Friday 26 May 2017

A Postcard A Day - Friday 26 May 2017 - Friday Smiles

Gosh it's Friday already. Where did the week go!!
We've not done anything in particular, but still I'm busy every day and the week just flies!


I haven't received many cards this week, mainly because I am behind sending cards. (If I don't send them, I don't receive any).


This one arrived last week from Russia. It is quite sweet.



My week has been a week behind the sewing machine. I am by no means a good sewer. Wrong word: a good seamstress, but I can just about sew in a straight line. I shortened two pairs of trousers and two tops that were too long (I'm petite so everything I buy is always too long). I repaired two pillow cases that had ripped. And I sewed two fly screens together to cover the double doors to the terrace. I buy them at Lidls. The two parts have little magnets that will close the curtain as soon as you have walked through. Very handy. I had them last year too. I bought a new set as they have improved the adhesive and are now supplied with 5.60 meters of Velcro. Happy days!
I buy two for the double doors and sew them together. Simples.


My lovely hubby has constructed a carport this week. He bought the iron bars and started painting them black, when he accidently knocked over a 5 litre pot of black paint!



And he got himself quite messy too, trying to mop it up (imposible of course).



No I didn't shout at him. These things happen. We both laughed about it after hubby had got rid of his frustration. The roof terrace is not a terrace that we often use.

Last week I finished a good book: Brainrush by Richard Bard:


It's a thriller with a paranormal twist. The protagonist is the very likeable Jake, a young 'surfer dude' who is  diagnosed with a brain tumor. When an earthquake hits while he is having an MRI scan, he comes out brain enhanced. Then an Italian 'baddie'  wants to use those super powers for his own agenda. Set in USA, Venice and Afghanistan. There is lots of excitement, fast paced action and of course a love interest. I loved it.


Now for some funnies as I am going to link with Annie at A Stitch In Time. They are all wine related:
Don't worry, I haven't taken to the bottle. We have had many laughs this week. And these photos made me smile.


Next Friday I will be in Holland visiting my mum. (I'm flying out on Thursday night, so I will try to cobble a blog post together for Friday morning).


Linking up with Virginia at Rocking Your World Friday too.

Have a good week and keep smiling!,
Hugs,
Lisca


7 comments:

  1. They say there's no point crying over spilled milk...but black paint? I'm not so sure. Really glad you could laugh about it. I bet it took a lot of cleaning up. Your funnies really got me chuckling esp how wine was made. It gives another meaning to getting p****d ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lisca. I saw the trousers you altered earlier in the week, they looked good. I'm surprised though that you can't get shorter ones in Spain as many of the ladies there seem quite short. Oh my, I hope you manage to get rid of that paint but you're right as you say it happens. Loving your funnies this week too. Have a great time away. Happy weekend too. Angela xXx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think life is about a lot of "what did I do" moments and it flying by. My life seems to be like that- it is suddenly the end of another week and what did I do? Enjoy your trip to Holland. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisca,

    Tee hee. I had to laugh about your sewing! I've had a simple sewing machine for years and finally got it out! I had to take a sewing class to do so - we made a pillowcase. I was tickled pink with how it came out.

    The book sounds very interesting. I just started reading one by Louise Penny which is set in Canada. I'm traveling there in October so thought reading some novels taking place in the area appropriate.

    Oh, the wine photos crack me up! At first I was oblivious to the signs in the wine department though.

    Your poor husband. It looks as if he was tarred. I hope he was able to get the paint off of him (and the tiles). Good for you for being able to laugh with him afterwards! That's true spousal support.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've taken to sewing this week too, I'm making shorts for my hubby ๐Ÿ˜€. Those fly screens look great and I do hope your hubby managed to remove the paint that he was covered in - eek! The funnies are great, I just had to laugh ๐Ÿ˜‚. Have a lovely weekend! J ๐Ÿ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh bless - that amount of black paint doesn't look fun at all, its good you managed to laugh about it, hopefully you managed to sort it too! Loving the funnies and the postcard, it looks like we've both being sewing this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! It had to be black paint didn't it? I can barely imagine the mess. But as you say, 'it is no good crying over spilt milk (or in this case, paint'. Fortunately you were able to laugh at it in the end.
    Well done on all the sewing. It is not my fortรฉ either and there are a number of odd jobs piling up for my next sewing day.
    Have a lovely time in Holland with your mum. Kate x

    ReplyDelete