dreaded 'lurgy'. 
I have lots to smile about this week. First of all I'm feeling much better. Since Wednesday really, I am functioning normally. I've been ill since the beginning of December and was really getting a bit fed up. So praise God, I am much better.

Yesterday I spent the day in my craft room again and did another double page with photos of one of our trips last year. It's wonderful to potter about and craft. Smiles all day!

The name of the place/city is Cartagena.
A beautiful city. We liked it very much. I found out that there was a mining museum nearby and on the photo bottom left you can see us donning our hard hats before the tour through the mines.
We had to book a tour and on the day we joined a group of 15 people. Unfortunately there wasn't a guide that spoke English, and a year ago my Spanish was a lot more limited, so that was a shame. But as I'm a geologist, I did understand quite a bit just by looking at the rock and listening and then putting two and two together as they say.

Wednesday was an exciting day as my cooker arrived. That certainly made me smile! 
My hubby is building a ground floor flat under our house and we have got as far as the kitchen. The carpenter has built and put in the units and now the cooker has arrived:
It is a simple gas cooker with a gas oven too. Electricity is very expensive here and in winter very unrelyable. We try to use as little power as possible. Our hot water comes from solar panels. Luckily the sun shines every day, but for those few days a year that it doesn't there is an immersion heater built in.
We are now waiting for the granite work tops and then said kitchen will be operational.
This is what it looks like from a distance:
The floor is tiled but the tiles look like wood.
This is the front door:
The outside still needs a lot of work, but the door is in.
As it is Friday Smiles I will find some funnies and link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time.

Well, they are not really funny, but animal pictures that made me smile...


 This is a baby flamingo at its mother's feet.

Perhaps we could coin a new expression....'cool as a crow'.

That is it from me for today. Have a really nice weekend,
Blessings,
Lisca

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what great photos today. First, your craft room is now getting a lot of use, and second your first floor kitchen is really taking shape. How awesome. It's really wonderful when you know what you want, and I think you knew exactly what you wanted when you and your husband designed the kitchen. I LOVE those tiles, too. They DO look like wood.

    I really liked the photo of the baby flamingo. How unique and different. I had NO idea the size difference when they were small. Hope you have a great Friday and weekend, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wahooooo it’s so good to hear you’re feeling better. These bugs take some shifting don’t they? It’s good to see you’ve been crafting....love your pages. Your kitchen looks really lovely....it’s lovely to share your excitement of all the different stages and watching it develop. Your ‘funnies’ made me smile too....oh to be as cool as a crow 😀 Hope you have a great day full of smiles.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lisca, this is a quick visit today has I have things to do but pleased to hear you are feeling well and things are moving along. have a great weekend and I'll be back later for a better look at your photos, Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your lovely comment on my blog Lisca! Happy to hear you have a Graham too :-)
    Your photos and pages are wonderful! It looks beautiful in your part of the world, and the places you have visited.
    Wishing you a happy weekend,
    Alison xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. good morning, I enjoyed all of your photos-your kitchen will be amazing when finished-and I love love those tiles that look like wood. and so happy to read you are feeling much better now, and crafting is so good for us. you always share such amazing traveling adventures.
    Love the smile photos too--Happy Weekend Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you are feeling better Lisca. I am getting there but need another week or two to be fully right.
    The flat is coming along very well. Graham is such a hard worker isn't he. I like the wood-effect tiles on the floor. A very nice touch.
    You found some lovely animal pictures to share this week. The crow on the eagle is amazing. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad you are feeling better, I know a lot of people that have been poorly for an age with the lurgy. Wow a geologist, I didn't know that was your career - amazing! The flat is looking fabulous and I love love love your scrapbook layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello. Sorry you have been poorly but good to hear you are improving. Several family members have been poorly with the flu :-( Your flat looks as though it will be very comfortable. Do you have plans for it's use? The animal photos made me smile. Anne x

    ReplyDelete