Friday 20 October 2017

A Postcard A Day - Friday 20 October 2017 - Friday Smiles

Today is Friday and I'd like to tell you what made me smile this week. And perhaps I can make you smile too with a few funnies.


I've started my Postcrossing again. While we were travelling I put it on hold for a couple of months, but now I have seven postcards ready to send. They are going to Belarus, Poland, Germany, USA, Russia, China and France. Two recipients mentioned that they love horses, so I am sending these ones:


Dressage is a big thing here in Andalucia. It is beautiful to watch. It's like the horses are dancing. The other card is Diego Ventura, the famous rejoneador (a mounted bullfighter) practicing in the bullring complex in Ronda.
So what has made me smile this week? Certainly the weather. We've had rain! It rained twice, though not enough. But it's a start. The drought has lasted so long. The soil is hard and dry and crakced.


Last week I mentioned that they were improving our Little lane behind the house. Well a few days ago (before the rain) they cemented the surface. Because the Street is not suitable for a lorry to come up on, they have the cement mixer lorry, on a nearby road, on a lower level. That has a contraption with a remote controlled hose, and then they pump the cement through that. The chap in the photo is just squirting it in the right place.
It looks very neat now. We are very pleased.


That is it from me today. I'm going to link up with Annie at A Stitch In Time, hoping she had a fab holiday in the sun.
And of course I also usually link up with Virginia at Rocking Your Week Friday.


I'll leave you with some giggles (at the end)
Have a great week and keep smiling!
Hugs,
Lisca


Now for some funnies.... Here are some babies and nappy situations:


5 comments:

  1. Those postcards with the horses are incredible. I liked both. I know the recipients will, too.

    What a feat to pave that road. You must be really happy now.

    Those babies are funny. Seems babies will always garner a smile or a laugh. Happy Friday Smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the postcards. Those horses are so beautiful and amazing to watch.
    The funnies really got me chuckling...just brilliant.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That are fabulous funnies today. :) And you must be happy to have your road finished. I love how narrow it is. Can you get 2 cars going in different directions? Happy weekend. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah the lane is looking fabulous now! Loving the funnies as always! I hope you have a fabulous weekend and week ahead.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your postcards are wonderful, I'm sure that the recipient will love it too! Thanks for the smiles and wishing you a Happy Friday and Weekend! J 😊

    ReplyDelete